Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:47:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for X11 NVidia miner  (Read 8516 times)
HiroS (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:36:59 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 05:47:56 PM by HiroS

X11 is becoming a very popular solution for miners and has two very decent coins under its belt already, Darkcoin and Hirocoin. Kudos to Evan Duffield the original creator of X11.

The NVidia miners are somewhat left out though as there is no Cuda miner for X11 yet. I would like to offer a bounty of 20,000 Hirocoin for a working Cuda miner for X11. This offer is open for the next month and will be reviewed on the 26th March if no Cuda miners exists at that point. The bounty is currently worth 0.8BTC and the price is rising sharply.

Let me know if this is something that you are able to do and want to compete for the bounty. Miners will be validated on nvidia cards in the order that they are submitted.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:41:02 PM

Have you tried to pm cbuchner1?

HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:42:19 PM

Thanks, I will send him a PM and point him to this post.

If anyone knows someone who can do this work then please point them towards this thread. We are getting a lot of requests for an NVidia miner and I hate to have people left out. Having X11 available on AMD and NVidia will greatly help X11 become a new standard.

Hirocoin - New unique feature just added. We will be the new home for GPU miners when those Scrypt ASICs hit.
Warning__3

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:48:00 PM

OR you could point your concern to the officel cudaminer topic Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.9800

HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:08:10 PM

OR you could point your concern to the officel cudaminer topic Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.9800

Another excellent suggestion, I have posted on that thread.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:55:28 PM

Great, would like to see how my old 560ti's perform on Hiro.
HiroS (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 03:24:12 PM

The bounty is not a huge amount but I hope to attract and enthusiast to this task who will do it in part for the challenge, in part for fun and a little bit for the bounty. Perhaps I need to take a look at the Cuda miner for Scrypt. How hard can it be to add X11 Smiley

healthandwealth

Activity: 138

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:59:50 AM

Bump.

I have a couple 600 ti's that are ready and waiting to mine some Dark/Hiro.  Until a cudaminer version is released...I'll be mining Heavycoin or Blackcoin.
beetterer1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:35:48 AM

I most like to do interesting challenges and, I want to know how hard can it be to add X11.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:19:19 AM

i'd like to do it but i ran into issues finishing it for QRK/SRC etc way back which uses the same algos (Dark has more added)
so in all honesty i might be able to if i got mega motivated but it's unlikely i will lol
Chubner1 has learned about cuda and i bet he could do it up if he already did QRK etc
ever tried learning cuda guys ? ugggggghh lol GAY !!!
I get sick of dealing with cuda soon coding.. i have made a lot of changes to cudaminer and shared my own mods many times in case people don't know Wink
I made an mfc gui version for windows for example and also did a 64bit version before anyone else stated they did (claiming it was slower which was bs)
i dunno i'll think about though i could use the BTC lol

FUD first & ask questions later™
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:56:56 AM

so in all honesty i might be able to if i got mega motivated but it's unlikely i will lol

Hahah, how can we get you mega motivated ?

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:14:32 AM

I briefly checked.

I think the best way is to convert those 11 algos 1:1 right out of the SPH-sgminer and integrate them into cbuchner's cudaminer.
They have to be correct in SPH-cgminer for darkcoin because it's running.

The SPH code seems very readable to me although I never pprogrammed anything in GPU. With the cuda code I have a bit more trouble.

I know I could do it if I dig into it but honestly the days I can bring up motivition for such a big work are a bit in my past.

But I hope someone will do it since I plan to buy Nvidia again as soon as the next generation is out!!

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

Hahah, how can we get you mega motivated ?

stuff is haaaaard man Sad

and if your a coder you know it goes in waves.. you get into it balls deep then need a break for a while
and i have been on a break for some time lol
the most appropriate person to do it would be the cudamniner dev he has the specific experience like no other.
like what i mean is it would be FAR harder for me to do what need to be done that it would be for him he has already learned a lot i have not Cuda wise.
i'd like to see it done though..

code wise a major issue has been for me at least before is multi languages used combined with multi platform support..
for example.. i looked into a making an nvidia GPU or CPU miner mod etc before for Quark but much of the hashing code used is often passed around online
in the form of optimized ASM and i always use 64bit builds for miners and the miners often have 64bit asm hashing code
so.. when i compile it on MingW x64 on windows that uses GCC it works fine but when i try and load that code up in Visual Studio i am stone walled
MS says that you can't do that with x64 anymore and you have to use what is called Intrinsics now and that would mean knowing the asm and the algo written in asm
enough to port it into Intrinsics format.. and yeah i know asm but not that well lol
My skill with ASM is loading up a program in OllyDBG or IDA and patching some jumps or calls lol
So just that one aspect winds up snow balling into a train of bullshit i have experienced first hand a LOT lol

it is complicated and VERY hard stuff to deal with requiring a wide range of skills.

needed..

x86 + x64 instruction set info
optimized cpu instruction set info for all platforms
c/c++ skill
asm skill
mingw / gcc compiler info
visual studio x86 + x64 compiler info
Microsoft x64 Intrinsics (an asm like optimization language for ms compilers)
knowledge of hashing algo's (not the easiest stuff to learn about)
Cuda programming

LOL i means this is a lot of advanced stuff to know about..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:45:22 AM

bump

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:48:30 AM

i'd like to do it but i ran into issues finishing it for QRK/SRC etc way back which uses the same algos (Dark has more added)
Chubner1 has learned about cuda and i bet he could do it up if he already did QRK etc
ever tried learning cuda guys ? ugggggghh lol GAY !!!
I get sick of dealing with cuda soon coding.. i have made a lot of changes to cudaminer and shared my own mods many times in case people don't know Wink
I made an mfc gui version for windows for example and also did a 64bit version before anyone else stated they did (claiming it was slower which was bs)
i dunno i'll think about though i could use the BTC lol

I don't think you can do it.

Proof me wrong Cheesy
zdavidi

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:22:01 PM

A cudaminer for Hirocoin would be groovy.

Can my nvidia card on my notebook mine some Hiro ?   Grin Grin

Darkstone2

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:36:54 PM

so.. when i compile it on MingW x64 on windows that uses GCC it works fine but when i try and load that code up in Visual Studio i am stone walled
MS says that you can't do that with x64 anymore and you have to use what is called Intrinsics now and that would mean knowing the asm and the algo written in asm
enough to port it into Intrinsics format.. and yeah i know asm but not that well lol
It is true that MS does not support inline assembly on their x64 compilers, but it is still possible to externally link assembly code. I've done that a few months ago using masm and i was able to compile the same program using jwasm in linux.

That said, why not use OpenCL?
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:45:04 PM

X11 is becoming a very popular solution for miners and has two very decent coins under its belt already, Darkcoin and Hirocoin. Kudos to Evan Duffield the original creator of X11.

The NVidia miners are somewhat left out though as there is no Cuda miner for X11 yet. I would like to offer a bounty of 20,000 Hirocoin for a working Cuda miner for X11. This offer is open for the next month and will be reviewed on the 26th March if no Cuda miners exists at that point. The bounty is currently worth 0.8BTC and the price is rising sharply.

Let me know if this is something that you are able to do and want to compete for the bounty. Miners will be validated on nvidia cards in the order that they are submitted.

Here is a better solution and saves you your 0.8BTC.

Why dont you sell the POS nVidia cards on eBay and get a couple of monster R9 290s? Better speed for gaming, better scrypt mining and better resale value (AMD Graphics cards FLY off the shelves. Try putting on on Craigslist at the right price, you will get tons of messages).
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:46:38 PM

A cudaminer for Hirocoin would be groovy.

Can my nvidia card on my notebook mine some Hiro ?   Grin Grin

You should never mine with a laptop. You will make 40 cents in 6 months while spending $50 in electricity and at the end your laptop WILL FRY.
kr00t0n

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:50:55 PM

Here is a better solution and saves you your 0.8BTC.

Why dont you sell the POS nVidia cards on eBay and get a couple of monster R9 290s? Better speed for gaming, better scrypt mining and better resale value (AMD Graphics cards FLY off the shelves. Try putting on on Craigslist at the right price, you will get tons of messages).

Because:

A) My 750tis mine at 50% hash of my 7950s for 25% of the power.
B) Summer is coming, I'd rather not have my 7950s heating up my apartment.
C) Decentralization, be it individual hash, pool hash, or hardware adoption (remember how AMD prices skyrocketed as a result of mining?) is better than a monopoly.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: