Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:49:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When you sell is no longer "yours"  (Read 550 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 03:47:12 PM

When you sell, is no longer yours. When you sell your bitcoin for more than you paid, you may be happy about it, but unless you have an investment to make or would like to buy something else, all you have left is... fiat. And fiat finds its way out of pockets very quickly.
Thats true, the reason why we have to think deeply before selling our precious bitcoin. If its not really necessary like there's no emergency, its better to just hold. Its easy to spend rather than to save hence be wise enough to think of the possible scenario before making a decision. Remember that regrets are always in the end and we cant turn back time to change what should not happened.
Many people regret selling their bitcoin because they are realizing it was an opportunity that appears only once in a lifetime, even if there are many opportunities that are good and that appear from time to time, like when you could invest in Google or Amazon for cheap, how many people actually invest in the stock market and have the money to do so? In the case of bitcoin anyone could buy it and at the beginning even an investment of 20 dollars was enough to change your life and now that they have sold their coins those people understand that if they come back to the market they will never have the same number of coins.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 04:46:18 PM

When you sell, is no longer yours. When you sell your bitcoin for more than you paid, you may be happy about it, but unless you have an investment to make or would like to buy something else, all you have left is... fiat. And fiat finds its way out of pockets very quickly.
Thats true, the reason why we have to think deeply before selling our precious bitcoin. If its not really necessary like there's no emergency, its better to just hold. Its easy to spend rather than to save hence be wise enough to think of the possible scenario before making a decision. Remember that regrets are always in the end and we cant turn back time to change what should not happened.
Many people regret selling their bitcoin because they are realizing it was an opportunity that appears only once in a lifetime, even if there are many opportunities that are good and that appear from time to time, like when you could invest in Google or Amazon for cheap, how many people actually invest in the stock market and have the money to do so? In the case of bitcoin anyone could buy it and at the beginning even an investment of 20 dollars was enough to change your life and now that they have sold their coins those people understand that if they come back to the market they will never have the same number of coins.

Who would have thought that this crypto will go in this direction? There are many people who regrets for selling too early
while there are also people who enjoy the luxury and they are contented from what bitcoin provides to them, you can
no longer bring back those times, but you always have the time to work with your investment.

Moe forward and allow yourself to see the value and the benefits of this investment currency.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 06:49:11 PM

I have experienced the same for the case of real-estate. Within last ten years, I have sold and bought some property and I am happier and regretting about my actions. If I have not sold, then I might be richer at least 3x with that property and what I have bought got me some 5x returns at the same time.

By 2015, I have spent 0.4BTC for a digital services' one year subscription and if I own that bitcoin I guess I might able to buy a house right now for my parents. So, I agree what we sell is something we are leaving off that for today's price and we cannot be sure about what is going to happen in neat future but most of the time, it will remain in a manner to make us regret about our action of selling. This is very much true for the case of bitcoin as well.
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 06:59:13 PM

if we look at the price of bitcoin as it is today, it feels like we always want to hold it, so we will have a lot of savings that always increase when converted into fiat currency, but on the other hand sometimes we are not strong enough to hold it, so I think focus on the initial goal and be grateful the fortune that already exists, because the decision comes from yourself

Hodling word might be easy but if you are the ones who is actually hodling then it isnt something that simple yet there are lots
of factors that would affect your goal.

1. Fud
2. Impulsive emotion
3. Influenced by other peoples decision

When it comes on selling something then considered that the full rights would totally be gone.It is just dumb that you would
really be still considering that it is still yours after you had sold it? Whats the sense?
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 07:58:42 PM

This may seem very obvious, but some people do not seem to clearly understand what selling means. For example, I know a few people for a mid-size village that, during a housing boom, sold quite a bit of land to developers and made a development plan that was pretty much crazy (high rise on small streets, minimal walkways, no space for public services, ...). They were very happy about getting the money. Now, all I hear is complaints about how many disgusting people that are not born there came to live to "their village".

That was very true, that's why it is very important that you will think deeply before selling our precious bitcoins. It is very important also that we are ready for everything and have a plan when something happens. But, as of today, it feels like we need to hold first our bitcoin, since price is not that high for us to sell. If ever also, there's no emergency or anything, it's better for you to hold it. It is easy to spend rather then to save it, so be wise enough to think a possible scenarios before making a decision, you must think first what would be the possible effect on this. We must always remember that regret is always at the end of all things we did.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2240
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 05:53:19 PM

This may seem very obvious, but some people do not seem to clearly understand what selling means. For example, I know a few people for a mid-size village that, during a housing boom, sold quite a bit of land to developers and made a development plan that was pretty much crazy (high rise on small streets, minimal walkways, no space for public services, ...). They were very happy about getting the money. Now, all I hear is complaints about how many disgusting people that are not born there came to live to "their village".

In Law, a contract of sale means a transfer of ownership from the vendor to the buyer. It contemplates that the vendor has valid title to such when he transferred his property to the buyer for a reasonable consideration thereof. Basically whenever you sell something, it is commutative where you sell something and you receive something in return.

By applying such in BTC, once you sell your cryptos, you receive a consideration thereof depending on its current market value. But the price may vary due to its inflation and volatility- that is why some considered crypto as a form of investment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 06:10:26 PM

That was very true, that's why it is very important that you will think deeply before selling our precious bitcoins. It is very important also that we are ready for everything and have a plan when something happens. But, as of today, it feels like we need to hold first our bitcoin, since price is not that high for us to sell. If ever also, there's no emergency or anything, it's better for you to hold it. It is easy to spend rather then to save it, so be wise enough to think a possible scenarios before making a decision, you must think first what would be the possible effect on this. We must always remember that regret is always at the end of all things we did.
But many people sell their Bitcoins or other investments when they are either on top of some better investment or are in dire need of cash. So in the former situation they can get profit over their investment but if they don't do anything good with their cash then they can easily go bankrupt and would face the same situation again in the future.
Also some people like me who brought Bitcoins in 2015 and thought that even a 30% profit is also good and sold most of their coins are now regretting their decision, but I can say for a fact that at the time of selling they were pretty happy on the profit that they made (also just like myself).

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 01:09:26 AM

The point is not to make a decision that we end up feeling regret unless there is an important need that cannot be denied or postponed. Because after selling of course it is like a decision that will not come back and must be covered again with other efforts to encourage the results that will be obtained later.
Here we know that thinking twice before deciding something is very necessary.
In this case, it often happens to Bitcoin investments which are increasingly popular, we are here like playing with something that gives hope, which should not result in more regret.
Hippocrypto

Activity: 1484
Merit: 277

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 10:28:03 PM

It is obvious already that when you sell your bitcoin, it will no longer yours. You've decided to sell it, so, you don't need to regret something after doing that thing. We should be ready for anything after we sold our bitcoins. Selling isn't a bad things, in fact, we can gain profit through this. In fact, that's the point of selling, you're giving it away to someone through a trade of goods and services or something else, that's how selling works. That's the reality, sometimes after selling bitcoins, you will regret it when you see prices of bitcoins are increasing but it isn't bad yet since you sell it for your own good and with a good reason.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 07:06:12 AM

You are right, after we sold something we have no legal rights anymore to decide what is going to happen with it in the future. Especially for older people it becomes very hard to part with things they were in possesion of for a very long time. I have a similar experience in my home town with the childhood house of my dad. He only lived in there until he was 14 and it was sold like 20 years ago, and still every time we pass the house he is looking at everything, making comments how dirty it looks and how they don't take care of the garden.
When it comes to selling bitcoins or other crypto currencies I always keep comparing the current price to my sell price. I know it's wrong and it does nothing than making me feel bad. Unfortunately the brain can't just turn it self off and stop thinking about something. This is why I have a bitcoin price of 10,000 USD in my head when I sold a lot of CSGO skins into bitcoins, instead of holding the BTC I converted everything to fiat. Letting go of some past trades is difficult.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 03:48:44 PM

Who would have thought that this crypto will go in this direction? There are many people who regrets for selling too early
while there are also people who enjoy the luxury and they are contented from what bitcoin provides to them, you can
no longer bring back those times, but you always have the time to work with your investment.

Moe forward and allow yourself to see the value and the benefits of this investment currency.
Not many people would have thought that bitcoin will become so popular so quickly however there were many visionaries that were right at the beginning and that thought that bitcoin could reach a huge value, after all it is very famous the prediction of Hal of 10 million dollars for each coin in the case bitcoin became as popular as we want and that was done just one week after bitcoin was released to the public, so there were people that thought that far ahead at the beginning of the life of bitcoin.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 04:32:40 PM

If we just take a chance. I could say that I am one of those people who is kicking themselves for not investing in bitcoin and stocks. When the price was low, I told myself that I should save and buy a bitcoin at that time, but money is still important to me, and every coin counts because we are poor and need money all the time. It's especially difficult if you don't have any spare cash. But if I truly take a chance, my return will make us wealthy. I wish I could go back in time and change things.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 08:53:12 PM

Before I sell my assets, I always have plans of what I’m going to be doing with the money that I am getting from it.
I have other businesses that I am doing, so any money that I’m getting from selling my cryptocurrencies are either going into that business or maybe an important expenses that I have to make: but I hardly sell my crypto currencies when is just an expenses that I want to make with the money, because I can easily just use my Fiat to settle whatever expenses that I’m having and not touching my cryptocurrencies.

Anyone who is selling their cryptocurrency should know for a fact that they are no longer in possession of it, once you sell it, it is gone for good.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: