Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ASIC to be greatly in profit  (Read 72 times)
wahid.92000 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 07:11:58 PM

- Do you know where I could simulate my earnings if I take an asic, a site that takes into account the cost of electricity and the current remuneration of the cryptocurrency.

- Is it that an ASIC becomes "obsolete", less powerful thus less profitable from a certain time? If yes, how I can remedy this problem to be profitable a maximum

- Which ASIC would you advise me to buy to be really profitable (the most profitable every day and which lasts on years and years)

for information I pay 0.06€ the kWh in France (0.07$) and I can pay any ASIC whatever its price as long as it is the most profitable.

If you have any other advice than answering my questions, please let me know, I'm interested in getting as much information as possible before investing

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 11:30:56 PM

You can’t simulate the earnings because you can’t predict the future price of the coin you are mining. And even if you say hedged your position by selling a futures contract, kind of like agriculture farmers do, you cannot calculate what the difficulty will be. Difficulty is what controls the supply of the coin, the more people that mine the higher the difficulty will be. If the difficulty doubles it means twice as many people are mining and your profits will be exactly half.

Once an ASIC becomes obsolete it’s basically a door stop. You can take some parts like fans and PSUs and reuse those and you can recycle the metal parts but that’s pretty much it. You cannot make it more efficient or mine some other coin.

Hotdog Vendor

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 08:57:47 AM

If only mining was this easy...
Any ASIC that makes decent profits is basically impossible to get unless you want to settle for a 2-3yr ROI if everything goes well. Apart from that 90% or more of ASIC advertised are scammers.

I spent 3 months trying to get INNO A10+ Pro. Ended up just buying some gpus.
wahid.92000 (OP)

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 05, 2021, 10:09:47 PM

You can’t simulate the earnings because you can’t predict the future price of the coin you are mining. And even if you say hedged your position by selling a futures contract, kind of like agriculture farmers do, you cannot calculate what the difficulty will be. Difficulty is what controls the supply of the coin, the more people that mine the higher the difficulty will be. If the difficulty doubles it means twice as many people are mining and your profits will be exactly half.

Once an ASIC becomes obsolete it’s basically a door stop. You can take some parts like fans and PSUs and reuse those and you can recycle the metal parts but that’s pretty much it. You cannot make it more efficient or mine some other coin.

But when exactly does an ASIC become obsolete? For example if I buy the latest model of ASIC to mine etherum when will it not give me much gain in performance not in ether
If only mining was this easy...
Any ASIC that makes decent profits is basically impossible to get unless you want to settle for a 2-3yr ROI if everything goes well. Apart from that 90% or more of ASIC advertised are scammers.

I spent 3 months trying to get INNO A10+ Pro. Ended up just buying some gpus.

I'm fine with paying off my ASIC after 3 years, you don't know how long an ASIC lasts because if an ASIC lasts up to 5 or 6 years and I pay it off in 3 years after that it will only be a benefit
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: