Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a piece of advice needed here folks  (Read 697 times)
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 09:16:50 PM

That means you can not secure your profit can not finish your trade at the appropriate time. To be honest this is not a problem that is faced by only you. We all here are facing this. The main way of secure profit is believe yourself. If you always hesitate to take any decision you can not finish everything with good result. And don't be greedy to much.

Another thing is nobody can not finish the game with 100% accuracy. So always take it  very easy and trust/depend/believe yourself and your decision.

If you start trading without a trading plan, then you will really find it hard when is the best time to exit. You might always be in profits but if you are not able to sell them when the price is perfectly high, then i can say that you are not making real profits actually. Start setting your own target selling price so you won't have to deal with your greed. And when you see the price is already at its peak, sell a portion of your coins so you can generate profits too and maybe buy back some other cheap but potential coins.

However, if you think your strategy is already making a poor performance, then replace it with a new one. Develop a new strategy that will definitely work on you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 09:32:34 PM

Hello everyone, please I really would like how you folks get pull out in a project with huge or reasonably profit locked-in.

I started trading (long-term) for couple of years back now and since then i've been doing averagely okay on whatever altcoins project I put into. But what I seem to be lacking is when to actually get out at the right appropriate time.

At least, if not perfectly okay, a bit fairly okay.
Please my pull out strategy are quite poor, kindly help a soul out before it gets completely worst. 🙏

All ideas are welcome please.

Thank you all! 👍
For profit taking scenario or situation then this would really vary on someones personal decision or choice because we do have different goal or target in our mind which means that every green that you

do able to obtain is considered profit and there's no such thing about being perfect trader on where you do really come out on point or on the exact time because its impossible for someone to know

that right timing or right spot due to unpredictability of the market and the advice i could give you is that whenever you do see greens on your portfolio then consider that you are doing good.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 09:37:12 PM

For profit taking scenario or situation then this would really vary on someones personal decision or choice because we do have different goal or target in our mind which means that every green that you

do able to obtain is considered profit and there's no such thing about being perfect trader on where you do really come out on point or on the exact time because its impossible for someone to know

that right timing or right spot due to unpredictability of the market and the advice i could give you is that whenever you do see greens on your portfolio then consider that you are doing good.

Some people won't cash out even if they are on positive profit because they are hoping they will get more if they will wait. But most of the time, the price will slowly drop especially if the project is not that strong leaving the holder in negative position. Now, he will regret that he didn't sell his stash while still in positive side. So yes, so long you are above your buying price and even if it is not big profit, better sell off if you start to feel that the project is going nowhere.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 09:38:30 PM

Hello everyone, please I really would like how you folks get pull out in a project with huge or reasonably profit locked-in.

I started trading (long-term) for couple of years back now and since then i've been doing averagely okay on whatever altcoins project I put into. But what I seem to be lacking is when to actually get out at the right appropriate time.

Please my pull out strategy are quite poor, kindly help a soul out before it gets completely worst. 🙏

Thank you all! 👍
I think that you might just be caught up in what we call greed, as any other humane you get in and as soon as you see that you are making money you get way too invested and lose, and an easy way to combat this or rather a strategy is to set up some certain goal, realistic ones that you exit at, and keep in mind that it is always good to make small profits rather than greed and take a massive hit.
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 10:46:35 PM

Thank you all! 👍
Honestly, most of the time trading won't please us nor we can be sure about profit gains in all our trades. It is because sometimes our strategies won't work effectively or are not totally effective and the other factor is that we have been too emotional in making decisions that could affect our trades. It never had to find a perfect time for trading but I do this when the market seems too active and with the use of reputable exchanges could really give some help.
One thing I could suggest to you is that you have to be patient as you are still learning how to trade. Sooner or later you will found strategies that make you happy and reach your goal either.

Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 07:13:35 PM

you need to know in terms of trading using long term methods, you don't hone your skills in analysis and you are just in the safe zone, generally looks fine but to get bigger profits you should also use short term methods like trading BNB which where every time the price movement on the exchange is very interesting to follow.
the combination of short-term and long-term methods depends on the crypto asset you are trading.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 07:30:03 PM

Thank you all! 👍
Be thankful on what you had attained because not all would really be ending up on having profits even though you do wait up for a very long time and just be thankful at least even though profits isnt really that high.

Perfect cash out is something that you wouldnt able to know because we dont know on how this market moves or something that the projects been doing over the years.

Just stick into your own method or decisions even though it isnt really that big but at least you are in gains.You would find out for yourself on how things should be done.
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2021, 09:34:02 PM

The need to learn technical analysis and fundamentals will certainly be very useful when you have to enter and you have to leave.
If you can't do the analysis, then you will have a hard time where to start and end.
During the several years you trade, of course, you learn how to trade well.

All decisions also depend on your psychology, if you want to get big profits, you must have a target that you really achieve, and that can be done by trading long term and determining what altcoins are good.
don't just log in when FOMO happens, it will only cost you.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 10:44:58 PM

The need to learn technical analysis and fundamentals will certainly be very useful when you have to enter and you have to leave.
If you can't do the analysis, then you will have a hard time where to start and end.
During the several years you trade, of course, you learn how to trade well.
And definitely, our trades don't have a favorable result but often more on losses. And this can be seen when we have to do trading in real life and also to appreciate the usefulness of TA that most new traders don't have.

All decisions also depend on your psychology, if you want to get big profits, you must have a target that you really achieve, and that can be done by trading long term and determining what altcoins are good.
don't just log in when FOMO happens, it will only cost you.
We sometimes use our common instinct as well as the market needs to have such deep understanding otherwise we fall into a wrong decision. And base on my experience, it is very important to be patient all the time. Many had suffer losses as they have been influenced by their emotions and this is what we have to combat first before anything else.
lalabotax

Activity: 1512
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 10:45:02 PM

Since you have been trading for several years, I am sure that you have many lessons from what's wrong with your trading strategy.
What is the target of your investment?
I personally will set a target to sell the coins at a certain rate. And this will be based on the need of the investment goal itself.
Sometimes, we are too greedy to sell the coins because always expecting to pump more and more, in fact, that is vice versa and go downs.

livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 578

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 11:50:55 PM

You don't have to pull out if you only invest to bitcoin and few other top altcoins. You only need to wait until you're profit is decent already.

Pulling out is what you're thinking about and you need faster reaction for doing it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2021, 02:15:42 AM

Don't think you much problem here only if you want to be too greedy by way of you wanting to make hundred percent profit from all your investment. If you invested let say $50 in Altcoin and its value appreciate from that point to $65 I don't think is a bad investment that you will not take your profit. But in a situation where by you want to make $200 from your $50 you make have to wait for a long time or lose your investment for anything can happen in crypto currency market.
Bollexz1 (OP)

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 10:28:00 AM

OP, just HODL Bitcoin, and you wouldn’t have to worry “when to exit at the appropriate time”. Because at the “right time”, no HODLer would need to sell their coins. Bitcoin will be accepted EVERYWHERE. It’s starting in El Salvador, and it’s not going to end there. Cool

Of course I hodl Bitcoin but I had to go into investing on these altcoin as I couldn't afford to purchase 1Btc at a time. So what I literally do is take profit on these altcoins and buy more Bitcoin regardless of whatever price its sitting.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 01:14:08 PM

I would say that if you are doing fine with the long term you should stay with it. I mean long term with good coins would make you super wealthy in 20-30 years and that is what investment is all about, you need to either start with a rich family and get super richer compared to where you started, or you should be starting with nothing and within 20-30 years you should end up with something great.

Jeff Bazos started a business and not some investment situation, even with a super wealthy family and super high network with bunch of super wealthy people, it took him 90's to 2010's in order to become the way rich he is right now. This is why you should not be looking to make money right away in a few years, long term is long term, wait for a few decades.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Woodie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2021, 01:28:46 PM

You seem to have an eye for the projects with the most potential and if am right try to set targets for profit taking such as X5 x10 X20 etc and once price gets here you find another project that you will allow to grow to this much.while you have taken atleast 70% of profit from each project and let the others hold.

Thank you all! 👍
The problem the crypto ecosystem is vast and the only way to minimize on your loses is by diversify your pordolio

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kelvinid

Activity: 2786
Merit: 343

when lambo...

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 02:12:39 PM

Thank you all! 👍
From what I see is that you want more profit instead of having an average profit in every trade you do. I guess you should have to learn how to be contented. Having such a profit is believably a bit of luck for you knowing that trading is risky and most of the traders had lost. Thinking about more profit is the only that could ruin your day and your strategies. Don't think it was lack, you already have it.

And besides, you can never have perfect trading, perfect timing, but it was the strategies that get involved in this and it's you who makes a good play. If you change these things, I'm not sure if you were still able to retain the momentum you have, probably not.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 02:31:20 PM

OP, just HODL Bitcoin, and you wouldn’t have to worry “when to exit at the appropriate time”. Because at the “right time”, no HODLer would need to sell their coins. Bitcoin will be accepted EVERYWHERE. It’s starting in El Salvador, and it’s not going to end there. Cool

Of course I hodl Bitcoin but I had to go into investing on these altcoin as I couldn't afford to purchase 1Btc at a time. So what I literally do is take profit on these altcoins and buy more Bitcoin regardless of whatever price its sitting.
That is the way for other people to make a big profit from the altcoin to have a chance to purchase 1 BTC in the future. Getting much profit in altcoin will allow you to have much money. Perhaps, my only suggestion is to get out when the price reaches the highest price so, at that time, you will make a big profit and do not back to that coin because the price has a chance to drops. You need to have a target price to sell and place the order sell before reaching your target price.
Bollexz1 (OP)

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 02:57:10 PM

Jeff Bazos started a business and not some investment situation, even with a super wealthy family and super high network with bunch of super wealthy people, it took him 90's to 2010's in order to become the way rich he is right now. This is why you should not be looking to make money right away in a few years, long term is long term, wait for a few decades.
This on the other hand is a great motivation to help me change my way of thinking towards getting rich.  Shocked

And I must confess that I truly appreciate each and everyone contributions to this topic. I honestly never had any doubt since my day of joining this forum. You guys rock ✌️

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 03:44:33 PM

Ahhh, thats very good question. I have this huge burden whenever my crypto portfolio is in bullish trend and I also start loosing my mind many times whether to keep, sell it or wait for the price to hike even more. The thing is I have started to be very strategic and firm about my trading ways. For ex, you must set out a goal. How much profit you should book? Does your BEP has reached for all the portfolio or just few coins? Once you think that or see the values in your favour you start selling those coins which are above BEP and also made you good fortune.
But at this point you should not be thinking about the another price hike. Moreover, even if it does hike, that should not be your problem anymore since you achieved your goal already.

It's gonna be hard, but you will understand eventually that its better to sell on time rather after crushed market!
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 06:43:00 PM

Please my pull out strategy are quite poor, kindly help a soul out before it gets completely worst.
Might not be as easy as you may think that it is. For you to be able to make better profit from the market requires a lot of proper planning and having a good level of patience, because if you don’t have the level of patience that’s required, you might keep selling all the time and missing out on the main bigger profits.

I will advise you to learn to have patience and wait for the market to increase before you can start selling your coins. Yes it wouldn’t be to sell whenever you want it, but try to keep some part of that money for a long term if it’s possible for you and see what you can achieve with it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: