Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best graphic card to mine BTC and Altcoins  (Read 136 times)
Son_of_Karry_Mullis (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 10:38:28 PM

Hi,

what is the best graphic card to mine BTC and other Altcoins?
I want to use my computer and not buy a seperate device. So on day time I can use my computer and over night I do mining.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2578

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 10:46:02 PM

For mining BTC - NONE. Difficulty for mining Bitcoin killed killed any chances of using GPU's since around 2013. Only ASIC-based mining works anymore.
ref https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2415854.0 point-3
For mining alts see the ALTCOIN areas like here This area is for Bitcoin only.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
suboo112123

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 07:38:04 PM

Can I use GTX 760 graphic card for mining. if not, what is the best graphic card that I can get for the mining?
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2578

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 07:41:16 PM

Roll Eyes NONE!
Perhaps try reading the post right above yours!!!
If perhaps you want to mine ONLY altcoins then ask in the Altcoin Mining areas of the Forum.
Not here as this area is for Bitcoin only.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 02:13:54 AM

Hi,

I want to use my computer and not buy a seperate device. So on day time I can use my computer and over night I do mining.
meh...rtx 3060 laptop is the best at this current price for hybrid mining and consume only 80w when mining, compared you buying card as same price

except you want build mining rigs, hardly to find gpu at decent price

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 03:53:09 AM

Seems that you dont really need to check the crypto prices to know when cryptos are pumping, all you need to do is check the "mining" section of bitcointalk and if there are a couple of new threads where newbies want to mine Bitcoin with their laptops it means BTC is pumping.

A month or two back, "mining" section was completely dead and hardly any topics going on. Nobody wanted to mine Bitcoins with their Macbook Air back then. Now that BTC hit $50K and it looks like it'll break ATH soon, we get tons of newbies who want to mine and completely skipped reading any of the various threads which provide a "HOW-TO" on how to get started and what to expect.

OP, the best GPU is the closest one and non-LHR that you can find at MSRP. If you can find one at MSRP and not LHR (nvidia) then buy it. Profitability is more or less the same. But right now is a horrible time to get into mining due to the chip shortage.

sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 04:00:10 AM

meh...rtx 3060 laptop is the best at this current price for hybrid mining and consume only 80w when mining, compared you buying card as same price

except you want build mining rigs, hardly to find gpu at decent price

Rtx 3060 laptop is the best budget VGA right now but it's for daily use or gaming use. Using laptop GPU for mining is very risky because the cooler of the laptop can't handle all time 100% performance from it's GPU. So it will break the GPU under 1 year use.
Many people use AMD for mining purpose but the price is not decent till right now but already decreasing if we compared it to months ago
Bravehash

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 11:52:07 AM

Hi,

Buy stand alone graphic cards like rx570, 580 or 590, you can also consider Nvidia cards like gtx 1660 super and Ti, GPUs can't mine BTC directly anymore but you can mine ETH and get paid in BTC using Nicehash website

anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 05:26:49 PM

Many people use AMD for mining purpose but the price is not decent till right now but already decreasing if we compared it to months ago
just keep in mind that newer rdna cards are not that good for mining. you might want to take a look at polaris cards, but the price on the market is not that good atm. don't be surprised if you find one for the same price as new gen cards.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 07:56:24 PM

Can I use GTX 760 graphic card for mining. if not, what is the best graphic card that I can get for the mining?
NO!
Best beginner's guide:
https://mining.help/
Here is a list of current video cards for mining, settings and profit.
https://whattomine.com/gpus
Study these 2 sources before you start mining and estimate the potential profit.
Profit is always indicated in real time, this does not give you a guarantee that it will not decrease in a week.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: