Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Msi Rx 570 armor 8gb recognized as amd 760G  (Read 89 times)
manosqq (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 04:50:52 PM

Hello to all,
recently i turned on my pc and i realize that my rx 570 didnt recognized by the system.I run GpuZ and i saw that the card was recognized as Amd 760g.
I tried to update the bios with the same original bios(i had a back up) but nothing changed.
I think its hardware failure.
Any ideas?
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 05:09:06 PM

Hello to all,
recently i turned on my pc and i realize that my rx 570 didnt recognized by the system.I run GpuZ and i saw that the card was recognized as Amd 760g.
I tried to update the bios with the same original bios(i had a back up) but nothing changed.
I think its hardware failure.
Any ideas?
What is your operating system and PC components?
Where did you get this graphics card? Is it original?
Amd 760g is the chipset used by AM3 socket motherboards.
I think that you have a similar motherboard, any manufacturer can be.
Asus M5A78L-M PLUS / USB3 Motherboard Socket AM3 + (µATX, AMD 760G, 4x DDR3 Memory, 6x SATA 3Gb / s, 4x USB 3.1 Gen1, 8x USB 2.0)
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/Business/M5A78L-M-PLUS-USB3/
I think that the main video card is not determined for you, but you see the GPU chipset.
manosqq (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 05:48:07 PM

You are correct.Device manager and GpuZ finds only my onboard gpu.
But my rx 570 is plugged in and im "taking" picture from its hdma port.
I think there is an issue with my gpu but is it possible for a "dead" gpu to "give" image?
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 06:07:29 PM

Problems like this need a lot more info that should have been provided from the start.
Even when specifically asked which OS you failed to provide it.

Don't make it sound like a game where we have to solve the puzzle with limited info.
Your first post was just a teaser, spill it all.

How long was your PC turned off?
What state was it in at the time?
Full system specs, OS, drivers, etc.
Other than restoring BIOS what other troubleshooting have you done?

Don't be vague or indirect, if you have a working monitor connected to a GPU that isn't recognized by
the device manager, say sexactly that?

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
September 10, 2021, 04:24:42 AM

I think there is an issue with my gpu but is it possible for a "dead" gpu to "give" image?

I think that your AMD drivers got corrupted and all you need to do is just reinstall them from scratch. Seems that when the external GPU is no longer present your bios goes back to your onboard GPU. You say you got an image, what resolution is this image? I am thinking you are running Windows using a non-AMD driver.

Just reinstall and see what happens. If you reinstall and you get an instant crash then most likely your GPU is bad. Because GPUs sometimes can work with the non-AMD drivers in windows and get a display, however once you actually install the proper drivers, it usually instantely crashes indicating that the GPU is bad.

Did you do anything recently to the GPU? Switched risers? Thermal paste job? Did it overheat? Etc?

CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 10, 2021, 06:25:40 AM

It makes more sense if your motherboard is an AMD Motherboard, driver conflicts might be the reason behind all this, I've used an AMD Motherboard in the past for mining and gaming and I remember perfectly that sometimes miners use the onboard AMD GPU instead, I had to swap my driver and deactivate the AMD Onboard iGPU in BIOs to get clean operation

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 10, 2021, 02:30:56 PM

Find a separate motherboard to test the GPU, some times AMD motherboards with inbuilt Radeon GPU can interfere with your driver and mess things up, if you have another GPU (Nvidia) laying around try testing it out too, update the mobo bios if you can
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 10, 2021, 06:16:40 PM

Does your graphics card have a warranty?
If not, disassemble the video card, replace the thermal paste, clean it from dust and look for damaged elements.
If you've never done this, check out the guide on YouTube.
Be sure to clean the PCI pins of the video card and the PCIe slot on the motherboard.
Install Windows 10, configure the drivers and start testing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: