Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM ALERT] bobcatpreorders.com is a Scam site. Real site is bobcatminer.com  (Read 44 times)
Bitcoin_Arena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 11:49:42 PM

What happened: bobcatpreorders.com is a site used by scammers to impersonate bobcatminer.com and also defraud people who might think it's the original website. The mining equipment they claim to sell are a complete rip off from the bobcatminer.com original site

Scammers Profile Link: N/A

Scammer's Website link: bobcatpreorders.com
Archived: https://archive.ph/TUFd4

Home page of Scam website:

The Joke

Even the official team confirmed them as scammers

Domain information:
Scam website
Code:
Domain:bobcatpreorders.com
Registrar:GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registered On:2021-06-04
Expires On:2022-06-04
Updated On:2021-06-30

Genuine Website

Code:
Domain:bobcatminer.com
Registrar:NameCheap, Inc.
Registered On:2021-01-24
Expires On:2022-01-24
Updated On:2021-02-23

Fake email address: -- customer@bobcatpreorders.com

Genuine Email addresses: -- Customer@bobcatminer.com,

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shasan
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1271

Need a Bounty Manager? t.me/shasan32

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2021, 02:14:18 PM

Sorry but I could not understand from your provided information how they are impersonating. But according to the screenshot they are scammer yet I am confused why they are scammer and how they are scamming they have different design, different logo and so on.
Bitcoin_Arena (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 11:52:45 PM

Sorry but I could not understand from your provided information how they are impersonating. But according to the screenshot they are scammer yet I am confused why they are scammer and how they are scamming they have different design, different logo and so on.
Don't let the theme color fool you. They just removed the dark theme and kept theirs white. The rest of the information is copy and paste from the original site.

I also checked out the official team who also confirmed to me that they are scammers as shown in the screenshot below in the OP.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptoYar

Activity: 1064
Merit: 638

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 07:56:01 AM

Don't let the theme color fool you. They just removed the dark theme and kept theirs white. The rest of the information is copy and paste from the original site.

I also checked out the official team who also confirmed to me that they are scammers as shown in the screenshot below in the OP.

Yes, they have copy-pasted all the information from the original website and its example is below.

bobcatpreorders.com

bobcatminer.com

Besides, bobcatpreorders.com have no social media accounts, no Facebook, no Twitter, no telegram.
It is because Scammers always take shortcuts they don't waste much time on such scams that's why they get caught.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: