Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:32:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LHR malware  (Read 83 times)
JayDDee (OP)

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
September 02, 2021, 05:42:59 PM

It looks like LHR malware is a growing trend, Todays attempt use a novel technique,
an otherwise legitimate github user was hacked by another malicious user to be used
as a mule to spread malware.

The thread has now been deleted, many of you may have seen it. The "mule" has been notified
and has deactivated his github wiki, and I have reported the malicious github user, but no action
taken yet.

For reference this is the malicious user. There is nothing in the repo, it's used to hack other users
with insufficient security settings. Until action is taken it could be used again, look for evidence
of this user on legitimate github repos.

The link is safe but I've obfuscated it anyway.

https colon //github dot com/cberry

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
September 02, 2021, 06:07:59 PM

This forum has all the links to miners and the necessary software.
If there are still newbies who believe that they will be given a new miner who has a profit of 30 percent more, then they are at great risk.
It is convenient to look at the profit, hashrate and power consumption of video cards on this resource:
https://whattomine.com/gpus
JayDDee (OP)

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
September 02, 2021, 06:26:52 PM

There will always be newbies. Some are just greedy and it could be argued they deserve it.
But some are just naive. I was once a newbie, but maybe not so naive. It took a while to learn
who the trusted developpers were.

Any newbie with any kind of magic pill (pun intended) is clearly a scammer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: