Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:30:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM EXCHANGE] CHANGENOW.IO trying to steal my 3 BTC  (Read 396 times)
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1215

Heisenberg

View Profile
September 11, 2021, 09:40:32 PM

We could've either issued a refund to an address you sent us deposit from or proceed with your exchange — what you want us to do is to send 3 BTC to an unknown address by providing us with an Exchange ID.

We can't send 3 BTC to a 3rd party address without being absolute certainty in the fact that we are talking to the owner of the funds.
But you do know you are at fault here.

Why didn't you send the person the money at that time when it was necessary? What was the reason for holding back the customer's 3 Bitcoins?

Assuming he didn't try to claim the money, you were just going to continue sitting back and relax? Why should anyone even trust your shitty service that keep holding back people's money for no reason  Huh

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
coaxel

Activity: 35
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 05:40:46 AM

I've taken the time to thoroughly read this scam report and honestly, my first thought is why the frick does gofry47 keeps repeating he's been using his BTC on the darknet.

Not only is this dumb as BTC is even more traceable than it was in 2019 it's incredibly foolish to admit on a public forum you were even on the darknet buying things.

Law enforcement can literally request information from Changenow.io about his BTC addresses and investigate the trail with chainanalysis among other tools specifically made to trace...get this, Darknet Users!!!

I get he's emotional about potentially never seeing his BTC again alongside changenow.io also making a mistake in their own right but it's never a smart idea to casually say multiple times you were on the darknet buying things using a traceable currency.

Him spending the BTC on the darknet then trying to exchange that same BTC to XMR this just opens up all these possibilities and ideas for why he's doing this...
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1215

Heisenberg

View Profile
September 12, 2021, 06:57:17 AM

I've taken the time to thoroughly read this scam report and honestly, my first thought is why the frick does gofry47 keeps repeating he's been using his BTC on the darknet.

Not only is this dumb as BTC is even more traceable than it was in 2019 it's incredibly foolish to admit on a public forum you were even on the darknet buying things.

Law enforcement can literally request information from Changenow.io about his BTC addresses and investigate the trail with chainanalysis among other tools specifically made to trace...get this, Darknet Users!!!

I get he's emotional about potentially never seeing his BTC again alongside changenow.io also making a mistake in their own right but it's never a smart idea to casually say multiple times you were on the darknet buying things using a traceable currency.

Him spending the BTC on the darknet then trying to exchange that same BTC to XMR this just opens up all these possibilities and ideas for why he's doing this...

I agree, gofry47's move is not so smart, but that's up to him. If the law enforcement agencies catch up with him, he will only have himself to blame.
What I don't like is Changenow not acting responsible and sending the money they illegal held for three years. If they don't like the idea of using a new address to send the funds, then why don't they just send the 3 BTC to the first address gofry47 used back then?

If gofry47 doesn't have access to the address, again, that's up to him.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
ACrow
Copper Member

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2021, 03:16:50 PM

3. We could send a small amount of crypto to an initial receiving address; you would then tell us the exact amount, and that would be enough to verify you as the owner of the receiving address — and again, you claim to have no access to it.

In my accusation against you, I passed the validation as you wrote here, but you did not change the address. To delay, you say that the amount is too large, and you require me to send BTC from addresses where I do not have access.

You didn't change the address and sent my xmr to someone, just by making a gift. You admitted your mistake, what else is needed for you, a fraudster, to compensate for my losses of more than $100K Huh

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: