Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:43:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A month now since Cardano Alonzo Fork - did it meet your expectations?  (Read 239 times)
Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 01:07:50 PM

So you think that Cardano has the potential to take over ETH? More likely than other competitors like Solana or Polkadot?
Cardano, Solana, and Polkadot will not be able to take over ETH in the near future even though all three of them already have their own Blockchain in cryptocurrency, because ETH is neither a strange coin nor a coin that has no selling value in cryptocurrency, so this is very competitive competition hard for the three of them.
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 28
Merit: 25

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2021, 08:28:23 PM

Buy the rumor, sell the news. When you see rumor and can verify it with development history or recent activities in development of a project, you can believe in the rumor and do accumulation.

When the news is out, it is time to sell. If it is a news about an event on 15 October and price moves up to much one or two weeks before 15 October, you can sell and take profit. If price moves up like that before events, I am sure it won't rise more on and after the event date.

So the main point is: What's the primary value of Cardano, which defines its price? Technological lead or just speculation?

I am fan of thinking it is technological lead, because when Cardano solves the main issues Ethereum suffers from and constitutes a next development level of blockchain, it may well get a lot of natural demand. And then rumors won't be neccessary to push its price.
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2021, 08:31:55 PM

So you think that Cardano has the potential to take over ETH? More likely than other competitors like Solana or Polkadot?
Cardano, Solana, and Polkadot will not be able to take over ETH in the near future even though all three of them already have their own Blockchain in cryptocurrency, because ETH is neither a strange coin nor a coin that has no selling value in cryptocurrency, so this is very competitive competition hard for the three of them.

If Ethereum doesn't solve its GAS fee issue, it might well become a stumbling block for it.
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2044
Merit: 942

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2021, 04:55:53 AM

If Ethereum doesn't solve its GAS fee issue, it might well become a stumbling block for it.

yes it is but ethereum itself right know developing eth 2.0 with the PoS system like all 3 coin mention above maybe ETH will have second chance and not going to down below 3 in top position marketplace

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2021, 08:09:01 AM

Charles Hoskinson said, that Afrika will be a major market for Cardano Tokens and Smart Contracts, because it is cheap and fast. And therefore he will have a meeting with start-ups troughout Africa to discuss the possibilities of using Cardano in their business.

Hoskinson meant, that Africa needs a safe and strong financial system and fairness, which is guaranteed by smart contracts.

ADA is in the red for a few weeks now, so I expect the African meetings results of Hoskinson to initiate a new rise in price.

In the meanwhile I'll keep bravely staking my ADA. Smiley
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 08:42:45 AM

Charles Hoskinson said, that Afrika will be a major market for Cardano Tokens and Smart Contracts, because it is cheap and fast. And therefore he will have a meeting with start-ups troughout Africa to discuss the possibilities of using Cardano in their business.

Hoskinson meant, that Africa needs a safe and strong financial system and fairness, which is guaranteed by smart contracts.

ADA is in the red for a few weeks now, so I expect the African meetings results of Hoskinson to initiate a new rise in price.

I hope that can happen for ADA. After the upgrade, ADA is still too far from my expectations because I guess the price can be more than $10 in a short time. But it seems, in this situation, ADA needs to wait and see because bitcoin already breaks $62k, which can be a good time for the altcoin such as ADA to follow increase. The price is still undervalued for ADA so we can buy more and I think staking ADA can help us earn more rewards in ADA. But is there any minimum amount to stake ADA? I am interested in trying and I already download Yoroi wallet as I read in an article, Yoroi wallet support for staking ADA.
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2021, 09:06:17 AM

I hope that can happen for ADA. After the upgrade, ADA is still too far from my expectations because I guess the price can be more than $10 in a short time. But it seems, in this situation, ADA needs to wait and see because bitcoin already breaks $62k, which can be a good time for the altcoin such as ADA to follow increase. The price is still undervalued for ADA so we can buy more and I think staking ADA can help us earn more rewards in ADA. But is there any minimum amount to stake ADA? I am interested in trying and I already download Yoroi wallet as I read in an article, Yoroi wallet support for staking ADA.

No, I think there is no minimum amount, as I started staking with around 100 ADA, but your reward will be ridiculous. When you start staking, you need to wait 3 weeks until your stake is mature, then you will start earning rewards.

It also depends on choosing the right staking pool, as some pools charge extra fees, some don't but have less performance and some are "overmature". Here you have got an overview about the available staking pools: https://cardanoscan.io/pools

Of course, you can also set up your own staking/staking pool, but you will need the neccessary technological experience and a lot of ADA (1m and up) for having a chance to compete.

You can also search the internet for HowTos on Cardano staking. That's how I learned, what to do for successful staking.

In any case, the Yoroi wallet is the first choice for staking, because it has a built in staking pool overview, where you can easily delegate your ADA for staking and it is easy to handle and fast.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 776

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 10:54:03 AM

When it comes to demand then theres no denial that ETH does have really have more than compared on other blockchains or projects out there but doesnt mean that they are totally shit.

Just like on what been said by others that not all Forks would really be having significant impact or price and most likely the effects can be seen on long term.

Yeah, but I don't think that the market will tolerate the crazy GAS fees this demand is causing in the ETH chain. Vitalik promised a lot for London fork, as said before, but I don't see any impact on the fees.

So how long until the market will look for alternatives?
For sure there are lots of projects/blockchain owners would definitely trying out to solve out these problems specially on high gas fees and thats why we do see forks or updates that do happen on certain

coins/tokens.Some of them solve out that problem or havent still seen the effects due to lack of recognition because the common problem do happens when there is much too volume that do happen

in the network which it cant really be handled out.We've seen several coins that do its job done well but still not really as great with those top coins in the market.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 11:08:35 AM

What kind of stumbling block ? try to tell me more fully because what you see now is that Ethereum is still experiencing an unstoppable price increase, so that expensive fees don't seem to have any effect on Ethereum.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 08:33:27 PM

For sure there are lots of projects/blockchain owners would definitely trying out to solve out these problems specially on high gas fees and thats why we do see forks or updates that do happen on certain

coins/tokens.Some of them solve out that problem or havent still seen the effects due to lack of recognition because the common problem do happens when there is much too volume that do happen

in the network which it cant really be handled out.We've seen several coins that do its job done well but still not really as great with those top coins in the market.
I believe that if you are really trying to build a project based on ADA blockchain then you are not going to be making any type of profit at all for now, however you are going to make that profit in the future. Let's get real for a second here and say the truth that ADA is not doing something that would be amazing in the short run, the fork didn't work as perfectly as we hoped for and the projects are still waiting for some fixing or they are doing loopholes and all that.

However, it is obvious that ADA is on the right path and I believe that they have development team that is better than most other projects and this is why I believe that they will be doing better, and getting in now means that you will be profiting a lot more in the future when things are better.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 01:51:44 AM

Sometimes expectations don't match reality, Obviously it's not as hype before cardano had smart contracts than it is now which has smart contracts. I personally have never known a booming project on the surface running on the cardano blockchain. therefore it seems like the devs prefer the smart contracts on Binance which have been mass adopted over cardano which makes it seem like it's running in place.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 04:05:26 AM

No, I think there is no minimum amount, as I started staking with around 100 ADA, but your reward will be ridiculous. When you start staking, you need to wait 3 weeks until your stake is mature, then you will start earning rewards.

It also depends on choosing the right staking pool, as some pools charge extra fees, some don't but have less performance and some are "overmature". Here you have got an overview about the available staking pools: https://cardanoscan.io/pools

Of course, you can also set up your own staking/staking pool, but you will need the neccessary technological experience and a lot of ADA (1m and up) for having a chance to compete.

You can also search the internet for HowTos on Cardano staking. That's how I learned, what to do for successful staking.

In any case, the Yoroi wallet is the first choice for staking, because it has a built in staking pool overview, where you can easily delegate your ADA for staking and it is easy to handle and fast.
Woah, that will be too long to see the stake is mature and start earning rewards. What pool do you suggest for newbies and how if I start with 100-500 ADA? How if we choose one pool, let say ADAPools and then in the next weeks, we select Swan pool? Do we need to wait for 3 weeks later to start earning rewards?

I tried to search from the internet about the pool staking and I have been suggested to use ADAOZ and ADAPool. But I am not yet select one of them because I need to find out more details. But I think ADAPool.
zaim7413

Activity: 1274
Merit: 337

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 05:09:16 AM

Sometimes expectations don't match reality, Obviously it's not as hype before cardano had smart contracts than it is now which has smart contracts. I personally have never known a booming project on the surface running on the cardano blockchain. therefore it seems like the devs prefer the smart contracts on Binance which have been mass adopted over cardano which makes it seem like it's running in place.
The project developers also looked at things very carefully so that they would not randomly choose smart contracts to place in their new tokens, and in general BSC is better known and also preferred because the network was born from Binance which is also very popular in the cryptocurrency space.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1890

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2021, 09:08:07 AM

Or is it, because of the general tense situation on the crypto market, where BTC was already expected to be on 100,000 USD?

What can we expect from Cardano during the following weeks, months? Your opinions and analyses are welcome.  Smiley

I think that this is the main reason, the general situation in the market is unstable so far due to the instability of Bitcoin, the Dominance ratio of Bitcoin on the market is 46% and Ethereum is 18%, this is equivalent to 64% of the market value, which gives a very weak chance for the movement of Altcoin, we have to wait a bit until The Dominance ratio of Bitcoin and Ethereum will fall, and then we will see a very big price jump for Altcoin, and I think Cardano will have a large share of this rise, and I expect its price to soar higher.

PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2021, 10:43:33 AM

Woah, that will be too long to see the stake is mature and start earning rewards. What pool do you suggest for newbies and how if I start with 100-500 ADA? How if we choose one pool, let say ADAPools and then in the next weeks, we select Swan pool? Do we need to wait for 3 weeks later to start earning rewards?

I tried to search from the internet about the pool staking and I have been suggested to use ADAOZ and ADAPool. But I am not yet select one of them because I need to find out more details. But I think ADAPool.

No, you don't need to wait a second time, when changing the pool. It is just for the first time to make your stake address a valid stake address.

I have delegated to this pool at the moment as it is low in fees and has a good performance so far: https://www.wastaking.xyz/

There are a few parameters you need to regard when you decide for a pool:

• Saturation: the older the pool, the less rewards it generates. )This is a measure of Cardano to prevent "whale pools", which could "centralize" the chain and make it sort of dependend like other chains, where big miners have more than 30% of the volume. When a pool reaches its saturation, it generates a lot less revenues so most pools close the pool and set up a new one, which prevents this "centralization" I mentioned before.)
  • ROA (annual return): guessed reward percentage for your staked capital in one year. The higher, the better.
  • ROA Livetime: average reward percentage for your staked capital on the calculated saturation lifetime of the pool. The higher, the better.
  • Live Stake: the present active amount of staked ADA. The higher, the more weight and reward probability the pool has got.
  • Active Stake: the present delegated amount of staked ADA, including ADA, which will get mature the next epoch (as I said, around 4 weeks for newly generated stake addresses. The higher, the more you see, how attractive the pool is for new delegated stakes.
  • Pledge: the amount of ADA the founder of the pool stakes himself. The higher, the more you see how much efforts and trust the founder of the pool himself gives its own pool.
  • Margin: the percentage of fee the pool founder will take for running the pool. 0% is preferable.
  • Fixed Cost: the fixed amount of ADA the pool founder takes for himself from the rewards. The rest is split between the delegating members of the pool according to their delegated amount of ADA in the pool. This is mostly around 340 ADA and every pool takes it, which is to cover their fees for running server and managing and promoting the pool
  • Live Stake: the present active amount of staked ADA. The higher, the more weight and reward probability the pool has got.
  • Last rewards: here you can see how good the pools performance has been in the last staking epoch (1 epoch = 1 week).
  • Estimated Blocks in Whole Epoch: a guess, how much blocks (and rewards) the pool will generate in the present epoch.
  • Block Trend: grapical performance analysis of the pool. See link below.
  • Lifetime Blocks: the amount of blocks the pool has generated since it was deployed.
  • Lifetime Luck: the general "luck" the pool has in finding blocks. More than 100% are preferrable.
  • Pool Owners: the amount of pool owners on whom the margin and fixed cost are split.
  • Pledge Leverage: ratio between total stake and operator pledge. A high leverage is indicative of a stake pool operator with very little "skin" in the game.
  • Claimed pool: this is an official pool correctly claimed by pool founders.

Here you can see an example for above explained pool parameters: https://adapools.org/pool/1b268f4cba3faa7e36d8a0cc4adca2096fb856119412ee7330f692b5

If you have got any other questions, just ask.  Smiley
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 11:22:58 AM

in my opinion cardano and their smart contract it gonna be huge right know maybe there first time launch like ethereum or binance smart chain when first launch if the dapp going up maybe cardano will above the expectations beside that cardano still on the top 10 so we just need wait
In any case, you need to wait until the ethereum network is also updated. After all, high hopes were pinned on ethereum due to its unprecedented update. However, so far, we also do not particularly observe the growth in the price of this coin. Of course, users are still unhappy with high transactions and this fact overshadows her other achievements with the update, which has been going on for about a year. Only after a complete update of ethereum will it be possible to compare all these altcoins in the top ten of CoinMarketCap.
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2021, 08:43:24 PM

By the way, have you all looked at the present top Caradano smart contract projects?

I found a brief overview about the most interesting projects (realized ones and also projects currently in development): https://cardanofeed.com/top-projects-on-cardano-smart-contracts-on-the-verge-to-boom-in-the-market-9360.html

I, for my part, like the already working NFT-marketplace CNFT.
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2021, 10:20:43 AM

Although currently Cardano has become an alternative as long as Ethereum is experiencing a very expensive increase in transaction fees, but Cardano will never be able to take over ETH in the near future even though the project will continue to be developed, because so far ETH has gained high popularity and very strong fundamentals among other altcoins.

But Cardano is slowly closing up and issuing more and more projects (like I wrote above). If people already switch to BNB (see the current BNB price increase) because of the insane ETH transaction fees, I believe they would also like to switch to other alternatives, if ETH does not something fast about its fees.
Webetcoins

Activity: 1960
Merit: 540

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 19, 2021, 09:58:18 PM

People imagine that every single update will be something that would be profitable for the coins we buy, it is not always there to make profit, it is there to make it better but just being better doesn't mean that it will be higher price neither. I honestly do believe that SOL has one of the best blockchains in the world, it is honestly amazing, is it the first coin in the ranking? It is obviously not and it will never be first if you ask me as well. Which is a proof that better blockchain doesn't equal to being better overall neither.

This is why we should not be expecting ADA to grow because of Alonzo fork neither, it is better for sure, could be even better because it was not as good as expected, but it is also not a reason to be high suddenly neither.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
PUTinCoinProject (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2021, 10:29:50 PM

People imagine that every single update will be something that would be profitable for the coins we buy, it is not always there to make profit, it is there to make it better but just being better doesn't mean that it will be higher price neither. I honestly do believe that SOL has one of the best blockchains in the world, it is honestly amazing, is it the first coin in the ranking? It is obviously not and it will never be first if you ask me as well. Which is a proof that better blockchain doesn't equal to being better overall neither.

This is why we should not be expecting ADA to grow because of Alonzo fork neither, it is better for sure, could be even better because it was not as good as expected, but it is also not a reason to be high suddenly neither.

So, for example, the current ETH price is not based on its technology? And BNB is also soaring. Is this just manipulation from big whales and Binance?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: