Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:14:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphics designers deserve more  (Read 76 times)
Mejeet (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 12:09:56 PM

In our world today, I strongly believe graphics designers deserve more, because we are the brain behind brands, client needs to understand this job is not a easy one, The pay is too small also, Am a professional graphics designer, my experience has tought me not settle for less, Graphics designers all over the world needs to stop accepting poor payment just because they are looking for job.

Note: This post is what I feel not to cause misunderstanding on the forum, Thanks.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 01:27:21 PM

You are right in demanding more because graphic designers deserve good pay, but it depends on the company he is working for and on his portfolio, you cannot expect a newly graduated who is just building a portfolio to demand more.

And it also depends on your location, here in our country graphic designers are earning less than those working abroad because they get paid in our local currency compared to others in other countries who get paid ten times.
idrinkchocolatemilk

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 02:08:55 PM

The graphic design market has been very competitive for years, but the past 20 years have witnessed some of the most seismic changes in the graphic design landscape. The entry of new computer technology has changed the nature of how many graphic designers work. Graphic design as a discipline and profession has evolved in parallel with the development of computer graphic software. Many graphic designers now take work that does not require the full skillset of a graphic designer and use this to market their personal services or enter into freelance work. With the advent of the internet, freelance graphic designers can easily and quickly set up a business, to target the ever growing need for designers.

The key, however, is to ensure you have the right skills. Graphic designers require a special set of skills to get a job well done. If you're eager to find some career success in the graphic design sector, you're going to have to prove your talent and your worth over and over again.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 02:49:11 PM

In our world today, I strongly believe graphics designers deserve more, because we are the brain behind brands, client needs to understand this job is not a easy one, The pay is too small also, Am a professional graphics designer, my experience has tought me not settle for less, Graphics designers all over the world needs to stop accepting poor payment just because they are looking for job.

Note: This post is what I feel not to cause misunderstanding on the forum, Thanks.

Depends on what you mean by "poor payment". If by that you mean lower payments, I'll assure you that's how to be competitive. If the graphic designers form a union to impose your idea, the food sellers who will probably need their services could also gang up to increase the prices of food in to be able to afford your services and possibly other services that discourages such competitive behavior... Food will become expensive and you will be tempted to increase your price again to be able to feed properly and survive.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 03:11:08 PM

A graphic designer is a lucrative profession the commercial industry are created by graphic designers I agree that they should be pay like a professional and properly compensated, but not all graphic designer are created equal, there are designers with great skill and born talented and some just learn how to design because of the pay, so if you want a good pay build your portfolio first and work with big companies.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2021, 01:21:58 AM

Do not settle for clients that are paying less because if there are those types of clients, there are also those clients that are good to pay more and they want quality.

I am not a graphic designer but I know this issue. Start with yourselves guys that if you think the pay is not worth of your effort and time just don't take those projects and clients.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mistereverything

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 10:37:11 PM

well I think people should not settle for less might have less clients but atleast people will respect your rates!
Iron Fist

Activity: 234
Merit: 50

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 10:52:47 PM

You need to know your worth. Being creative is a calling. Sure, you can be a graphic designer who makes work on a computer that ends up on websites and corporate profiles, but being a graphic designer is more than that.

You are creative.

It is hard for some people to understand that being creative is a calling.
If you take pride in your work and give it your all, clients will come to you.
boyptc

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 08:56:59 PM

well I think people should not settle for less might have less clients but atleast people will respect your rates!
The sad thing is there will be other designers that will settle for less. So these clients just keep on low balling these people because there are others that are willing to take it.

And that's why the cycle continues.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Happn

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 01:07:44 AM

I agree the graphic designers deserve more! I have been working many years for a big company. I have been underpaid. I have decided to leave my job, because I knew something better awaits me!. I have been working for myself ever since as a multimedia designer and just today I have created my first NFT Collection called: "Crypto Fomos Pack". Is a collection of party-goers driven by fear of missing out. Check it out guys and let me know what do you think https://opensea.io/collection/crypto-fomos-pack
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 04:30:11 AM

The solution is simple ... Never accept offers that below your standards .

But the problem here is that since the competition is tight and there are so much worker than projects , then the value of each work is drowning to the lowest cost.

each of designer is offering lower and lower payment just to gain jobs.
idrinkchocolatemilk

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 03:34:06 PM

The solution is simple ... Never accept offers that below your standards .

But the problem here is that since the competition is tight and there are so much worker than projects , then the value of each work is drowning to the lowest cost.

each of designer is offering lower and lower payment just to gain jobs.

A designer spends a lot of time and energy to get something perfect but the time he get a job, he will probably compromise on the design because he is not really getting good money.
This is the tragic side of the design industry. But it is true.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 04:40:04 PM

The sad thing is there will be other designers that will settle for less. So these clients just keep on low balling these people because there are others that are willing to take it.

I think if a design is unique, more useful and better, people will pay more. But if it's like everyone else, they could consider it common and pay less. It should be rare and irresistible... that will create high demand and the amount they pay will be enough. Competition should encourage creators to improve on their works and be different.
boyptc

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 10:56:11 AM

I think if a design is unique, more useful and better, people will pay more. But if it's like everyone else, they could consider it common and pay less. It should be rare and irresistible... that will create high demand and the amount they pay will be enough. Competition should encourage creators to improve on their works and be different.
It is true that there are clients that are willing to pay more but there also goes the clients that are low ballers and can really go as low as they can.

And sadly, they keep on doing that because there are other designers that do take such task because they are in need.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███