Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have bricked my rx5600xt  (Read 264 times)
eltemur (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 07:33:38 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), LoyceV (1)

Hello everyone
I have force flashed ( somehow) the bios of my asus tuf rx5600 xt oc6.. and then I have realized that I have uploaded the wrong rom. ( yes ı have bricked it ) now I am trying to reverse to procces and flash it back to its original by connecting it to a different motherboard with rizer but whenever I try to flash I am getting ssid mismatch error.
none of the flashing tools except for   amdvbflash 3.20+ from igorslab worked so far and that version is not alloving me to force flash since the ssid mismatch error, ı am locked up. I have also tried to change  the ssid by redbios editor on the original file to the wrong ssid for flashing, it did work and I have flashed but again ı can not get anything except dark screen. by using the same tool ı have also tried to change the ssid by using the command -passid .... but then it gave the error of ssid not found.
I am feeling a bit fucked up.

if there is any other method for forceflash ı will be waiting for answers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRMdude

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 01:39:22 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2021, 02:03:10 PM by VRMdude
Merited by vapourminer (2)

IS this a dual bios card if not it sounds like your going to need a copy of the original Bios that you obv backed up yes and using a usb CH341A Series spiflash writer then flash that bios back directly to the chip which means likely removing carefully the GPU backplate to expose the flash chip to get the 8 pin clip onto it noting polarity by the dot on the chip denoting pin 1. I have not tried this with a RX5000 series but a flash chip is a flash chip no? and if this isvnew to you best go watch some videos on it.

all the best.

EDIT

looks like your card has vbios chip on the other side of the pcb board so removing backplate alone is not enough to access, it will require removal of heatsink fully unless there is another way to unbrick which probably kills ya warranty if you didnt manage that by yourself already lol. But a working card with a dead warranty is better than a doorstop at this stage?

Williamm07

Activity: 181
Merit: 14

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 04:48:13 PM

There should be a dual bios switch on the GPU, also I recommend using HiveOS to flash bios because it works better for me, anyways switch the bios button on GPU just to boot up and switch back to the wrong flashed side while your PC is already up and running then this time make sure you flash the good BIOS, good luck

CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 04:51:00 PM

Hello everyone
I have force flashed ( somehow) the bios of my asus tuf rx5600 xt oc6.. and then I have realized that I have uploaded the wrong rom. ( yes ı have bricked it ) now I am trying to reverse to procces and flash it back to its original by connecting it to a different motherboard with rizer but whenever I try to flash I am getting ssid mismatch error.
none of the flashing tools except for   amdvbflash 3.20+ from igorslab worked so far and that version is not alloving me to force flash since the ssid mismatch error, ı am locked up. I have also tried to change  the ssid by redbios editor on the original file to the wrong ssid for flashing, it did work and I have flashed but again ı can not get anything except dark screen. by using the same tool ı have also tried to change the ssid by using the command -passid .... but then it gave the error of ssid not found.
I am feeling a bit fucked up.

if there is any other method for forceflash ı will be waiting for answers.

Sorry for your loss buh honestly I don't see any reason why you would want to flash bios on a rx5600XT because that GPU works out of the box with any mining algorithm, all you need to do is find it's sweetest spot for mining a particular algorithm using MSI afterburner or other tool

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 12:34:14 PM

In my country, a video card BIOS flashing service costs no more than $ 20. A quick repair will cost $ 30. A good programmer for flashing BIOS with a set of pads costs 200 dollars. If you like experimenting with video cards, then buy a programmer.
The firmware training will take you 10-20 minutes.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2021, 01:31:32 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

You said you are trying to biosmod with riser.

Do you have a motherboard with 2 PCIe x16 slots? Or video onboard to test without the riser?

I don't know exactly, but I remember people saying it's not good to do the mod with riser, always direct to motherboard

Aside from that, you can try to bios mod with HiveOs, as user above already said, try everything

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
popeye95

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 05:31:37 PM

In my country, a video card BIOS flashing service costs no more than $ 20. A quick repair will cost $ 30. A good programmer for flashing BIOS with a set of pads costs 200 dollars. If you like experimenting with video cards, then buy a programmer.
That's is expensive, flashing service for 20 bucks by just simple load up bios and pressing some button. And 'a quick repair will cost $ 30' sound more like a cleaning service because I'm sure if the thing is broken, 30 bucks ain't enough to cover the cost of replacement parts, much less than the labor fee.
To OP, your best bet right now is to ask for a warranty from where you bought it. They might consider bricked your GPU void the warranty but still offer some sort of fixing, reflash your GPU card at a cost.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 01:02:34 PM

That's is expensive, flashing service for 20 bucks by just simple load up bios and pressing some button. And 'a quick repair will cost $ 30' sound more like a cleaning service because I'm sure if the thing is broken, 30 bucks ain't enough to cover the cost of replacement parts, much less than the labor fee.
To OP, your best bet right now is to ask for a warranty from where you bought it. They might consider bricked your GPU void the warranty but still offer some sort of fixing, reflash your GPU card at a cost.

And how much does the BIOS flashing service cost in your country?
I would pay $ 30 and in a few hours my graphics card would start making about $ 3 per day.
I know how service centers work, and sometimes they can flash the BIOS there for free if the technician needs to fulfill the warranty repair plan, but the waiting time will take from several weeks to 45 days in my country.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 01:15:32 PM

You can restore every AMD card if you flashing a wrong bios. AMD cards have a chip on PCB where you set the card in a special standard mode if something go wrong. Only connect 2 pins of this chip and start your PC.
I used this many times in the past -> flashed a R9 280 bios on a R7 270 4GB for example.

e.g. A25L0100

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 01:23:46 PM

You can restore every AMD card if you flashing a wrong bios. AMD cards have a chip on PCB where you set the card in a special standard mode if something go wrong. Only connect 2 pins of this chip and start your PC.
I used this many times in the past -> flashed a R9 280 bios on a R7 270 4GB for example.

e.g. A25L0100

I would be more careful with such advice.
I restored BIOS on motherboards in this way,
but different motherboards had to do different things.
So you need to read the documentation first. And since all the documentation is secret for new video cards, it is better to pay the master 20-30 dollars for the BIOS firmware.
I did this with sharp tweezers and with the equipment turned on. Any mistake will turn the video card into a doorstop.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 07:32:12 PM

As i written, this can be done on ever AMD card in the same way. If you build mining rigs than in my opinion it is important to do such things by yourself. If you must pay 20 - 30 to flash a bios, then it is the wrong business.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 05:56:04 PM

As i written, this can be done on ever AMD card in the same way. If you build mining rigs than in my opinion it is important to do such things by yourself. If you must pay 20 - 30 to flash a bios, then it is the wrong business.
Man, you can't hear me.
Before trying to solve something by closing the legs of the microcircuits on the switched on equipment, you need to study the technical documentation on the BIOS chip, which is installed on the motherboard. And also figure out where the backup BIOS chip is, and where the base chip is.

Here is a working way, in Russian
https://miningclub.info/threads/vse-rx-5600-xt-v-majninge.70750/post-1886675

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 06:54:52 PM

easy way1 : you can force install.Download bios rom from techpowerup.
I dont have rx5600 so i dont know what biostool you use just in case this may give you idea. This example for RX470-580 cards, they use atiwinflash software. you open windows start and type cmd click run as administrator. then go to path. When you done it looks like this: C:\......\......\atiwinflash\ -f -p 0 bios.rom 0 means your card. You may change to 1 if you have onboard. this is worked for me for wrongly flashed bios.

2nd way: you order ch341a programmer and install it.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 06:56:12 PM

And dont worry it is not broken  Grin AMD is beast
VRMdude

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 12:36:41 PM

The op hasnt even replied yet and many of you are having a lively debate with each other lol. I think its agreed that the OP if wanting to mine is going to have a steep learning curve...

The OP should force flash blind if possible to recover the vbios and if not able to then fall back to reprogramming the chip directly which may destroy any warranty and should be a last stop to avoid expensive doorstop as per post 13....

Below is an image of the card in question with the spi flash chip marked, sadly this card requires removal of heatsink to access the chip unlike many cards which have vbios chip (spi flash) accessible from just removal of backplate. The op should before proceeding with the 2nd option of physical reflash using the usb ch341a programmer device, be absolutely certain there is no dual bios switch which would save his bacon the easy way.

eltemur (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 08:57:00 PM

Well I have read most of your comments and I would like to thank you all. The card is fixed under guarantee service with no cost.
All it's need is the upload of correct vbios, None of the tools are allowing us to flash it again so I have sent it to the service, Unfortunatelly this version only has one bios there is no option to save it with flashing if you uploaded the wrong vbios, for those who experience the same issue if you are having ssid mismatch, don't make your upset and don't waste your time send it to the service or if you have an apu motherboard you can try to  force flash it back by using the motherboard but it is highly unlikely to save it.

NOTE: for my friend who asked why I forceflashed bios is mainly because I was getting crashes even without OC. I tried but I have failed, lack of options made me send it to the service luckily they had fixed it without any cost.

Thank you and best regards. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: