Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:19:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to manage losses?  (Read 760 times)
Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 327

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 07:59:26 PM

how do you manage stress if you loss biggest amount because the value of your token is hitting down or NFT project is not ok?
 in your opinion how diversify your investment in other alts to cope up your losses?
Try to divert yourself or attention into something and that will surely solve out the problem. Diversification is always recommended so that you would able to recover on what you had lost on other investment

although not all would really be that capable since this do talk about financial capacity of a certain investor and not all would really be that having the money thats why they do really
focus on single investment and when losses happens then frustration and anger is normal.

It is just depending on how you do handle it up.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 08:04:51 PM

how do you manage stress if you loss biggest amount because the value of your token is hitting down or NFT project is not ok?
 in your opinion how diversify your investment in other alts to cope up your losses?
Actually this is not so complicated to deal with, because as long as you are still choosing the best coins in cryptocurrency, you don't need to stress about this because the best coins will always rise when the demand increases slowly and sharply, so it just takes patience in doing so face such a situation.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 09:20:51 PM

It is actually hard to manage, but I try to look for the brighter side in which I should have some lessons got from those losses. Right now, the coins/NFT that I am currently is invested are down, like the SLP or Smooth Love Potion of Axie Infinity, I'm just holding it, not trading it until now for months. I'm looking forward to sell them on a higher price this coming September.
It's better to always diversify your investment but focus more on those that you are almost sure of your ROI. DYOR first and always ofcourse.

lalabotax

Activity: 1540
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 09:44:32 PM

Firstly, diversification is one of the important things to do.
We must know how much to put in new altcoins or in a new NFT, and be ready to lose the funds that we can afford.
Personally, I will not put much money into such new altcoins or NFT projects because it is too risky.
I will better put more money into Bitcoin, Ethereum, and also other top coins. However, if it has been done loses, just move on and learn from previous mistakes.

24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 09:51:32 PM

We must know how much to put in new altcoins or in a new NFT, and be ready to lose the funds that we can afford.
Personally, I will not put much money into such new altcoins or NFT projects because it is too risky.
I will better put more money into Bitcoin, Ethereum, and also other top coins. However, if it has been done loses, just move on and learn from previous mistakes.

Putting your funds in a relatively new market is really a high risk action. As you have no clue if the NFT platform will survive or just riding the hype, as well as with new alts, you are risking your funds to very risky investment. Diversification is always the key when it comes to investment. So if you want at least an assurance that you will not go home empty-handed, better invest in top coins like btc or eth. With these coins, you very well know, you still have it when you wake up the next morning.
Mahanton

Activity: 2716
Merit: 631

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 09:56:01 PM

It is actually hard to manage, but I try to look for the brighter side in which I should have some lessons got from those losses. Right now, the coins/NFT that I am currently is invested are down, like the SLP or Smooth Love Potion of Axie Infinity, I'm just holding it, not trading it until now for months. I'm looking forward to sell them on a higher price this coming September.
It's better to always diversify your investment but focus more on those that you are almost sure of your ROI. DYOR first and always ofcourse.
Im also a SLP holder too which i havent really sold off my coins that i do able to farm off for months now or on the time where its price had dipped down that much or simply saying it isnt really worth
for you to sell on.I dont know on why people do keep saying about increase on upcoming September which i couldnt see any viable reasons for it to happen aside if the land game would really be launched
or the v2 of the game which i do believe that it would be possible on next year to come but who knows if it would be launched on the year end of this time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 10:54:40 PM

It would be stressful, but I invested money that I can afford to lose. So yeah, eventually I would move on, learn from those mistakes and try to avoid them in the future.
If you see that the value of the "tokens" or "NFT project" is going down, you can always cut your losses short. The best way to diversify your portfolio is by investing in most of the coins that are at the top and has been in the market for a while. You can use rest of your money to invest in coins that are risky, but might give you a good profit in short term.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 11:05:15 PM

It would be stressful, but I invested money that I can afford to lose. So yeah, eventually I would move on, learn from those mistakes and try to avoid them in the future.
If you see that the value of the "tokens" or "NFT project" is going down, you can always cut your losses short. The best way to diversify your portfolio is by investing in most of the coins that are at the top and has been in the market for a while. You can use rest of your money to invest in coins that are risky, but might give you a good profit in short term.
Then all you have to do is focus more in bitcoin because even if the price suddenly drop, for sure it will always bound to recover. Its a good thing to diversify your investments but make the most part on it in bitcoin. Losses are very possible everytime we make investments but as long as we are investing on the promising coins then we will not be worry that much.

I often do mistakes and eventually lose my money before but experience really taught me so well. Now i still create losses because its really inevitable but when it happens, i know already how to manage it in a more positive way.

bhooscream

Activity: 728
Merit: 117

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 11:11:17 PM

How do you lose a big amount of money? Is the price of your coin decreasing? Or, do you just sell your coin at a cheaper price? If you are still holding your coin, just wait till the price increases again. There is no need to be panic because the decline in price is something normal. But if you already sold the coin at a cheaper price, there is no chance to deal with your losses. Just focus on your other coins to take profits and don't make the same mistake.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
August 30, 2021, 11:52:16 PM

Putting your funds in a relatively new market is really a high risk action. As you have no clue if the NFT platform will survive or just riding the hype, as well as with new alts, you are risking your funds to very risky investment. Diversification is always the key when it comes to investment. So if you want at least an assurance that you will not go home empty-handed, better invest in top coins like btc or eth. With these coins, you very well know, you still have it when you wake up the next morning.
Investments have definitely its own risks so either we get lose or make profits at the end of the day. The choice is ours so we should always see to it that we are investing the most reliable coins in the market that will not leave us zero value once we get lose. After all, losing is part of investing but as long as we invest on the amount we can afford to lose then that's fine.

NFT projects have become very impressive today especially when it comes to gaming but we still don't know yet if its only just a hype and after that, it might not come out profitable. So always prioritize bitcoin and ethereum more than those newly projects because even if we see them dumping, their value will always recover again. So its not really a huge loss for us.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 04:31:39 AM

to manage losses, we must place a stop loss according to our risk calculation, or if not at least we calculate the amount of risk by doing a cutloss. so that the capital we have will grow in a healthy manner, either loss or profit can develop healthily. for the amount of risk for each person, of course, will be different, this depends on the analysis of each. and most importantly we must be disciplined towards analysis, whatever happens

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 04:37:25 AM

Just wait, 90% of projects will moon during the bear run if they have any sort of community.
luca prieto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:08:10 AM

to manage losses, we must place a stop loss according to our risk calculation, or if not at least we calculate the amount of risk by doing a cutloss. so that the capital we have will grow in a healthy manner, either loss or profit can develop healthily. for the amount of risk for each person, of course, will be different, this depends on the analysis of each. and most importantly we must be disciplined towards analysis, whatever happens
we hope we can do everything with disciplinary analysis.
but sometimes we can't control ourselves when coins is hitting down.it's too diffcult to stop us to sell it.
and we make more loss because of that.
luca prieto (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:14:35 AM

How do you lose a big amount of money? Is the price of your coin decreasing? Or, do you just sell your coin at a cheaper price? If you are still holding your coin, just wait till the price increases again. There is no need to be panic because the decline in price is something normal. But if you already sold the coin at a cheaper price, there is no chance to deal with your losses. Just focus on your other coins to take profits and don't make the same mistake.

no,i haven't loss money.i just want to know another people how to manage losses in case of i make a loss in the future.
some coins is bad,we can't just wait it to recover,so diversified investment will be good for us.
and before you wait your coins to grow,please ananlysis your coins again,then you can decide whether keep to hold it or not.
good luck for you and me.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:25:34 AM

managing a loss can be done in several ways .
theres that you sell to avoid loosing more or you can wait , divert your attention for a while in positive things and hopefully when you comeback your investments are also going back to their excellent conditions .

diversifying can help you lessen your losses as compare to when your only investing in one coin and it drops too much but diversying could not work if theres a bear season and almost all of the coins are affected .
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:27:27 AM

I always have a loss limit that can still allow me to hold the asset or have to go out with a loss.
a loss of more than 40% will make me change my strategy from quick investment to long-term investment.
or I can go out and wait for the bottoms from the bears and come back in with better assets.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:28:49 AM

It all comes down to set your expectations properly when you invest into something and especially if you invest into cryptos because the volatility is extremely high here. Like your example with NFT projects, just because NFTs seem to be the next big thing does not mean that every NFT related project will do well. I would even say quite the opposite will be true. There are so many NFT projects coming out now, that only a fraction of them will be really successful in the end.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:31:34 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2021, 05:55:17 AM by isaac_clarke22

~
Well obviously just move along with it actually. There two ifs that I would consider in these kinds of situation and I might sound like a bit bias from these, but you know it is the market and not me.
First, I would look if the coin even was performing great constantly and it just happens to be like a bear market, if it is in that case and I experienced losses, I would just keep hodling on it.
If it isn't, I am just gonna go and sell it all.
m.rifki

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 06:37:13 AM

If a loss has occurred, there is not much that can be done, a loss is a natural thing to happen to an investor, we can only realize and believe that we are able to recover from the losses we have experienced, because from the losses we experience, we can learn from mistakes. what we do and it can be a lesson to see the opportunities of the next victory.

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2856
Merit: 581

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 06:57:37 AM

It's going to be difficult to manage our loss, maybe if you have big capital to spend in this crypto. However, for average traders, I guess we may need some time off for trading if we suffer our losses. And then rethink of our strategy and retool ourselves.

Just few solid coins to add in your portfolio no need to diversity like 20 or 50, you will just make things complicated. 5 is good and 10 is stretch for me. And I also choose in the top 10-20 coins to invest.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████