Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:12:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Audio - How can I improve my setup?  (Read 38 times)
peteruhv (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 09:27:24 AM

Hi,

I was not sure where else to ask and I know there are many technical people here so I thought id just go for it. I was looking for some help with my current setup and suggestions for anyone who knows audio well.

Currently, I use 2 sets of headphones AKG K72 wired which plugs into my motherboard sound card (Realtek) and Bluetooth 5 Sennheiser HD450BT which connects via my Bluetooth 5 Adapter which supports aptX.

So I am finding a distinct difference listening to FLAC vs compressed sources like Spotify which is perfect but I see a lot of people have more complex setups using Amps, Pre-Amps etc, A friend of a friend has a Vacuum Tube Amplifier and when I was at their house I connected up my Bluetooth HD450BT and the sound was so much better, even from compressed sources. Which made me think that maybe I need a new sound card? I am not sure though if the sound card is even used when connecting via Bluetooth to my PC?

So how could I best improve my setup? Amps, Preamps, DAC? New sound card?

Thanks for any help
QuickAccount

Activity: 189
Merit: 52

In a world of coins, use them.

View Profile
September 07, 2021, 06:35:49 PM

It would prob improve quite a bit with a newer sound card, and an audio mixer if you care about audio enough to spend that kind of money on it.

Not your keys, not your coins.
BuckRocket

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 08:34:54 AM

Hi,

I was not sure where else to ask and I know there are many technical people here so I thought id just go for it. I was looking for some help with my current setup and suggestions for anyone who knows audio well.

Currently, I use 2 sets of headphones AKG K72 wired which plugs into my motherboard sound card (Realtek) and Bluetooth 5 Sennheiser HD450BT which connects via my Bluetooth 5 Adapter which supports aptX.

So I am finding a distinct difference listening to FLAC vs compressed sources like Spotify which is perfect but I see a lot of people have more complex setups using Amps, Pre-Amps etc, A friend of a friend has a Vacuum Tube Amplifier and when I was at their house I connected up my Bluetooth HD450BT and the sound was so much better, even from compressed sources. Which made me think that maybe I need a new sound card? I am not sure though if the sound card is even used when connecting via Bluetooth to my PC?

So how could I best improve my setup? Amps, Preamps, DAC? New sound card?

Thanks for any help

Audio mixer is thing that suits you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: