Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:42:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Patented Copyright Blockchains/Cryptos idea, Possible?  (Read 73 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 12:50:09 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2021, 02:08:11 PM by very_452001

Hi,

Lets start off with a example:

If I find a cure for cancer I can patent it and make $billions off it. However if I find a natural cure for cancer lets say eating grass cures cancer. I'm not saying grass cures cancer but using it as a example for better understanding. Then I cant patent it because its out there natural open source decentralized where nobody owns it and hence nobody can sell it or monetize off it.

Linux operating systems are open source and I don't see their creators driving lambos. Its more of a charity community driven open source projects for the community that seek alternatives to microsoft windows and mac os and androids os that harvest people's data which is a bad thing. I will get replies saying android is open source but in reality the manufacturer of the phone puts their own layer on top of android source that doesn't make it open source private anymore.

On that notes above, in the crypto marketplace now, we see dozens of blockchains and 1000s of altcoins. They are all copying each other source codes because its open source decentralized where there's gonna be 1000 so called new projects every year that are not really new but copies with a new logo that scam $billions off retail investors. Or they copy the source code or blockchain and change 1 line of code or algorithm and say its new  Roll Eyes Litecoin for example.

With the upcoming regulatory rules on Crypto by the SEC, copying codes and scamming retail investors is a bad thing for the crypto market.

So is it possible to create a open source Decentralized blockchain or altcoin that is patented so no one can copy it? Or a Dao that monitor patented blockchains and take automated action against cryptos violating/copying it.

Or is it impossible to patent blockchains/cryptos unless its centralized Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UKprod

Activity: 237
Merit: 67

Let's create the Indie Metaverse!

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2021, 12:57:01 PM

Patent laws should allow for obtaining patents for a decentralized blockchain if it is innovative and first of its kind. However, when you are talking about an altcoin that is built on some other blockchain, a patent may not be able to cover it. In this context, i guess copyright would be the right solution.

Still this is a legal grey area and needs to be consulted with a patent lawyer.

█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀              EvoPix Studios     |     Creating a Reindeer Metaverse             ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄█
Created for the explorers
►►          Full Indie Development EvoPix Studios          ◄◄
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 18, 2021, 02:13:33 PM

UniSwap v3 did something really similar. It's technically open-source(you can still freely view the sourcecode on GitHub), but you can't just copy it to your own project willy-nilly without their permission if I understand correctly. Sounds stupid knowing the crypto ethos, but yea.

Check the License part: https://uniswap.org/blog/uniswap-v3/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 20, 2021, 01:57:14 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2021, 06:08:10 AM by mprep

Patent laws should allow for obtaining patents for a decentralized blockchain if it is innovative and first of its kind. However, when you are talking about an altcoin that is built on some other blockchain, a patent may not be able to cover it. In this context, i guess copyright would be the right solution.

Still this is a legal grey area and needs to be consulted with a patent lawyer.

Because crypto is global I'm wondering what if a scam team in another country copies the patented blockchain in another country. How will that patented blockchain legally go after and sue the copy cats/scammers offshore Huh

UniSwap v3 did something really similar. It's technically open-source(you can still freely view the sourcecode on GitHub), but you can't just copy it to your own project willy-nilly without their permission if I understand correctly. Sounds stupid knowing the crypto ethos, but yea.

Check the License part: https://uniswap.org/blog/uniswap-v3/

Okay so if I copy their source code and lets say im based in another country then can uniswap legally go after me and sue me because they have a license?

Which other alts have registered legal licenses?

Everyone knows copying is very bad for the crypto market because 90% of 1000s of alts are copies/scams. This is a huge problem for the crypto market that needs to be addressed asap.

NFT's are unique but still can be copied but not unique.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: