Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:36:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PCGS now grading crypto!!! ??  (Read 579 times)
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3044

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 01:55:38 PM

So far so good…

I spoke to several PCGS team members this week regarding crypto. At first, I was instructed to a local dealer to assist with PCGS submission. Shortly after making appointment, I received callback that PCGS will “ONLY GRADE CASASCIUS COINS whose numbers are already listed in the PCGS catalog (#888203, #888204, #888205, and #888206). However, I received an  email Friday requesting a summary of my Casascius coins NOT listed in catalog!!  My reply included pictures of .1s, .5s, and 1.0s with their photo descriptions from “Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.” Finger crossed… but I think it’s happening.  Grin

But why? They’ve already stated they don’t guarantee anything, taking them off the hook, so why the hell would you turn down business? It’s not like they know how to truly authenticate Cas coins either.

I can’t remember, does anyone know why ANACS stopped grading ?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 02:20:40 PM

I can't find that they ever stated an exact reason, but maybe the submissions just slowed down after ICG started grading (?)  ... & having dealt with them (over & over in some cases cuz they always fucked shit up somehow) Tongue over the years, I can say with absolute certainty:

1. They just suck - They dropped an MS69 Kialara error coin on the floor or something during a re-holder and put a giant ding on it. Never even compensated or replied to complaints, pushed the grade down. I actually auctioned it off here a few years back as an "aberration coin"

2. Paul DeFelice is a total fckn asshole - That time they switched to green labels, the prick threatened to send all my coins back ungraded after I complained for weeks after not getting my submission(s) back for over 3 months. FUCK that guy! Roll Eyes

3. Complaints maybe? https://www.bbb.org/us/co/englewood/profile/coin-dealers/anacs-1296-90023805/complaints

4. Fuck ANACS ... Can't really say I'm all that cool with PCGS yet either, they are pretty much a cookie-cutter grader IMO, but we'll see. I like the notes, but still, who is actually authing those and knows anything about them etc?? Roll Eyes

Cheers

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Spokanistan51

Activity: 1737
Merit: 190

X/Twitter @MarkD_509 ; Facebook: @509bitcointrader

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2021, 02:46:42 PM

I wonder if PCGS will grade redeemed items? In reading thread maybe only items in which the hologramed/key has to be securely attached?

X/Twitter: @MarkD_509
Facebook: www.facebook.com/509bitcointrader
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3044

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 06:46:38 PM

I can't find that they ever stated an exact reason, but maybe the submissions just slowed down after ICG started grading (?)  ... & having dealt with them (over & over in some cases cuz they always fucked shit up somehow) Tongue over the years, I can say with absolute certainty:

1. They just suck - They dropped an MS69 Kialara error coin on the floor or something during a re-holder and put a giant ding on it. Never even compensated or replied to complaints, pushed the grade down. I actually auctioned it off here a few years back as an "aberration coin"

2. Paul DeFelice is a total fckn asshole - That time they switched to green labels, the prick threatened to send all my coins back ungraded after I complained for weeks after not getting my submission(s) back for over 3 months. FUCK that guy! Roll Eyes

3. Complaints maybe? https://www.bbb.org/us/co/englewood/profile/coin-dealers/anacs-1296-90023805/complaints

4. Fuck ANACS ... Can't really say I'm all that cool with PCGS yet either, they are pretty much a cookie-cutter grader IMO, but we'll see. I like the notes, but still, who is actually authing those and knows anything about them etc?? Roll Eyes

Cheers

^ exactly everything I was thinking. I have always disliked ANACS. Their slabs look like an accident happened in the machine when making them. The shape is terrible, the labels are ugly, etc.  To be honest I dislike them all for various reasons. I don’t like PCGS slabs, NGC are old farts …my buddies convo when asking the head of NGC why they don’t grade crypto coins.. “we only grade real coins”. Well you guys grade those McDonald’s Big Mac coins.. “those coins are really nice”. Lol gtfo here. I bet they are a bit jealous of the press PCGS is getting with the Casascius coins all over the news. Even made TMZ headlines lol. Just wish ICG had better slabs, they’ve been great to us. 

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███