Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best paper wallet for paxos (usdp)  (Read 71 times)
porparek (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 06:11:50 PM

Hi,
Could you please advise me what is the easiest and safest way to create paxos paper wallet.
Should I use https://account.paxos.com/signup ?
I'd like to store usdp for a couple of months/years in that wallet.
Please also write what wallet/app/website I should use to transfer usdp from that wallet to e.g. Binance ?
Thank you in advance
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 09:04:39 PM

Both Ledger and Trezor are supporting Paxos. If you're looking to store your money for years then obtaining and putting it on a hardware wallet is the best option.

So if Paxos just only changed its name/ticker then it remains to be an ERC20 token and by that means, they're fine putting it on these hardware wallets that I've mentioned.

CMIIW.

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 10:59:50 PM

Paxos is still an ERC20 token, which means any noncustodial wallet which supports Ethereum such as Myetherwallet can be used to create a paper wallet. Just make sure you follow the right tips.

For your information, Custodial services such as binance exchange can never be used to create paper wallets since they don't give u access to the private keys or seed phrases.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2021, 05:52:26 AM

If you want to go with the hardware wallet option, make sure you really treat it as a cold wallet, not a hot wallet that you regularly connect to move assets from one place to another. Buying two HW might be a good idea, one for your cold wallet and the other as your hot wallet. Going with this route might also save you from trouble of finding a good software to move your assets, as long as you don't mind spending some money.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
porparek (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 07:54:21 PM

Thank you for your response. It is extremely valuable.
I've created Ethereum wallet with paper-wallet-generator and imported the private key to MyEtherWallet on my desktop. I've transferred eth from Binance to MyEtherWallet and it works well.
I've created another eth paper wallet using paper-wallet-generator. Its address starts with 0xd0c5b.... I'm trying to transfer usdp from Binance to this wallet using ERC20 chain. When I paste the address in Binance it seems to be valid and thus I hope this transaction should work. I also believe that later I'll be able to import my new wallet 0xd0c5b... into MyEtherWallet on my desktop and find transferred usdp over there with no extra steps (in comparison to plain eth) required. Am I right ?

Thank you in advance for clarification.
sunsilk

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 11:32:55 PM

I've created Ethereum wallet with paper-wallet-generator and imported the private key to MyEtherWallet on my desktop. I've transferred eth from Binance to MyEtherWallet and it works well.
I've created another eth paper wallet using paper-wallet-generator. Its address starts with 0xd0c5b.... I'm trying to transfer usdp from Binance to this wallet using ERC20 chain. When I paste the address in Binance it seems to be valid and thus I hope this transaction should work. I also believe that later I'll be able to import my new wallet 0xd0c5b... into MyEtherWallet on my desktop and find transferred usdp over there with no extra steps (in comparison to plain eth) required. Am I right ?

As you withdraw from Binance, it's going to allow you to choose what network you will be withdrawing and that's the good feature that they have so that their users won't make a mistake. So if you want to withdraw that through ERC20 then choose it and the other choices as well as long as it's being supported like BEP20, BSC and other options.

Going to MEW, as long as the address is there and you've sent it but it doesn't appear, you only have to do the custom token thing so it will appear.

Kavelj22
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1471

🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 11:47:15 PM

As you withdraw from Binance, it's going to allow you to choose what network you will be withdrawing and that's the good feature that they have so that their users won't make a mistake. So if you want to withdraw that through ERC20 then choose it and the other choices as well as long as it's being supported like BEP20, BSC and other options.

Going to MEW, as long as the address is there and you've sent it but it doesn't appear, you only have to do the custom token thing so it will appear.

Seems that he isn't yet familiar with MEW interface. I can understand his concerns. But there does exist many tutorials on how to add a custom token.
The help for Op issue can be resumed in using MEW with otherwise than the web version, all associated apps display ERC20 tokens by default.
I don't use MEW since a time, don't hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sunsilk

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 11:59:37 PM

Seems that he isn't yet familiar with MEW interface. I can understand his concerns. But there does exist many tutorials on how to add a custom token.
The help for Op issue can be resumed in using MEW with otherwise than the web version, all associated apps display ERC20 tokens by default.
I don't use MEW since a time, don't hesitate to correct me if i am wrong.
Now.

We have to wait until OP has finally found the method helpful to him. But it seems that there's no reply yet from him.

Although this method is easy and it's published on the web, there really are those people that don't see the common solution from these common issues.

porparek (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 08:15:09 PM

Thank you all for your help. The "MEW add custom token" seems to be the keywords I missed. I found several guides, as you suggested.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: