Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 07:39:47 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin's price on PancakeSwap  (Read 48 times)
PercT4b (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2021, 09:20:45 PM

Might be a stupid question, but how the price of a coin is determined, on PancakeSwap?

Is it taken from Coinmarketcap?...or it's the opposite?

I was asking this because Coinmarketcap sometimes make some mistakes when it comes into calculating the correct price of a coin, so I was wondering if checking it on a decentralized exchange could be a good idea, in order to prevent some bad surprises (like planning to buy at a certain price and then discovering that it is much higher, messing up the strategy)
magnum1010

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 03:33:14 PM

Might be a stupid question, but how the price of a coin is determined, on PancakeSwap?

I was asking this because Coinmarketcap sometimes make some mistakes when it comes into calculating the correct price of a coin, so I was wondering if checking it on a decentralized exchange could be a good idea, in order to prevent some bad surprises (like planning to buy at a certain price and then discovering that it is much higher, messing up the strategy)

As I know, pancakeswap and other dexes have special functions to connect with oracles. On dexes we trade due to liquidity pools where other people lock their assets and get interests then. Actually, prices on different exchanges can differ, but not significantly and it is fixed fastly by arbitrageurs. And if the price is very different or is likely to change rapidly you just have big slippage.

the ghabbar

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 04:09:40 PM

Both have almost the same thing in determining coin prices, it's just that the system changes at certain times, so there is an error in determining coin prices, checking this decentralized exchange is quite important, so that unwanted things don't happen at certain times, that's why we need some references for each issue that arises, so that when an unexpected event occurs, we have the option to resolve it.
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 04:43:21 PM

the price on pancakeswap is determined by the volume of the coin's market liquidity.
for coinmarketcap why have different prices? the answer is coinmarketcap determines prices based on the average so there is a difference greater or less than the price of coins on the exchange. and it can be updated periodically. so coinmarketcap can't 100% fully imitate the price on the exchange
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: