Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S17E losing chain, 3 unstable chips at end.  (Read 51 times)
cryptobitfoot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2021, 02:52:26 AM

Out of nowhere, don't overclock or anything I lost a chain and in the kernal log it appears it's due to 3 chips appearing as unstable. Just three fuckers at the end. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this issue? My other two chains fine, I'm just only able to hash at 40TH/S vs 60 TH/S and it saddens me.

I have tried a complete reset, reinstalling firmware (I have just used stock), the miner boots up and I hash at full rate 60TH/s and then the whole chain dips to 0 within the first minute of it being completely booted up.

Is it possible to maybe use some type of firmware for the S17E to autotune and disable the 3 chips that aren't working so the whole chain doesn't go down?

2021-09-20 02:00:09:thread.c:1166:asic_status_monitor_thread: ERROR: chain 1 get hashrate_reg_counter 132, require 135, failed times 1: ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooxxx

2021-09-20 02:00:10:thread.c:1190:asic_status_monitor_thread: chain 1 can't get enough hashrate reg val for 0 times.

Thanks in advance for any help.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 20, 2021, 10:21:21 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2021, 11:11:28 PM by mikeywith

Code:
2021-09-20 02:00:09:thread.c:1166:asic_status_monitor_thread: 
ERROR: chain 1 get hashrate_reg_counter 132, require 135, failed times 1:
 ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo
 ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo
 ooooooxxx

This kernel log looks pretty strange, what firmware version is this?

Is it possible to maybe use some type of firmware for the S17E to autotune and disable the 3 chips that aren't working so the whole chain doesn't go down?

It's extremely unlikely to get a hold of any trusted firmware that supports S17E, I believe thierry4wd has a modded version for this, I am sure you can't get the chain to work without all chips, but you might bring them to life by changing the voltage or/and frequency, so if the modded version allows that, then you have a good chance.

But overall, you need to be prepared for the worst, the 17 series gears are the worst mining gears anyone has ever produced, the "E" version of the 17 series is the worst among the series, so you are likely to have 50% failure rate in a few months, sorry to bring you even more bad news, but it's what it is, you should start looking for a repair service nearby as all the other chains will likely start failing in the not so distant future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████