Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:26:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Temp question  (Read 99 times)
Gunday_07 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 11:08:30 AM

Is there anyway to know the memory temp of GPUs like rx580s and 1660super? Why is no one worrying about them? Is there any software that can show these cards memory temp? I've never seen anyone talking about this than the 3070ti ,3080 and 3090s, small cards don't have memory temp issues?

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2150

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2021, 11:20:15 AM

You can find the answer here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/l60f9h/should_i_care_about_the_memory_temp_as_long_as/
The memory sensor isn't there for some vendor of RX 580, so you need a laser thermometer or similar device to shoot the temp.
It said also GDDR5 along with the under-voltage typically won't have problem with temperature, so people just ignore it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 01:57:19 PM

They don't matter  Grin, cards like rx580 and 1660 ti/super are good for crypto mining and if you OC the memory too much you will get reboots or crashes, you don't need to worry about their memory temps the normal temp is enough to keep them alive for many years to come

anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 02:18:53 PM

the rtx 30 series use a very hot memory modules, so it's normal for people to talk about it. there's a ton of report of those cards dying due to bad mem thermal already, while you see little to no reports for those 1660 rx580 cards after years. no need to worry that much.
Bravehash

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 05:40:41 PM

the rtx 30 series use a very hot memory modules, so it's normal for people to talk about it. there's a ton of report of those cards dying due to bad mem thermal already, while you see little to no reports for those 1660 rx580 cards after years. no need to worry that much.
I haven't seen or heard about a dead rtx30** series from miners only from gamers who don't know what memory temp means, if I have to use these cards for gaming I would always make sure my fan is at 80% speed, anything over 95°C is dangerous for these cards, I'm using a rtx3070ti and I don't let the mem temp go over 88°C

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 09:10:19 PM

Is there anyway to know the memory temp of GPUs like rx580s and 1660super? Why is no one worrying about them? Is there any software that can show these cards memory temp? I've never seen anyone talking about this than the 3070ti ,3080 and 3090s, small cards don't have memory temp issues?
If the video card manufacturer has not installed a temperature sensor, then it is not needed there.
You can install it yourself, but it will be an additional waste of money and will result in a loss of warranty for you.
The 1660 and rx580 are not hot video cards, so I wouldn't think of unnecessary problems for myself. But you can change the stock thermal pads, this will reduce the memory temperature.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 08:10:02 AM

I dont know about 1660s because i dont have them not tested. But i tested memory temps on rx cards manually with multimeter sensor.
Memory temps usually 10C more than gpu temps that you are reading. So simply if you see 60C on gpu it means 70C on memory
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: