Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:25:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T17/S17 Firmware  (Read 239 times)
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 02:41:56 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2021, 03:47:37 AM by kritment

Hey Team,
Does anyone know if there good non-virus Dev Free T17/S17 firmware out there?
Happy to pay one offs as well. Just dont want the regular dev fee thing.
Side note on the l3s i should have just stuck with the blizz firmware, i changed to hiveos worst mistake ever, no extra benefits. Now I cannot roll back
Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2021, 11:58:17 PM

Why not use the firmware provided by Bitmain it doesn't have any dev fee compared to looking for non-dev fee firmware here on the forum.

Most of the devs here with mod firmware have a dev fee it's rare that someone could give a non-dev fee firmware.

Or if you want to pay for non-dev fee then try to contact this man thierry4wd

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kritment (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 01:58:33 AM

Thanks for the reply much appreciated.
Mainly looking for a non-dev fee one so I can make them efficient.
Do you have a preference on which firmware with dev fee one is good and reliable?
Thanks
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 02:29:27 PM

The problem is finding one that doesn't violate the cgminer license (my license)
Most of them don't care about doing that so who knows what else they put in the miner ...
They all talk to other servers, mine on other pools, and do who knows what else ... in their hidden code.
Why do they need to hide the code? So you don't know what else they are doing.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 12:11:43 AM

Why do they need to hide the code? So you don't know what else they are doing.

Why does anyone else hide their code then? why can't everyone just publish their code and the whole world becomes a nice little happy place? just because they hide the code does not necessarily mean they are doing something bad, they could be doing that so other folks can't use/sell it for free.

OP, none of the "trustworthy" custom firmware have the option you are looking for, it's safer and better for them to just charge you the fees by using your miner to mine to their pool, I don't see why would anyone offer a one time payment which is a lot harder to maintain.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2021, 03:47:06 PM

Except when they are in violation of the license. Kano does have a point in that they are infringing somebody else's copyright, what i don't understand is why then he won't sue them instead of wasting time nagging in a forum.

Some of these modders feel above the law and simply don't care to abide by a contract or agreement, but the truth is they are infringing. I wonder why Kano won't take it to Theymos as well?

About a single payment:

The short answer to this is that the first sell is the last sell. Exactly how you sell Free Open Source Software, but without the express freedoms (ie. it will get copied into oblivion regardless of legality).

You can make Free and Open Source Software and sell it in this fashion, of course the price should be equivalent to the whole project, like a commission. Someone could develop a cgminer/bmminer full replacement from scratch and then they would not be infringing anymore.

We only know of a single project that did this, because its "too much work" to actually do things properly rather than taking somebody else's work, do some tweaks and collect a fortune in fees. And they don't want to obey the license and share their little tweaks because the others would copy them and charge less or nothing (again, 1 time sell).

That doesn't mean they are in the right for infringing the license of cgminer.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2021, 04:25:45 AM

Some of these modders feel above the law and simply don't care to abide by a contract or agreement, but the truth is they are infringing. I wonder why Kano won't take it to Theymos as well?
I did take it to theymos, but he ignored it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 12:26:34 AM

what i don't understand is why then he won't sue them instead of wasting time nagging in a forum.

Who is he going to sue exactly? there are a dozen of folks who do that, most with no known real identity, the resources needed to secure such an open-source code are far more than what Kano or anyone else can afford.

In fact, even the devs who have more skin in the game like Jeff Garzik who wrote the cpuminer code or CK who then forked cpuminer to Cgminer, and despite that fact that he is the major dev in this and if I am not mistaken Cgminer functioned for a while before Kano touched the project, the latter seems to be the ONLY person who cares about this.

Even the other devs likes luke-jr don't seem to care, almost all of the major devs who contributed to the project one way or the other are now successful millionaires who probably don't even know about the existence of these custom firmware in the first place.

While Kano isn't doing anything wrong by "chasing" those who violate the license of the a code he heavily participated in, it's just sad that he does not have anything better to offer for the community other than nagging about people breaking the license which is no matter how you look it at is just a waste of time judging by the fact that the custom firmware market is only growing, but well, it is what it is.

I did take it to theymos, but he ignored it.

Because the forum is not a court of law, it does not even moderate scam, you can literally create a topic saying you are a scammer and you are planning to scam someone and the mods will most likely not delete it (unless it breaks one of the rules which scam isn't one of them) let alone topics that violate a certain license, the forum will not project the license on your behalf, also,  nagging about it here will change NOTHING, if you want to stop all these folks from making money off your code, stop nagging and start coding, add the auto-tune part and let the users use your free version, at that point, nobody will be using those custom firmware that take 2-4% fees.

If you take the above seriously and do decide to start coding the cgminer again, I am sure the miners' community will fund the development, I will be the first person to donate and will help you spread the word to get enough donations to keep you going.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 12:31:49 AM

While Kano isn't doing anything wrong by "chasing" those who violate the license of the a code he heavily participated in, it's just sad that he does not have anything better to offer for the community other than nagging about people breaking the license which is no matter how you look it at is just a waste of time judging by the fact that the custom firmware market is only growing, but well, it is what it is.
What, you don't like that I release new open source miner code for chips that no one else has ever released? Smiley

taserz

Activity: 801
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 10:30:07 PM

Except when they are in violation of the license. Kano does have a point in that they are infringing somebody else's copyright, what i don't understand is why then he won't sue them instead of wasting time nagging in a forum.

About a single payment:

The short answer to this is that the first sell is the last sell. Exactly how you sell Free Open Source Software, but without the express freedoms (ie. it will get copied into oblivion regardless of legality).

You can make Free and Open Source Software and sell it in this fashion, of course the price should be equivalent to the whole project, like a commission. Someone could develop a cgminer/bmminer full replacement from scratch and then they would not be infringing anymore.

We only know of a single project that did this, because its "too much work" to actually do things properly rather than taking somebody else's work, do some tweaks and collect a fortune in fees. And they don't want to obey the license and share their little tweaks because the others would copy them and charge less or nothing (again, 1 time sell).

That doesn't mean they are in the right for infringing the license of cgminer.

The miners come out of the box violating a license. They actually violate a few license but it's a chinese miner so what do you expect. Actually if you read the terms of service installing a different os on the control board is in breach as well. So really everyone is in the wrong. Also as you said as it is a few firmware groups the one you represent actually thrive off of copying other peoples tweaks like auto-tune so in the end it's a moot point.

INB4KANO is a racist also fella doesn't understand how code injection works.

also @kano can you fix the memory leak in cgminer plz thx u

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
kano
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 11:59:57 PM

also @kano can you fix the memory leak in cgminer plz thx u
You mean you added a memory leak to code you wont provide and you want me to fix it?
Well that's obviously not possible.
No memory leaks are reported on the current code.

INB4KANO is a racist also fella doesn't understand how code injection works.
Not sure which race you are claiming I'm racist towards, but you wont find any proof of that false accusation, since it is false.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 01:03:07 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2021, 05:36:19 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

INB4KANO is a racist also fella doesn't understand how code injection works
And you are referring to a character or player from Mortal Combat, why???

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2021, 01:24:59 PM

we could discuss the subject for 100 years, that the outcome will always be the same

At this point we should respect Kano as such, for the tremendous work he has done so far, and ignore the rest Smiley

As Taserz says, everyone violates the license, and especially the manufacturer !!!

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2021, 07:14:46 PM

Yes, so following that thought, this forum should have a section for hackz, crackz, keyz, serialz, because you know, injecting code to change things and charge fees is totally ok. Say, that pesky Awesomeminer with its limitations to the free version, nobody would mind so, why not? Besides everyone should inject code to the injected code to change additional things too no? Cheesy

Or are you saying some people here are more equal than others?

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Pages: [1]
  Print