Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 11:44:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My intro post  (Read 771 times)
bigmofog (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:08:26 AM

Typical child of the modern age.  Use computers enough to know what I am doing

not a hacker
not a skiddy
not a cracker
not a "security researcher"

just a guy who knows how to find answers to quetions on the internet and implement them.  the absolute generic power user. 

beyond that I consider Bitcoins to be immensely powerful.

I just hope that future regulations in the US (that are currently being discusses as of this moment) regarding regulation of the public internet are goig to make services and systems like BTC harder to implement.

its tough because, while the US may not be everyone's favorite place, the US' regularatory stance on internet openness changes, its only a matter of time before the rest of Europe catches on.... not to mention that the userbase of the US is a significant proportion (perhaps of a majority) of the majority of online services, including bitcoin.

lets just hope that the government doesnt destroy the internet because a bunch of fat old men, who have absolutely no clue about the ideals and priciples of the generations that follow their yourth, deem the internet to be little more than a marketing/economic tool, as opposed to the monumentally important evolution of the written word.

first there were cavemen who spoke oral traditions
then there were early agricultural and tradesmen who used lines and wedges written in clay and on the ground to count livestock and trade goods
then there were scribes and historians of antiquity who actually categorized and developed writing systems for the purposes of recording a narrative
movable type made this accessible outside the population who were literate and the small number of transcribed tomes

the internet is the genuine final evolution.

it is the synthesis of all written forms of communication since nomads and foragers developed agriculture, all the way up to the days of John Bardeen and the integrated circuit.

economics and commerce are merely side effects.  the internet is about instant, universal, inexpensive, broadly applicable communication that transcends borders, time, politics, economic status, and the status quo.

that is why regulation of the internet, and anything that depends upon it, is so monumentally dangerous.

politicians who believe that the internet must be regulated to protect stupid people who are stupid on the internet, because at its heart they believe the internet to be just a tool for better transmissio of COMMERCIAL information, are the most dangerous people on the planet.

not quite as dangerous as a terrorist standing right in front of you with a weapon, but way more dangerous than the leadership of any particular terrorist organization.

regulation of the internet will/could be the most catastrophic decision ever made by any governing body since the change of foreign policies that followed world war 2.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fingler29

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:37:07 AM

thanks.

Good to know people are actually reading these posts and they are not just there for fluff.
fbulol

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 01:38:55 AM

Haha, that was a long ass intro!
occulta

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 01:36:56 PM

slightly long Tongue

im just me, take it or leave it Smiley

GPG KeyID: F5A703CC74E46E5D
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 03:55:54 PM

Welcome!

Fingler29

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 11:59:24 PM

I know

Must be all that caffeine.  Total keyboard insanity.  sorry bros.  and its either wall of text, or spaced out repeatedly, making my posts take up half the page.  I'll try to keep it short.
dark_st3alth

Activity: 33

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 03:10:19 AM

He he, I'm almost safe from the stupidity it seems when you mix the internet with governments - except in the case with Bell and the CRTC.

(I'm from Canada if you don't know)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: