Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why such high fees in ETH?  (Read 516 times)
jovan85

Activity: 1239
Merit: 562

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 07:00:51 PM

I think high fees in ETH is because SMARTCONTRACT , it will bring good changes security, and the cost of mining are improved when going from POW to POS and all brings lower fees.I think, maybe I m wrong
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 05:28:17 AM

in the description I read, the ethereum network fee is determined by the miners and it is not related to the eth network itself. but from ethereum itself promises to solve this problem as soon as possible, so that consumers can feel more comfortable

Are you sure the ethereum network fee is determined by the miners ? Well i think it is the opposite.
The fee is determined by the users who want to transact in the network, by setting the gas price. ETH fee was low few months ago, it was only around 10-30 gwei, but now it is above 70 gwei.

avarnet

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

Enterapp

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 06:19:25 AM

This habit occurs when transactions are busy or there are many transactions on Ethereum, when it is busy, people are competing to get away quickly by increasing the gas fee, the transaction habit is when we install the gas fee the faster the transaction runs so that over time it becomes a big fee The Ethereum transaction gas is how I feel and experience it

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 06:59:14 AM

What's going with gas fees? After the London fork, the gas fees only went up. They raised gas limit, and the blocks are half empty, even 5% - 15% filled, but gas fees are through the roof! It's not about limited capacity right now, yet it's very expensive. What is reason for that?

And what is minimum gasused multiplier?

It is possible that this is because most miners are moving to staking. The number of transactions is simply not decreasing, but there are fewer and fewer miners who are mining Ethereum and there are not enough of them to confirm the transaction. Therefore, if you want the confirmation to be faster, you have to pay more.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 07:16:09 AM

What's going with gas fees? After the London fork, the gas fees only went up. They raised gas limit, and the blocks are half empty, even 5% - 15% filled, but gas fees are through the roof! It's not about limited capacity right now, yet it's very expensive. What is reason for that?

The London fork did not lower the gas fees but put a fixed price per block for network fee. Burn mechanism was also been established within this EIP-1559 and miners wasn't the one who dictates the tx fees anymore. This makes ETH now a deflationary asset that could potentially rose in price as time goes by. ETH 2.0 is probably the solution for high fees. Not this EIP-1559.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2021, 02:31:29 PM

I read that the reason for the large commissions is due to this bug
https://decrypt.co/79597/ethereum-blockchain-splits-software-bug-network
Ethereum Blockchain Splits as Software Bug Affects More Than Half the Network
"Despite a late fix to Ethereum client Geth on Tuesday, most users did not update to the latest version, causing a fork on the network."
But if you look at the blockchain explorer, then the problem has not been solved yet.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2021, 02:44:10 PM

If you check any gas fees websites, there's still a high fee whether you are just depositing or transferring ETH or swapping any coin you will utilize. Most of the ERC-20 games that use many fees are unreasonably hard to play because it's going to eat a lot of your ETH. I hope they fix it because it's highly unreasonable to use ETH for transacting many transactions.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Bazlur

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 02:53:44 PM

The London fork did not lower the gas fees but put a fixed price per block for network fee. Burn mechanism was also been established within this EIP-1559 and miners wasn't the one who dictates the tx fees anymore. This makes ETH now a deflationary asset that could potentially rose in price as time goes by. ETH 2.0 is probably the solution for high fees. Not this EIP-1559.
ETH's new development ETH 2.0 was launched long before EIP-1559. But did ETH 2.0 reduce Ethereum transaction fees? Ethereum network needs more new development because it could not. London hard fork is one of its result. But we can't call it a success so far.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 03:13:18 PM

If its empty means you can initiate a transaction with less fee and it will also get confirmed, no need to use high fee because others are using it and this fee hike simply due to the crypto users since they are keep moving due to the bullish trend and want their assets to be moved as soon as possible so they are spending more than what's actually needed.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2021, 04:59:46 PM

Gas costs are high because there was a bitcoin correction a few months ago, this is the problem we are experiencing today with high ETH gas costs so it will not be affordable when the transaction will be delayed, previously Eth also promised to fix it as soon as possible who knows how long the ETH fee will always be high?

I don't understand why you think btc correction has something to do with eth! i don't think that's very correct though, eth has been having high gas issue for quite sometime now, this is not btc fault, eth need to fix this problem because so many people are suffering this high gas fee, i can't seem to understand why till now they are not able to do something about this issue, soon people will stop buying eth base tokens if gas won't go down.
blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 05:01:59 PM

With more crypto success, base on ETH smart contract and ETH price increase. This going to be quite stagnant for ETH network and will be a burden for ETH users just to send a simple transaction. I fear ETH will lose its unity and usefulness if this keeps ongoing.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 05:58:27 PM

When this new hype on NFT gaming ends or it moves to another token then we are going to end up seeing the gas fee down once again.

Because of the initial DeFi stuff we have seen people use ETH a lot and the gas fee was a lot as well, then we have seen people move to mainly BSC and into some other stuff as well which dropped the ETH gas fee a lot once again, nowadays it is NFT Gaming that makes ETH gas fee high again, which we do not really have any alternative just yet, there are some others like poly and enjin that people use but it is not wide spread yet which it will be eventually because of high gas fee on ETH, in that case it will drop again. Whenever a new thing comes out, it is first ETH that gets hyped and gas fee becomes insanely high, then slowly people find alternative coins and build their projects there which makes it go down.
Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1479

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 06:41:35 PM

This habit occurs when transactions are busy or there are many transactions on Ethereum, when it is busy, people are competing to get away quickly by increasing the gas fee, the transaction habit is when we install the gas fee the faster the transaction runs so that over time it becomes a big fee The Ethereum transaction gas is how I feel and experience it

In this way, you think that gaz fees are not determined by the miners (which is actually the case) but by the users themselves, right?
Even if the users put a high gas fee to get their transactions confirmed asap, the miners will start accepting only transactions with the highest fee which will determine the average of fee. It's always recommended not to set the highest fee (if your client allows you to customize it) but the minimum possible which will determine the fee in a normal average. Use this tool to chose the right fee: https://ethgasstation.info/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 06:47:37 PM

With more crypto success, base on ETH smart contract and ETH price increase. This going to be quite stagnant for ETH network and will be a burden for ETH users just to send a simple transaction. I fear ETH will lose its unity and usefulness if this keeps ongoing.
This will not continue and the use of ETH will not decrease or lose, because basically ETH has undergone several developments and the problem of fees also changes frequently, so ETH users can still wait for low fees if they want to make simple transactions.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 07:46:57 PM

I think we need to wait for ETH 2.0 launched, so that gas fees from Ethereum are low, because currently Ethereum is still using a Proof of Work (PoW) system and when Ethereum already uses a Proof of Stake (PoS) system, then of course it will make gas fees from Etheruem become low.
Plinteng

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

https://goldeth.io/

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 08:00:28 PM

transaction density on the Ethereum blockchain network is one of the main reasons, on the other hand when the price of ethereum increases it can also affect gas costs. plus many people make transactions on opensea related to NFT, since the NFT boom in the crypto market can also affect every transaction block which in the end becomes more expensive.

Where Digital Assets Meet Real Life Value!
GETH     [   DECENTRALIZED GOLD   ] (https://goldeth.io/)
[url=https://x.com/goldethcryp
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 08:37:21 PM

Almost all low cost token buyers face with similar problems, there is no concrete solution to this problem. You can only check Gastracker of Etherscan and decide to process transactions or not. Sometimes I have paid over $20 just for 5 dollars worth token transfer.
Did you pursue that transaction? paying $20 of fee just to transfer a $5 token.

I don't think that's even worth it. I'm also watching the fees and until now, I'm just waiting until it calms down and gives a lower fee. It doesn't matter how long I'm going to wait.

But right now, I don't like the high fees that have been there after the London hard fork.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 08:50:21 PM

in the description I read, the ethereum network fee is determined by the miners and it is not related to the eth network itself. but from ethereum itself promises to solve this problem as soon as possible, so that consumers can feel more comfortable
I thought the high gas fees were caused by too many transactions happening at a particular time? if truly the fees are determined by the miners then it's obvious that the miners are greedy as hell, cause how can they be charging eth users $50 per transaction? that's stealing and it's wicked cause they are taking money from so many people just to enrich their own pocket, it's totally unfair I just hope Ethereum team fix this soon.

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 10:09:57 PM

Yes we can see that the etherium gas fee has increased so much that people are currently failing to transfer any coins.I have pumped a lot of coins but I can't transfer my coins due to excess gas which is why I have completely failed and am just looking at the market.I want the Ethereum platform to be very popular if it wants to reduce the Ethereum transaction gas fee very quickly.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 10:33:28 PM

The reason for the spike in the gas fees for ETH in the past few days was some high profiled NFT drops that had an impact than the usual trading volume and many were facing issues and there was a sudden spike in transaction charges and then another reason could be the bug that was identified in Go Ethereum and there is a possibility of double spend and that might increase the gas price high.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: