Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:32:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to purchase a couple s19j 100th  (Read 373 times)
prpz (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 01:26:49 AM

Haven’t bought an asic for a couple years and I am super weary of scams
I picked up a few before from bitmain
Quality wasn’t the best in the s17 64th units the 50th pros slightly better

What is the current line up like quality vise s19j 100- s19 pro 110
Any line to avoid? Is there a new miner around the corner (with the chip shortage )
I am from Canada so it’s impossible to find a local place that is trustworthy been working kijiji for a month but I don’t wanna buy something new at inflated prices and no warranty ? As bitmain only warranties the original purchaser per their website, is this correct ?
Bitmain has spot order right now at 10500usd for the s19j 100th is this reasonable
Usually get hit with 13% tax and about 300usd for shipping
I contacted eastcoastmining and it’s 1000 usd more for the exact same thing ? Is there any benefit going thru them or are there other options right now ?

I purchased from bitmain before are they going under? Still reliable ?(only asking due to current Chinese laws on mining)

Any input from the good community would be appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1761

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 01:40:35 PM

I purchased from bitmain before are they going under? Still reliable ?(only asking due to current Chinese laws on mining)

Do Canadians believe in Chinese laws, I think it's far away, maybe it has nothing to do with the mining regulations in Canada and China.

If the Asic you bought at bitmain and if it is still good for use in mining why not continue to mine, at least you must know the rules of miners in canada.

I think you shouldn't have any doubts about the current Chinese law, as long as the Canadian government doesn't make any negative policies for miners.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2021, 01:48:08 PM

It seems Bitmain don't have an authorized reseller or distributor in Canada they only have two verified distributor but in Russia and Dubai.

I would suggest you don't deal with unknown websites for safety only buy directly to manufacturer or verified distributor.

About eastcoast mining check this post below.

-
really wish I would have seen all this before I spent my bitcoins there they deleted my orders are 2 months another to watch out for is eastcoastminers.com they are the same company and they will take your money

and George Wilkins is in UK and he runs both of these shady companys

I just found a site says report these bitcoin thefts to http://~snip~/

A UK-based digital forensic services firm, Systech, has begun offering a recovery service for lost and stolen bitcoins. The service is twofold: firstly, it will use its traditional forensic data recovery techniques to salvage coins from damaged hard drives. Secondly, it has also announced a tracing service for stolen bitcoins, which it hopes will enable victims to find out who tries to exchange stolen coins for fiat currency.

So be careful only to buy on Bitmain directly. Or find a marketplace with customer protection that can refund your money if you didn't receive or received a damaged product.
Sample newegg according to Bitmain that they sold most of their miner to newegg for reselling.

Also, check this one below if you can't find any stocks of s19 series you can buy other ASIC machine
- Current List of Competitive Hardware - January 2020

It's just optional if you can't find stocks

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
prpz (OP)

Activity: 81
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 04:03:13 PM

Do Canadians believe in Chinese laws, I think it's far away, maybe it has nothing to do with the mining regulations in Canada and China.

If the Asic you bought at bitmain and if it is still good for use in mining why not continue to mine, at least you must know the rules of miners in canada.

I think you shouldn't have any doubts about the current Chinese law, as long as the Canadian government doesn't make any negative policies for miners.

I no longer have the asic I bought it was too finicky
It also wouldn’t start properly in cold weather (in a basement with open window) I ended up getting it repaired mined with for a month and sold.
The only doubt or issue I had if China seized my bitmain order or shipment and I was SOL or bitmain took payment and never sent units and went under with a cash grab

I will stay away from eastcost only reason I emailed them was because someone on here recently said they had a good experience with them but you are right !

So safest bet buy directly from Bitmain

Any preference in terms or technology or development or reliability in the current s19j/s19pro lineup

bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 03:41:26 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2021, 04:39:36 AM by bigassboy

The S19 series pro 100, 104 and 110T are great!  So far its been stable and running without issues for me. I wouldn't say its same for the non pro 95T model  though. And yes, If you are comparing with the earlier 17 series models, the 19 is way better. One thing for sure no heatsink falling off issue. There are also a few reputable sellers from the "marketplace" area. You can save a lot on shipping and taxes by using their shipping services
danieleither

Activity: 204
Merit: 407

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 04:48:44 PM

I have 35 x S19 95T purchased in two batches. I'd say they are comparable to 17 series for problems unfortunately. I've had 2 x PSU failures and 6 x hashboard failures so far, one batch is 9 months old the other is 14 months old.

I've just ordered some S19J 100T direct from Bitmain so fingers crossed they are better than the standard 19 series!
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 19, 2021, 03:40:29 PM

Bitmain has them available on their website this morning for purchase. If you are concerned about getting scammed or ordering through an unfamiliar website I would just advise going straight through them. you could also try Kaboomracks. I have ordered through them with no issues. 
Xiff

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:13:02 PM

Any line to avoid? Is there a new miner around the corner (with the chip shortage )
I am from Canada so it’s impossible to find a local place that is trustworthy been working kijiji for a month but I don’t wanna buy something new at inflated prices and no warranty ? As bitmain only warranties the original purchaser per their website, is this correct ?
Bitmain has spot order right now at 10500usd for the s19j 100th is this reasonable
I contacted eastcoastmining and it’s 1000 usd more for the exact same thing ? Is there any benefit going thru them or are there other options right now ?

Hi! It's still available on official Bitmain site:
Antminer S19j Pro 104TH/s Spot Order
Hashrate: 104TH/s
Weight: 17kg
Shipping in 5 working days after fully paid
$11440.00

They will have a bigger price after few month because of low W per TH, so it's the best choice.
Due to the rise in the price of bitcoin, even the old ASICs are quite profitable, but if it drops to at least $ 48,000, most of the old ASICs will work at 0 or at a loss, so people will look for more profitable options, but at the moment it is s19j. I also saw the news today that Ipollo is launching 2 new miners, but I saw them on the Internet, but in reality, never.
MINER_STONE

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 12:53:12 PM

The quality of 17 series products is far inferior to that of S19 series products. The stability of the s19 pro 100 in the s19 series is very good. I specialize in second-hand miner machine trade. If you have any questions, you can contact me. You can buy a machine or not.
4SpaceMining

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2021, 10:32:03 PM

I would go with the higher THs if you can afford it. It will provide you with exponentially more money when you sell BTC in a few years. This only holds true if your goal is to hodl until it reaches 6 figures.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 07, 2022, 08:52:15 PM

LOL - scam.

2 month old aliyun registered web site that says they've served 20,000+ customers and $1000 million sales.

You can buy it from our website
www.miners-bitcoin.com

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: