Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:46:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ByBit in the UK  (Read 77 times)
BitDraig (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 08:24:02 PM

Is it possible to easily use ByBit in the UK?  I looked at some youtube video which said it was not but I believe you can get around this by using a  VPN.  Anyone using it from the UK and what VPN are you using?  Who or what prevents you from using it in the UK?  Is it the banks refusing to deposit money with it or what?

Also, after purchasing some crypto on ByBit, how do you convert your money back into fiat afterwards?

Thanks for any replies.  I'll return later.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 10:47:27 PM

You're unlikely to be able to buy or sell with bybit unless you have dual nationality you can use.

I can login to bybit and use it from the UK, my account with a UK mobile number got suspended (withdrawals being the only thing allowed). It's the financial conduct authority that banned them and a few other exchanges for non-compliance.

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1808

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 11:07:19 PM

Is it possible to easily use ByBit in the UK?  I looked at some youtube video which said it was not but I believe you can get around this by using a  VPN.  Anyone using it from the UK and what VPN are you using? 
I am not from the UK, but I have seen some people suggest using paid VPNs as a way of circumventing the restrictions. Some of them are still trading on the platform

Who or what prevents you from using it in the UK?  Is it the banks refusing to deposit money with it or what?
It could be a very dangerous move thou if Bybit decided to ask for KYC verification one day with your money in the account. So I think it's best to just avoid such situations.  Ofcourse you can't deposit using Banks from the UK directly.

Also, after purchasing some crypto on ByBit, how do you convert your money back into fiat afterwards?
Transfer BTC, ETH, XRP or EOS to some other platform that's not banned and then convert it to fiat

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
BitDraig (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 07:59:15 PM

You're unlikely to be able to buy or sell with bybit unless you have dual nationality you can use.

I can login to bybit and use it from the UK, my account with a UK mobile number got suspended (withdrawals being the only thing allowed). It's the financial conduct authority that banned them and a few other exchanges for non-compliance.

Do you know of an exchange you could suggest to me?  How about spread betting?  Thanks.

Thank you both for your replies?
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 08:43:25 PM

Do you know of an exchange you could suggest to me?  How about spread betting?  Thanks.

Not sure about anyone else but I think coinbase have managed to keep up with all of the new regulations so they might be one to look at and go with - they're quite well established in the crypto community too and are probably one of the oldest (still running) exchanges in the specter.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2021, 05:14:28 PM

Is it possible to easily use ByBit in the UK?  I looked at some youtube video which said it was not but I believe you can get around this by using a  VPN.  Anyone using it from the UK and what VPN are you using? 
If an exchange does not provide service for your country, is better to look for another that supports the country rather using a VPN to bypass which will later affect your account when an issue raise in the future.
I will advise not to use VPN for crypto exchange, gambling sites etc.

Who or what prevents you from using it in the UK?  Is it the banks refusing to deposit money with it or what?
The last time checks every company that's not recognized by the Financial Conduct Authority are usually prevented from operating in the UK, I don't know the latest stance of the UK government about crypto exchange site operation but I believe ByBit hasn't registered with the UK FCA.

I hope you're not trying to use ByBit because of their  7,500,000 USDT promos with the buy and sell crypto with zero maker fee and up to 40% off the taker fee? Because if I were you I rather use the reputable exchange.

BitDraig (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 07:49:51 PM

Not sure about anyone else but I think coinbase have managed to keep up with all of the new regulations so they might be one to look at and go with - they're quite well established in the crypto community too and are probably one of the oldest (still running) exchanges in the specter.

Actually, have purchased some alt coins through coinbase.  I liked ByBit where you can purchase on margin.  Something similar is what I would ideally like.  I like the flag.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2021, 11:18:02 PM

There must be crypto restriction in your country.

Is it possible to easily use ByBit in the UK?  I looked at some youtube video which said it was not but I believe you can get around this by using a  VPN.  Anyone using it from the UK and what VPN are you using?  Who or what prevents you from using it in the UK?  Is it the banks refusing to deposit money with it or what?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: