Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:34:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-37 / BTC-D37 motherboard issues...  (Read 90 times)
alterfritz72 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 10:56:42 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2021, 11:06:58 AM by alterfritz72

Hi,

hope somebody can help. I have a few of those china made btc-37 / btc-d37 boards. They are quite nice, make with onboard cpu and 8 pcie slots.

My problem is - 2 of them seems not detect any GPU anymore. All slots seem dead for GPUS.

I tested the GPUs in other motherboards - all good. Power is also good. The 2 boards boot up nicely into hiveos. I also tested Windows. GPU does not show up there under Device Manager. So I was thinking there is some shortage and those pcie slots are simply dead. But then I entered a pcie network adapter - and it works!

So with this network adapter working, I guess GPUS should be as well... any idea what could be the reason for that?

Thanks!
Joerg

update:
I just tested a riser card in those slots - same effect. Not working.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 02:13:12 PM

Which video cards are not detected? Nvidia or AMD or any video cards?
First, reset the BIOS by closing 2 contacts on the motherboard, then try testing with one video card.
Did these motherboards work for you before the breakdown, or did you buy them in this condition?
alterfritz72 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 02:35:53 PM

Thanks for helping...

I tested AMD cards. Not detected at all, and they are working as I can confirm in some other motherboard. I can test nvidia. I have removed cmos battery / memory...

But I guess if this ethernet pcie card is working then it should be possible to bling it back to life, right?
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 02:54:24 PM

It is not possible to give technical advice online. You can only check the connection of the cables to the motherboard and do a few manipulations with the BIOS.
For further actions, you need equipment for diagnostics, and the most important thing is to understand, after which this breakdown occurred.
If you answer this question, then I can generate some simple ideas. If you bought these motherboards in this condition, please read the instructions carefully. If you do everything correctly, and the video card is not detected, then take the motherboard for repair.
Just don't give 2 mobos at once. If you get one repaired, then bring the second.
alterfritz72 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 02:57:31 PM

Thanks! Great. I removed all connections to the power supply and removed memory and cmos battery. let it rest for 30 min.

Put a nvidia gpu in - found it! But nbow onboard ethernet does not work. I will check bios...
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 06:16:39 PM

If the network card is not working, then this is not a problem. I bought a USB network card for $ 7-8 for my spare parts kit.
Check the voltage of the 2032 bios battery. If it is less than 3 volts, then replace the battery.
Learn to do Reset BIOS using a jumper, this information should be in the technical documentation.
There is, of course, a popular way to put the battery upside down, but I am not a supporter of this method.
You will save your time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: