Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:02:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have a strategy to help you determine that the dip is at its lower end?  (Read 284 times)
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 11:12:23 PM

There tends to be these - what I call - SIKE! rebounds.
What that means is that there will be a steep dip, you think it's bottoming out so you buy, and sure enough, it starts to go up nicely, and then suddenly, usually a couple of days later...BAM! It dips way past the dip you bought at...and stays there for a long time. I don't know if there is a term for this.

Any strategies out there to help you determine that it's the end of the dip for this period?
Usually when a price dips hard  there is a reason behind it, meaning if you are seeing the price go down than you should immediately see the news if it is something that you think would affect the prices heavily than you should just wait until the dip is stable which can be detected easily using simple indicators like MA, at least that is what i use and for the most part it works pretty well.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 11:51:23 AM

There tends to be these - what I call - SIKE! rebounds.
What that means is that there will be a steep dip, you think it's bottoming out so you buy, and sure enough, it starts to go up nicely, and then suddenly, usually a couple of days later...BAM! It dips way past the dip you bought at...and stays there for a long time. I don't know if there is a term for this.

Any strategies out there to help you determine that it's the end of the dip for this period?
Well, I used to have one which is "if it dropped 50% in the last month, buy it" and that worked out a treat for a lot of the time, because usually things that go down that much ends up going up a lot, and the recent down and up shows that it is a proof of that.

However recently I realized that I do not have too much money to really care about what is going on with the prices, so whenever I get a little bit of money, I just put it on my portfolio and that's it, I don't care where the price is because I am a long term investor and will sell 10+ years later, so that means the 28k to 50k price point difference will be very unimportant in the long run, it could be very important if you invest a lot, but I do not invest a lot and that is why I think that it is quite important not to judge the price right now and just keep on buying as much as I can afford to.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: