Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on decentralized property deed project  (Read 63 times)
brettwood239892 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 12:13:51 AM

I am working on a decentralized property deed project. The abstract is:

In the same way that Bitcoin has proven useful for some to store savings and transact in a peer-to-peer network with no centralized authority, others may find a use for a decentralized, cryptographically secure proof of digital land ownership.  In parts of the world with strong existing property rights systems this may have little value, but perhaps it could be adopted in areas which are more decentralized by nature. One would want to familiarize themselves with the Bitcoin whitepaper before reading this as it borrows and builds on many of the concepts found there.

I'd love to get feedback on it (probably picked apart as to why it won't work). I can send the whitepaper on telegram if interested.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ymckartal

Activity: 252
Merit: 45

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 01:49:42 AM

Your post does not inspire confidence. You have a nice way. I regret to say that the end of such inclined articles usually leads to fraud.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 20, 2021, 09:49:43 AM

In the same way that Bitcoin has proven useful for some to store savings and transact in a peer-to-peer network with no centralized authority, others may find a use for a decentralized, cryptographically secure proof of digital land ownership.  In parts of the world with strong existing property rights systems this may have little value, but perhaps it could be adopted in areas which are more decentralized by nature. One would want to familiarize themselves with the Bitcoin whitepaper before reading this as it borrows and builds on many of the concepts found there.

I'd love to get feedback on it (probably picked apart as to why it won't work). I can send the whitepaper on telegram if interested.

Wonder what you mean by "which are more decentralized by nature". By the way, are you talking of ownership of physical or virtual lands?
Assuming it's about digitalization of physical land ownership in a way that allows quick transfer of ownership in digital world, I have wondered about that as well and concluded that it's better not to considered them (lands) as permanent properties. I'd probably try renting lands... "Owners" of the lands can consider renting the lands out, as long as they can, and they have the power to evict the occupiers  once they misuse/abuse the lands. So, the abuse/misuse would need to be proven in good court.
brettwood239892 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 04:30:44 PM

In the same way that Bitcoin has proven useful for some to store savings and transact in a peer-to-peer network with no centralized authority, others may find a use for a decentralized, cryptographically secure proof of digital land ownership.  In parts of the world with strong existing property rights systems this may have little value, but perhaps it could be adopted in areas which are more decentralized by nature. One would want to familiarize themselves with the Bitcoin whitepaper before reading this as it borrows and builds on many of the concepts found there.

Wonder what you mean by "which are more decentralized by nature". By the way, are you talking of ownership of physical or virtual lands?
Assuming it's about digitalization of physical land ownership in a way that allows quick transfer of ownership in digital world, I have wondered about that as well and concluded that it's better not to considered them (lands) as permanent properties. I'd probably try renting lands... "Owners" of the lands can consider renting the lands out, as long as they can, and they have the power to evict the occupiers  once they misuse/abuse the lands. So, the abuse/misuse would need to be proven in good court.

"which are more decentralized by nature" - Perhaps nature is a confusing word to put in there. I was just speculating that this may be more useful initially in places with weaker centralized governance structures since they don't already have a history of land laws built up
"physical or virtual" - In some ways it is blending. But physical. In the way that the 2 acres I own that my house is on is recorded in a ledge in my town.

When you say you've considered them not as permanent properties, do you mean that you personally don't want to own?  Or you think society is moving in a way that nobody will own land anymore?  I think society is going to change radically with Bitcoin but don't think we will move away from physical land ownership. I just think as government changes how will this impact land ownership? I can't help but think if the threat of violence is removed from the national government then it works its way down to the landowners themselves if we don't have a better way of organizing it.
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 05:18:06 PM

In the same way that Bitcoin has proven useful for some to store savings and transact in a peer-to-peer network with no centralized authority, others may find a use for a decentralized, cryptographically secure proof of digital land ownership.  In parts of the world with strong existing property rights systems this may have little value, but perhaps it could be adopted in areas which are more decentralized by nature. One would want to familiarize themselves with the Bitcoin whitepaper before reading this as it borrows and builds on many of the concepts found there.

problem is that you have to enforce it, in the real world. with digital land, no worry... seconldy generally those areas don't rely on internet solutions, but on shared trust / common sense, aka everyone knows it's yours, and that's enough to make it yours, ie no need to subjugated onceself to another authority than the shared common local one.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 10:13:23 PM

I think there were already projects and attempts of doing this during 2017-2018.

But they didn't become successful with that due to lack of many things. We all have different rulings towards properties and by doing it, you have to make many things such as registration and as well getting that information to the owners.

Which I doubt this system can do.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
brettwood239892 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 05:07:40 PM

I think there were already projects and attempts of doing this during 2017-2018.

But they didn't become successful with that due to lack of many things. We all have different rulings towards properties and by doing it, you have to make many things such as registration and as well getting that information to the owners.

Which I doubt this system can do.

I have definitely heard of a lot of failed ones which attempt to map the current ownership into a digital one, very messy.  But I propose we start new, mining the digital property rights to the earth, and then current landowners can choose to buy the digital rights to their land as a kind of "insurance"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: