Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:12:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unique Uses for Alt Coins and Bitcoin as a Decentralized Password Manager  (Read 116 times)
UsernameNumber7 (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 25, 2021, 10:43:54 PM
Merited by vv181 (1)

Basically having a trusted Decentralized Password Manager AND Password Generator is important.........

INTRODUCTION:

This is a 2-Factor NEXUS Wallet Login Password and Tidecoin PRE-Quantum Wallet.dat OpenSSL ENC Fri-Manual

Tidecoin OpenSSL Command Line Encryption Instructions for Cloud Storage (Non-Post Quantum Encryption)  Also make sure Whole wallet Encryption is Enabled also!

PART:1

Encryption Command using ChaCha20 Encryption

openssl enc -e -pbkdf2 -chacha20 -md sha512 -in /home/COMPUTER-NAME-HERE/TIDE.dat -out /home/COMPUTER-NAME-HERE/TIDE.dat.enc

Decryption Command using ChaCha20 Encryption

openssl enc -d -pbkdf2 -chacha20 -md sha512 -in /home/COMPUTER-NAME-HERE/TIDE.dat.enc -out /home/COMPUTER-NAME-HERE/TIDE.dat

Hopefully Son the OpenSSL and PQ-Clean Github will support Post-Quantum Encryption Algo for the OpenSSL .ENC function for files!

For Full list of Variables type in Command Line Terminal using CTRL T to start Terminal

openssl enc --help

PART:2

For OpenSSL ENC function Passwords it is encouraged to use a generated Address from Tidecoin Wallet using the RipMd180 Encryption cypher to autogenerate the RANDOM Hash PASSWORD FOR US

Tidcoin Address

TNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATs

This TDC address is going to be the Base for our OpenSSL Encryption PassW*RD

PART:3

JUst run it through a RANDOM amount of Times AND Combine

Combine with other RIPMD180 generated Tidecoin ADDRESSES or other Crypto-Currency Wallet addresses you use for MULTI-FACTOR Authentication

This is the MINIMUM Amount of Encryption to use for Encrypting and then uploading a Wallet.dat file into the Cloud Storage or Decentralized Storage Platforms like FileCoin ect...........Chia..........

So if we used Our Tidecoin Generated Wallet with A Message Label it will become a lot easier to manage...............the Password for our Wallet.Dat file

TNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQ h5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyx csWhBWsMaATs

So we just created a RANDOM 5 repeat Password for our OpenSSL ENC function

PASSWORD=

TNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQ h5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyxcsWhBWsMaATsTNzm7L9YhMQh5zaP3TRRyx csWhBWsMaATs

This is What is used to Set-Up 2 Facotor Nexus Password AND Pin Also

The NEXUS Wallet Username MUST be easy to remember as it's CaSe sEnSiTivE

However Remember this will TIE Permentantly your NEXUS wallet to a 2-Factor Authentication using your Tidecoin Generated Address if we used the same TDC coin Password for our NEXUS Login Password AND Pin

The only way to break the Tidecoin Wallet.dat file providing the Nexus Password is to Create a New Nexus Wallet and send the NEXUS to a Fresh Wallet this will break the Permenent Tidecoin Wallet.dat file from your NEXUS Login Password AND Pin

If you add MULTI-Factor using Tidecoin And BTC/NMC than it would be something like

NEXUS Wallet LOGIN

Username:

Nexus

Password:

TDC Address Random Amount of Times RIPMD180 x 5

Pin:

BTC/NMC Address Random Amount of Times RIPMD180 x 5

Conversely

Password:

BTC/NMC Address Random Amount of Times RIPMD180 x 5

Pin:

TDC Address Random Amount of Times RIPMD180 x 5

MD180 x  5 =  900 Bit Long Password

After Encryption for 2-or More Onion Layers using Multi-TDC or BTC/NMC RIPMD180 Addresses for MULTI-FACTOR encryption

If your worried about torture to unfold your pass key, using MULTI-Facotor is the only way to not divulge the Key Pass.........

As once The Torture begins it's simple not possible for the Mind to Even Process it anymore as it is a matter of Stress level which cannot be achieved under torture conditions to produce the password Sequence.................................

thanks to Vlad2Vlad

Maybe someone or other noticed that the "Entry" or Tidecoin Wallet.dat requires unique way to access it...............

Vlad2Vlad sparked the idea of using Namecoin..........Basically Namecoin allows using easy to REMEMBER .bit human readable names for our First Hop Onion Encryption

Basically the idea is Namecoin Explorer https://www.namebrow.se/ and search our Human Readable .Bit domains.....

These domains don't even need to be ours to use it can be a combination of some others

Doing a search for Army

https://www.namebrow.se/name/d/Army/

This lists all the record updates for this entry.........

The Name_New Transaction is all encoded into the Blockchain............

Here it shows the RipMD180 Address that we can use for our Password Base for our OpenSSL ENC Password

Basically we can choose from 3 different RipMD180 addresses from 2 different d/Army Namecoin .Bit entries

We could basically use the Transaction ID or Input Scripts or RipMD180 Name Coin Addresses

Obviously it can be as simple or complex as desired!

It's not hard to throw in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! into passwords also or HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?   

It's all a personal preference

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 01:27:02 AM

Basically having a trusted Decentralized Password Manager AND Password Generator is important.........

~snip
I wonder what is the urgency and/or importance to create such a decentralized password manager? I don't get whether the usability of such a decentralized password manager is feasible or not.

What I mean is I pretty much enjoy using Bitwarden, I tried to maximize the habit to securely protect my data as a whole, and so far so good. Especially since I am comforted to use the application in terms of ease of use.

I tried to comprehend your post, it looks like that you are more describing about the password generator rights? I don't get the point that it can be used as a password manager, could you elaborate it a little bit?
UsernameNumber7 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 11:35:53 PM

Bitcoin is probably a much more "Private" way to store and use your Username and Website inside the Receive Address Labels......It does not require any Bitcoin to do this and you can easily delete the Bitcoin Wallet.dat file and create a new "Record" or destroy a "Record"....

The Government will Never "Lose" data obtained somehow from "Centralized" organization and there is no tools in the world other than Decentralization to stop NSA and Chi-Comm from taking over Centralized data honey pots......

That is a much better question than I first thought.  As learning how to play the Centralized Popular Apps requires knowledge of how to separate the different USE CASES into their own field

1)  Main Function is Decentralization

2)  Decentralization of the Password Generation

bixiiMaphi321

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 03:36:43 PM

I wonder what is the urgency and importance to create such a decentralized password manager? I don't understand if the usability of such a decentralized password manager is possible. The most important feature of Bitcoin is that it is decentralized, meaning it is not controlled by a single authority or person. The code for the software is open source and maintained by volunteers. The system is run by a worldwide network of computers. Anyone who wants to participate can join and start contributing. Instead of converting radio messages, Bitcoin uses cryptography to convert transaction data.
vv181
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 05:51:25 PM

Bitcoin is probably a much more "Private" way to store and use your Username and Website inside the Receive Address Labels......It does not require any Bitcoin to do this and you can easily delete the Bitcoin Wallet.dat file and create a new "Record" or destroy a "Record"....
I didn't have any cryptographic knowledge, but by means of password manager data, if you want to achieve more "private" data are not using a regular password manager like KeePassX and then backing up the database with steganography are way more useful?

It is sure that using a password manager like your way is far from convenient.

The Government will Never "Lose" data obtained somehow from "Centralized" organization and there is no tools in the world other than Decentralization to stop NSA and Chi-Comm from taking over Centralized data honey pots......
Yeah, I kind of agree.

That is a much better question than I first thought.  As learning how to play the Centralized Popular Apps requires knowledge of how to separate the different USE CASES into their own field

1)  Main Function is Decentralization
2)  Decentralization of the Password Generation
Regarding point #2, I don't think it is a "decentralization" of password generation, by all mean I didn't see any decentralization of it. Also, I'm sure the regular password generation is secure enough.

Overall, it might be plausible to use as what mentioned on the OP. But I didn't see any urgency, importance and added benefit by using it. Nevertheless, yeah it might be a unique way of cryptocurrency uses.
UsernameNumber7 (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 10:11:59 PM

I am glad there is some interest even if merely dis-interest interest......

To me this is truly Revolutionary Development!

To me it's the same as uploading content into cloud storage to than using Chia or Filecoin ect......

But I am not going to explain all the uses for this, I keep thinking of new ones each day............

But I didn't stumble upon this feat by chance or anything it came about by flow of using the current technology ect......of course I have used Bitwarden but Bitwarden requires a In-Browser Plugin which could leak information and the whole contents to hackers.......

Decentralizing the Browser from the Password Manager is a big deal to me...............

I thought of using the labels and message as a BYPRODUCT of this from my main purpose Encrypting using OpenSSL terminal to encrypt Wallet.dat files............this will break the 2-factor authorization from Bitwarden ect......Centralized

I dumped it here as Made In Time development that proceeds from using OpenSSL ENC function

Edward Snowden for sure would be interested in this method!

Try using the OpenSSL function to try to understand the workflow

This will hide the Wallet.dat file from being viewed by cloud providers if done right using at least 2 layers of Onion Encryption

1) Encrypt File using OpenSSL      (Possible to Skip this Step if only want 1 layer encryption) (Better for less encryption than    chance to lose pass key sequence)

2) Put File into Folder

3) Compress Folder into Tar.gz format

4) Encrypt using OpenSSL

5) Upload to Filecoin Cloud

This would not work as a password manager for like Google and Amazon as the government can correlate the password generation to the certain Wallet.dat based upon the first letter of the RipMD 180 hash.......

But it works for Some logins, but is best for Storing OpenSSL Password Manager

Probably using Bitwarden for Amazon and Google would work......Like Likes Like

vv181
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 07:17:39 PM

To me it's the same as uploading content into cloud storage to than using Chia or Filecoin ect......
Which is it make become a centralised storage solution. You have to trust the third party not to delete your file/acc, etc.

of course I have used Bitwarden but Bitwarden requires a In-Browser Plugin which could leak information and the whole contents to hackers.......
Yeap, I do have a paranoia that the Bitwarden browser add on somehow could become an attack vector. Which make me to use their native app, not their browser add on.

Here is the thing, I reiterated that the method might be plausible. On another hand, it will make the barrier to entry of practising good security practice is high enough--since the method is complicated for the average Joe user. Which made me think there is no importance/urgency of the method since a lot of people are still not maximizing password manager well enough.

If we look at the recent issues of the Coinbase hack[1], I can safely assume that the victims are using the same password across many websites. That is the reason why making people aware of basic security practices on the Internet should be prioritized rather than other things.

[1] [2021-10-02] Coinbase says hackers stole cryptocurrency from at least 6,000
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: