Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:04:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get married in the blockchain?  (Read 201 times)
Narwhalk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 04:04:00 AM

I saw this project when I was casually looking at Twitter today.

The name of the project is vow.

This is his contract address:0x2d76705e0ab39dcbb4e178bffaf866847c199b90

The approximate process is that you use your address to add your wife's address to his contract, and then use your wife's address to add your address to the contract.(gas fee=$150*2)

So u got married in the blockchain.

Finally, an nft with the address of you and your wife is generated.

The amazing thing is that someone sells this nft in oopensea. https://opensea.io/collection/vows

Do you sell your marriage? Roll Eyes

Do you think this kind of nft is an innovation or a fraudulent project?
Dave1

Activity: 1344
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 04:40:45 AM

Well it depends on how you look at it, but if people are trying to make money on your marriage, then I doubt that this marriage will last long.

Maybe they can divorce in the blockchain too and then sell it again? That will be hilarious. In any case, I think everyone is really thinking a innovated way to make money in the latest hype of NFT. So there's nothing special here, in my opinion.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1322

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 06:20:13 AM

A very sensitive use case actually. If being married on chain or with blockchain is like a fun stuff is no problem then its actually a cool idea but if this will be used like real life marriage method then its not gonna hit cause no one will ever want to get married legally by this kind of approach. So I think this is just for fun, we cant say its fraudulent but the developer is kinda deep when he approach this use case.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Harriett

Activity: 29
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 06:32:24 AM

I am very worried that my husband will sell the nft between my door to my ex-boyfriend, it is not impossible.
Narwhalk (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 08:53:42 AM

A very sensitive use case actually. If being married on chain or with blockchain is like a fun stuff is no problem then its actually a cool idea but if this will be used like real life marriage method then its not gonna hit cause no one will ever want to get married legally by this kind of approach. So I think this is just for fun, we cant say its fraudulent but the developer is kinda deep when he approach this use case.
This does not seem to be very strict. You can even marry your two wallets and waste the $300 gas fee.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1322

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 08:56:30 AM

This does not seem to be very strict. You can even marry your two wallets and waste the $300 gas fee.
Im talking about real life marriage dude. If there is a way like this would you do it? Somehow the church will surely negate this kind of approach since that is a sacred matter and incorporating blockchain stuff isnt really quite appropriate for this.

Maybe this is designed just for fun. Who knows right?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Narwhalk (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 09:10:06 AM

Im talking about real life marriage dude. If there is a way like this would you do it? Somehow the church will surely negate this kind of approach since that is a sacred matter and incorporating blockchain stuff isnt really quite appropriate for this.

Maybe this is designed just for fun. Who knows right?
Yes, marriage is sacred. There is anonymity in the blockchain, so I can only say that wallet A and wallet B are married.

For me, it is impossible for me to price my marriage clearly. Marriage or love is the most precious to me.
sisikin

Activity: 38
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:00:11 AM

Getting married in the blockchain is a pretty good idea. Can't divorce after getting married? I have not seen a couple who get married in the blockchain. If I get married on the blockchain, I won't sell it. I hope my husband will not sell it either.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:08:52 AM

I don't really think that this is a fraudulent project and i kinda like the idea because i think it's pretty funny. If both partners are really into crypto then it makes sense for them to also create an own NFT which shows that they are not only married in the real world but also within the blockchain. In the end this stuff is just for fun because the project can not control if the 2 adresses are really belonging to a married couple or if both adresses belong to the same dude.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 10:13:20 AM

This is not the first time people are getting married and use blockchain. This year in April two Coinbase employees got married and created a token. This is really something new. But I cant imagine what they gonna do if they want to split. Sometimes divorced people try to hide that the information with new marriage, but with blockchain, everything is on public.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2150

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2021, 10:19:19 AM

It's a marriage statement between 0x addresses. How do you know if it's a real marriage or just one person in a basement and use multiple addresses to generate fake vows? It's like fapping Grin

My advice is to stay away from such vows NFT, you can buy more valuable NFT which is in-game NFT (we can use it in a game). This vow NFT is a garbage, except there's KYC + handwritten signature.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:15:57 PM

What is this thing? in order to get the airdrops or the freebies, do you need to get married first to activate the NFT?

Damn, what in the world are they talking about? and as you said the NFTs are being sold in the Opensea?

I know how can crypto industry can be strange sometimes but not up to this kind of stupidity. I think this miscalculated the fact that people can create fake marriages just to exploit their airdrops.
Narwhalk (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:21:54 PM

What is this thing? in order to get the airdrops or the freebies, do you need to get married first to activate the NFT?

Damn, what in the world are they talking about? and as you said the NFTs are being sold in the Opensea?

I know how can crypto industry can be strange sometimes but not up to this kind of stupidity. I think this miscalculated the fact that people can create fake marriages just to exploit their airdrops.
I also suspect that participating in the project may get an airdrop.

Many projects are like this now, you may get airdrops unintentionally.Just like loot the other day.

But you don’t have to really marry lol.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:31:48 PM

Blockchain are getting weirder now, why people would marry using blockchain address? Probably this is a new way to earn easy money for them and to fool people. If you really want to get married, go on a legal way that's more fun and it can last longer.

We might not talking the real marriage here, maybe we just need to know if this is part of the project and their purpose, might also be a part of Airdrop or giveaways, but not the actual marriage I guess.
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 12:55:08 PM

I saw this project when I was casually looking at Twitter today.

The name of the project is vow.

This is his contract address:0x2d76705e0ab39dcbb4e178bffaf866847c199b90

The approximate process is that you use your address to add your wife's address to his contract, and then use your wife's address to add your address to the contract.(gas fee=$150*2)

The amazing thing is that someone sells this nft in oopensea. https://opensea.io/collection/vows

This is a new innovation in blockchain, i think we should all innovate it. But what I am afraid is that the gas money for this is 150$ more which is not a small amount. This issue we all need to reconsider for paying this rather expensive expense.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
lixer

Activity: 2548
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:51:19 PM

That’s quite funny, but I know that people can do anything just to make money, even the last thing that you would have expected. I have seen a news about couple that wedded on blockchain, so I’m not really surprised seeing a news like this as well. Since NFTs came out, there has been a lot of things being sold on these platforms and a lot of people have taken advantage of it to do as it pleases them. If you can play with their marriage like this, then I guess they might as well break up and sell it on blockchain, Just like Dave said.

hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 02:03:20 PM

Very sensitive and very unethical, Why would you want to sell your marriage when you can file a divorce and get a sum money off of him(if your heartless that is). Anyway, that subject about marriage is sacred and
should to be trifled with even in crypto where anything is possible

Al Qiyamah

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 02:39:03 PM

Maybe this couple loves blockchain too much so it's not uncommon for their love to be united in blockchain. and I'm not going to do that.

You could say this is an innovation project, but if you have to do crazy things like weddings that can be sold, this is still strange to me.

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 04:12:09 PM

Do the marriages take place on Blockchain alone? Or it is just to have some sort of Proof of Marriage registered permanently on the Blockchain? Assuming this's purely Blockchain marriage, what exactly is in the contract that makes it binding? What stops the couple from ignoring the contract/addresses and go their separate ways? How about witnesses
 Marriage is more than mere financial reward and joining addresses together on smart contract . It's a union that is (or should be) hard to break. Intending couples really need to be sure about this
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 04:36:51 PM

That’s quite funny, but I know that people can do anything just to make money, even the last thing that you would have expected. I have seen a news about couple that wedded on blockchain, so I’m not really surprised seeing a news like this as well. Since NFTs came out, there has been a lot of things being sold on these platforms and a lot of people have taken advantage of it to do as it pleases them. If you can play with their marriage like this, then I guess they might as well break up and sell it on blockchain, Just like Dave said.
Yeah, at the same time I just wonder how the innovations will enable people to take over something crazy in coming years. At the beginning, NFT itself sounds like something impractical to have in real lie but when more people are ready to adopt, then I made my mind up and now for these kind of blockchain based innovation also, I guess we need to get practiced to.

For all these kinds of things, signing a message using a crypto addy must be the beginning and over the cross thinking from devs and crypto enthusiastic, now we are getting these kind of crazy things in real life itself.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: