Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create an Android watch-only wallet from a multisig account?  (Read 112 times)
bictoincat (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 05:52:46 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (5), hugeblack (4), o_e_l_e_o (4), ABCbits (1)

Hello, first of all I want to apologize because of my poor English, is not my main language and I will try to explain myself as better as I can. Secondly, I've tried to found this before looking at this forum and other pages and social networks but it seems something unclear and nobody asking specifically about it.

My question is, as the subject says, how to create a watch-only wallet from a multisig wallet I've created in electrum, BUT, to see in the smartphone (like Sentinel or Bluewallet does with regular accounts).

I know how to create a watch-only wallet in electrum but the idea is to get the full address generated from your public key handly and quickly than needing to open the computer, access electrum, etc.

I've found very useful Sentinel and Bluewallet watch-only because with your xpub/zpub you can generate all your fresh addresses so quickly, generate qr codes anywhere, etc., and I think it would be so useful to do it the same way with my new improved multisig setup. But I can't find a clear way to do it.

What I get both from Sentinel and Bluewallet when I try to enter the public keys that I get from electrum is that the master public key from each of the co-signers (starting by Zpub, uppercase, not lowercase as regular wallet ones) isn't a valid zpub address. I don't know how to get this info from electrum or maybe it's impossible, but I don't know because I haven't found this specific question anywhere previously.

Thanks in advance for your help on that and again my apologies if this has been answered and I didn't made a properly research!
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 05:57:21 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (4), DdmrDdmr (3), ABCbits (2), hosseinimr93 (1)

Is there a reason you don't want to use electrum on android? I've used a multisig version of electrum on my android before as a cosigner so it should work as a watching only one too.

You have to click to make a multisignstruure wallet and then input the zpubs individually.

You could try working out what format the other two wallet apps present their master public keys as too as it could just be that the zpub isn't capitalised or something.
bictoincat (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 06:11:03 PM

Is there a reason you don't want to use electrum on android? I've used a multisig version of electrum on my android before as a cosigner so it should work as a watching only one too.

You have to click to make a multisignstruure wallet and then input the zpubs individually.

You could try working out what format the other two wallet apps present their master public keys as too as it could just be that the zpub isn't capitalised or something.

I have tried it and works like a charm, thanks!  Cheesy

I don't know why I didn't tried to use electrum on Android. I was using Sentinel and Bluewallet previously for being so easy to config and use and I'm a relatively new bitcoin user and don't tried to install electrum in my phone. Thanks for your answer!
bictoincat (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 07:08:50 PM
Merited by hugeblack (4), LeGaulois (3), HCP (1)

Hello again,

I want to share that Bluewallet "vaults" are the same as multisig wallets, so, there you can enter the master public key of each of co-signants and easily create a watch-only wallet, among electrum, as said previously. I had no idea before that "vault" was that. One learning each day  Smiley

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: