Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:46:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: want to compare the following mining  (Read 202 times)
mhy_moumen@yahoo.com (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 01:44:29 PM

want to compare the following mining :
( To decide which of them is better than other to purchase it )
not only hash rate and profits also damages, Jam, obstructs all 

T9+ Miner, 10.5TH
consume 1200 W
-------------------------------------------------------------
T2 miner, 16.5TH
consume 1450 W
Avalon Miner, 20TH
consume 1800 W
Ebit 10.3 Miner, 24TH
consume 2400 W
Aixin Miner, 24TH
consume 2200 W
------------------------------------------------------------
Aladdin T1 Miner, 32TH
consume 3000 W
------------------------------------------------------------
A1 Miner, 49TH
consume 5500 W

_____

Aladdin T1 34THs
Used
consume 3000 W
____

BITFURY B8. 55THs
 NEW
consume 6000 W

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:10:51 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2021, 02:54:19 PM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by BitMaxz (1)

Which Avalon miner? There are several different ones but at 20TH I'm guessing the A921? While it is a solid miner (all of Canaan's miners are very well built) it is not very efficient, power used is more like 2.0-2.2kW depending on air temperature. I would go with any of their A10xx, A11xx or A12xx series. I must add that while all of Canaan's miners are fairly easily serviceable and have good built-in diagnostics, getting replacement modules for non-current miners is rather hard to do as Canaan did not make make very many of the modules for use as spares.

Forget about Ebit, Axin, Aladdin and the Lovecore A1. They all have high failure rates along with terrible to non-existent support.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2021, 02:54:35 PM

Alladin, Aixin, and a1 miner don't have official support and I'm sure it will only give you a headache.

If you want a better ASIC miner then go for Avalon I only heard few people experienced some issues about this miner compared to other miners you mention above.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 06:32:40 PM

Alladin, Aixin, and a1 miner don't have official support and I'm sure it will only give you a headache.

If you want a better ASIC miner then go for Avalon I only heard few people experienced some issues about this miner compared to other miners you mention above.

What about :
BITFURY B8. 55THs
 NEW
consume 6000 W

??
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 06:38:35 PM

What about :
BITFURY B8. 55THs
 NEW
consume 6000 W
You better have free power and it better be a VERY inexpensive price for the miner... That is horrible efficiency even compared to the Avalon 921. Beyond that, there has been very little mention of Bitfury gear here, mainly because most of their production of miners is for use in their own farms with very few sold to outsiders (consumers).

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 06:56:10 PM

Which Avalon miner? There are several different ones but at 20TH I'm guessing the A921? While it is a solid miner (all of Canaan's miners are very well built) it is not very efficient, power used is more like 2.0-2.2kW depending on air temperature. I would go with any of their A10xx, A11xx or A12xx series. I must add that while all of Canaan's miners are fairly easily serviceable and have good built-in diagnostics, getting replacement modules for non-current miners is rather hard to do as Canaan did not make make very many of the modules for use as spares.

Forget about Ebit, Axin, Aladdin and the Lovecore A1. They all have high failure rates along with terrible to non-existent support.

What about :
BITFURY B8. 55THs
 NEW
consume 6000 W

??
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 07:03:04 PM

Answered already in post #5...  Roll Eyes

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 07:26:58 PM

What about :
BITFURY B8. 55THs
 NEW
consume 6000 W
You better have free power and it better be a VERY inexpensive price for the miner... That is horrible efficiency even compared to the Avalon 921. Beyond that, there has been very little mention of Bitfury gear here, mainly because most of their production of miners is for use in their own farms with very few sold to outsiders (consumers).

Thank you
I understand that you advise me to go to bitmain miner T9, S9,
Or T2T . Are that right ?

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 01:21:55 AM

The high failure rate isn't something confirmed by any scale, these gears are just a rebrand of other miners (mostly INNO), so their failure rate is within the range of the original piece of gear, but that's great advice nonetheless, those gears shouldn't be bought.

OP, it seems like you have free power and you are looking for the cheapest gear possible, I know this is outside of the scope of your question but do you know what it takes to run a single unit that consumes 6000w? do you have any background about electricity, wiring, MCBs, fuses, amps, volt, and all that?

The reason why I ask is that where I live power is either free or almost free, so most newcomers take your route, I was contacted by so many folks who bought BITFURY gears and most of them had troubles with electricity, this beast sucks a ton of power, despite the fact that it takes 2*C19 power cords to run it - the infrastructure needed to run such gears isn't available at home, so most people end up selling it for a lot cheaper to those who have the infrastructure needed.

With that being said, according to one person who I trust and know he has been mining for years, he said those gears are very robust, but the power consumption is out of the question even if you had free power, it will be limited/capped by something outside of your control and thus you won't be able to expand, so I'll add my vote to NFW and say go with Avalon.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 01:40:49 AM

My question would be why you are going to old/2nd hand gear?

It may be becoz you can get it quickly, but the performance sux compared to new gear.

Most of your list is around the 10TH / 1kW range which is the same as miners many years ago.
Even an S9 falls in that arena (and better than that) and some people think S9s don't exist any more or are not worth running any more.

Current miners are around 90-100TH / 3300W so up to 3 times better in H/Joule

Diff is on the rise again and may well catch up to the previous peak in the not too distant future.
Consider that also when considering buying now, old slow poor performance miners.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 09:35:26 AM

The high failure rate isn't something confirmed by any scale, these gears are just a rebrand of other miners (mostly INNO), so their failure rate is within the range of the original piece of gear, but that's great advice nonetheless, those gears shouldn't be bought.

OP, it seems like you have free power and you are looking for the cheapest gear possible, I know this is outside of the scope of your question but do you know what it takes to run a single unit that consumes 6000w? do you have any background about electricity, wiring, MCBs, fuses, amps, volt, and all that?

The reason why I ask is that where I live power is either free or almost free, so most newcomers take your route, I was contacted by so many folks who bought BITFURY gears and most of them had troubles with electricity, this beast sucks a ton of power, despite the fact that it takes 2*C19 power cords to run it - the infrastructure needed to run such gears isn't available at home, so most people end up selling it for a lot cheaper to those who have the infrastructure needed.

With that being said, according to one person who I trust and know he has been mining for years, he said those gears are very robust, but the power consumption is out of the question even if you had free power, it will be limited/capped by something outside of your control and thus you won't be able to expand, so I'll add my vote to NFW and say go with Avalon.

Thank you

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 12:18:35 PM

My question would be why you are going to old/2nd hand gear?

It may be becoz you can get it quickly, but the performance sux compared to new gear.

Most of your list is around the 10TH / 1kW range which is the same as miners many years ago.
Even an S9 falls in that arena (and better than that) and some people think S9s don't exist any more or are not worth running any more.

Current miners are around 90-100TH / 3300W so up to 3 times better in H/Joule

Diff is on the rise again and may well catch up to the previous peak in the not too distant future.
Consider that also when considering buying now, old slow poor performance miners.

Thank You
Ciscoestu

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 08:51:08 PM

Hello,
I can tell you about the miners that I use. I have 10 Aladdinminer T1 32Th.
They are good for me, but they consume a lot, thank goodness I have free energy. Wink
YusupOFF

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2022, 06:10:33 PM

Hello,
I can tell you about the miners that I use. I have 10 Aladdinminer T1 32Th.
They are good for me, but they consume a lot, thank goodness I have free energy. Wink
Do you happen to have firmware? If you have USB UART then you can copy the firmware
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: