Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference in Ethermine dashboard and miningpoolsprofits.com/whattomine.com  (Read 101 times)
algocrypto (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 04:31:13 PM

Hello,

I have a difference of around 10% less reported on Ethermine dashboard as compared to values provided by miningpoolsprofit.com and whattomine.com for the same Ethash.

I guess 10% difference is too high and something is wrong either with Ethermine or miningpoolsprofit/whattomine.

Do anyone experience similar difference?

Cheers!!
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 10:57:46 PM

You guess wrong, only 10% error is pretty good. Estimates are based on the past, the future can't be accurately
predicted. 'like they say in investing: past performance is not an indicator of future results.

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 11:19:44 PM

The values are just estimates, so you can't conclude that something wrong based on a 10% difference. Whattomine majorly relies on reported network data while Ethermine relies  on your average hastrate in the last 24 hours

Check out this reddit post to have  a better understanding as to why that different might be there - Whattomine says 11.49 dollar a day, ethermine shows me 5.84 dollar a day? Why? But it shouldn't matter that much.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
algocrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 12:23:12 AM

Thank you for the reply.

I got it now, so Ethermine earnings estimate is based on 24 hours data for the rig, while whattomine/miningpoolsprofit are based on the current difficulty.

It makes sense, I will stop thinking much about it.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 04:32:57 AM

Thank you for the reply.

I got it now, so Ethermine earnings estimate is based on 24 hours data for the rig, while whattomine/miningpoolsprofit are based on the current difficulty.

Its not only that there are other factors as well. For example if you got a slow internet connection then instead of getting a block you might end up with a stale. Another reason is your GPUs might from time to time get hardware errors which are obviosuly never counted as actual shares.

There are also fees with your miner software. Most likely you are paying a 1% fee which you won't see on the pool. Then there is always the chance that your hashrate shown is not extirely accurate either. Depending on what miner you are using might be off by a fraction of a percent or so.

I  always take 90-95% of what those values are calculated as my actual earnings.

Hotdog Vendor

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 07:30:36 AM

I used Ethermine for 5month straight, was always really close to calcs most times I would even earn more then Ethermine calc too.
Only reason I changed to flexpool was return time. 133ms for Ethermine, 33ms for Flexpool where I am.

What % are incorrect and what % are stale. Are you using AMD card or Nvidia? Maybe oc settings not the best?
So many things can change pay rates like others said before.
algocrypto (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 03:05:43 PM

Thank you for the reply.

Its not only that there are other factors as well. For example if you got a slow internet connection then instead of getting a block you might end up with a stale. Another reason is your GPUs might from time to time get hardware errors which are obviosuly never counted as actual shares.

There are also fees with your miner software. Most likely you are paying a 1% fee which you won't see on the pool. Then there is always the chance that your hashrate shown is not extirely accurate either. Depending on what miner you are using might be off by a fraction of a percent or so.

I  always take 90-95% of what those values are calculated as my actual earnings.

Yes, I understand now, there are other factors as well that will impact the estimated earnings on Ethermine dashboard. The only thing that concerned me that 10% or more difference was way too much and that miningpoolsprofit/whattomine need to update their calculations so that is realistic.
MLong2

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 05:56:22 PM

Hello,

I have a difference of around 10% less reported on Ethermine dashboard as compared to values provided by miningpoolsprofit.com and whattomine.com for the same Ethash.

I guess 10% difference is too high and something is wrong either with Ethermine or miningpoolsprofit/whattomine.

Cheers!!

You also have to analyze what miner are you using... NBMiner / T-Rex  / Gminer inflating hash, so your real hash will be from 3%-2% less in these miners... Think in not using unhonest miners like these ones... We will need to avoid the they lie us.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 04:53:07 AM

Hello,

Cheers!!

You also have to analyze what miner are you using... NBMiner / T-Rex  / Gminer inflating hash, so your real hash will be from 3%-2% less in these miners... Think in not using unhonest miners like these ones... We will need to avoid the they lie us.

Yes that is another area to consider. I've used to frequent the Claymore ETH miner thread. And from time to time there was some individual who would question Claymore's displayed speed on his miner. They said that its not accurate, saying that it was off by like 1% or so.

Apparently they had a large farm and tested different software and found that Claymore's miner was the same speed or even slower than other miner software out at the time. It was never proven however and Claymore never admitted. We all just assumed it was variance.

MLong2

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 08:14:28 AM

Hello,

Cheers!!

Yes that is another area to consider. I've used to frequent the Claymore ETH miner thread. And from time to time there was some individual who would question Claymore's displayed speed on his miner. They said that its not accurate, saying that it was off by like 1% or so.

Apparently they had a large farm and tested different software and found that Claymore's miner was the same speed or even slower than other miner software out at the time. It was never proven however and Claymore never admitted. We all just assumed it was variance.

You can have a look to that test of 1Millions shares...  All Miner inflated, except one... It is really a painfull that we have this dishonest miners :-(

https://www.hashrate.no/bench
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: