Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:50:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S19j Pro dimensions without PSU and fans  (Read 92 times)
oxo_oxo (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 06:35:10 AM

Can you tell me the dimensions of the S19j Pro without PSU and fan. We are planning an immersion cooling system with many cooling tanks. The fans are not needed for operation and the PSUs are stored outside the cooling tanks. To calculate how much S19j Pro we need the pure case dimensions without PSU and fans.
tds-

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 07:47:17 PM

S19J pro:
https://i.ibb.co/8X8mTTC/s19jpro.jpg
mystere_miner

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 04:54:24 AM

Sorry, but I really think you still need the fans to circulate coolant through the fins.  Merely having a pump in the tank will cause most of the coolant to follow the least path of resistance, ie flow around the miner.  Unless you have some other way to jet coolant through the fins, you need the fans. 

It would be a shame to build your system to size without fans, and then find out you need them.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 01:09:40 PM

Unless you have some other way to jet coolant through the fins, you need the fans.
Fans are useless when immersed in a fluid and will actually impede pumped flow... Considering the OP has not said *what* kind of fluid they are using (I hope to god it's not mineral oil) as long as the fluid is rather thin it's quite possible that positioning the miners vertically would give enough flow through them using convection alone with pumping only needed to circulate the fluid to the heat exchanger.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: