Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL is the way  (Read 585 times)
Huppercase

Activity: 770
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 03:48:35 PM

Market has change, unlike before when we used to have a bull run where everyone sell off and start over again but now things have changed, institutional have taken over and wouldn't want to tank price like it do happen in the past.
Now that we have all learn our lessons for selling for a penny, buy now and hold for more years, you will enjoy the benefits of Hodl.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
XUR_TIP

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 06:09:11 PM

I'm guessing that's your first experience as a newbie and the fact is we all have to survive first before thinking about holding coins, to hold peacefully for a long term you have to make sure the money you use for investment isn't from your daily survival money, make sure you have a job secured that you can live on, lot having a source of incoming and holding is a bad idea

CryptoCraze11

Activity: 142
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 06:43:37 PM

There are two things in crypto one of trading while other is HODLing. While trading is not for everyone, its only for experienced people. On the other hand HODL is just for people who have patience. Just buy on dip and relax, you don't have to take any tension if you have bought your coin at right dip. HODLers rarely cry for loss. DYOR before chosing any of this strategy.

██   ██████████████         1xBit.com     |     BENEFIT SEASON          ██████████████  ██
7 B T C   W E L C O M E   B O N U S
██                       P L A Y   N O W                       ██
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1456
Merit: 683

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 11:09:59 PM

It is obvious that it is good to hold coin. In the atmosphere of bitcoin the means of holding coin has made people rich or wealthy. In my own perceptive it is good to hold coins or token but the problem is weather you are holding a scam coin that will not prosper in the future of cryptocurrency. So before you will start yo hold many coins you have to totally investigate the coin and know the purpose in the forum or in the cryptocurrency world. It is better that you will hold bitcoin so that you will not regret in tge future

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 11:42:40 PM

Having patience and a strong grip to hold your coins for a long period of time is a very good way to get a jackpot. Imagine the quantity of DOGE held at that time, being sold at when the price came to the highs of $7, that would have been on a strong profit that will still be celebrated, or the ETH.
Holding coins that are of great potentials for the long run is one thing that patience can bring forward in this crypto market. Patience is a key to infinity profits in this system, though, at times it is being said not to be greedy. To a point get out some of the profits and get other coins for diversification of assets, so when there is a deep, you have something out.
Bitcoin is really a coin to be held for the very long run in the crypto market, as it's adoption is growing heavily with lots of backers and supporters round the world.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 01:09:13 AM

HODL, HODL and HODL, as hard as this looks this is simply the way, all you need is lots of patience after DYOR on the coins or tokens, if you want to judge HODL just sit back and look at the past coins you sold, see?
Its not easy to hold especially if you're just relying with the possible income of that investment. Unless if the money you invest is not meant for important things and you also have other resources to earn money. Holding is really profitable if you invest in bitcoin and other established coins. It will certainly pays off in time if you have patience. However its only for those who can bear seeing the market declining at times and able to refrain themselves to sell.

1. In 2016 I had 1million doge coin ( sold in 2019)
2. In 2017 I owned 12 ETH ( sold in 2019)
3. I bought YOUC aka YouEngine over 1million pieces which was 0.0003$ and today it's 0.65$
We dont know what lies ahead thus its understandable if we have regrets for selling early, however it happened already so move on. But you gain from it right? So I think its enough just look forward that you wont repeat the same decision for not waiting further.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 09:28:04 AM

Definitely HODL those shitcoins...  Wink

In 2012, I mined about 2500 FTC, then worth about $25, because it was lighter than litecoin and was going to dominate. Now after 8 years, its worth about $6.
In 2013, I bought about 10 AUR for around $300, because it was going to be airdropped in Iceland, Now it's worth about $0.30.
In 2014, I bought 100 XPY for about $1000 because the developer set a price floor. The developer went to prison and now it's worth about $1.

Many years ago I mined a dozen different altcoins on Multipool including NVC, TRC, MOON, WDC, ... None of them are worth anything now.
Well, it can't all be gloom. I believe there are some too that you hEdl and they gave you great ROI. Life itself doesn't bestow on us only good things. We should recognize that there are also things that make us sorrowful along the way. After all, it's said that life isn't a bed of roses and that even among roses there are torns. I also have my fair share of tokens I hedl that became worthless before my eyes. However, that isn't denying the fact that a few that I hedl also brought me great pleasure. Dogecoin is one of such.

If OP decides to hodl without any plan of trading their coins for a while, it will better to stake them and earn extra on them. Staking while hodling is better than just hodling.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1049

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2021, 11:22:55 AM

Having patience and a strong grip to hold your coins for a long period of time is a very good way to get a jackpot. Imagine the quantity of DOGE held at that time, being sold at when the price came to the highs of $7, that would have been on a strong profit that will still be celebrated, or the ETH.
Holding coins that are of great potentials for the long run is one thing that patience can bring forward in this crypto market. Patience is a key to infinity profits in this system, though, at times it is being said not to be greedy. To a point get out some of the profits and get other coins for diversification of assets, so when there is a deep, you have something out.
Bitcoin is really a coin to be held for the very long run in the crypto market, as it's adoption is growing heavily with lots of backers and supporters round the world.
Yes, holding requires alot of patience. But apart from patience and discipline by the holder, there are other factors such as;
1. How to determine if actually you are holding the right coin: It pains when you invest and hope for something that will in the end turn worthless.
2. When the need for money arises. You cannot be holding and have some financial challenges. You will need to ask yourself "what am I even holding for"

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 12:55:39 PM

There are also people who bought thousands of Dogecoin at the peak @$0.74 and now they worth 30% of the investment. So, don't forget the other side of HODL shitcoins, any coin other than bitcoin. You will have the risk of losing your investment.
This is a lame advice, I've made over 30,000$ from crypto and 90% of the money is from altcoins not BTC, altcoins gives me more profits than bitcoin, people who buy coins like avalanche, polkadot, matic, and other NFT coins like axie infinity made insane money more than they'd made from BTC

Awaklara

Activity: 1078
Merit: 665

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 01:03:36 PM

Yes, holding requires alot of patience. But apart from patience and discipline by the holder, there are other factors such as;

1. How to determine if actually you are holding the right coin: It pains when you invest and hope for something that will in the end turn worthless.

2. When the need for money arises. You cannot be holding and have some financial challenges. You will need to ask yourself "what am I even holding for"

I think that's also true. This reminds me of the first time I invested in coin (A) that ended up losing money holding onto a coin that had no supply or demand in the market, was abandoned by the developer and felt like a dead coin. I am talking about my bad experience in the past.

Regarding point 2. for me personally, it is a difficult challenge to make a decision in every choice. when pressed for economic needs, do not have any savings left, then inevitably I take the option by selling some of the assets and holding some for a certain period of time or at least until I can actually return half of the asset coins sold.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 01:31:52 PM

The key to trading is patience. If you have that amount of patience then everything will be possible in the crypt. The coins you have mentioned are really very profitable. So be patient so that there is no financial crisis. But again, didn't need your money. If you had, you would have sold it.
Then you can benefit by holding.It is basically for your patience.

I think you meant by investing? Trading may require patience but you have to prevent yourself from being too greedy by waiting out too much. Once you see the prices of your coins increase, you have to decide whether to sell or to keep them. Generally, whenever I see a 3-5% increase on the coins that I have, I sell them and re-purchase some new coins and add them to my portfolio.

Investing, on the other hand, requires tremendous amounts of patience. Like here in cryptocurrencies, your best guide will always be the price history index of BTC. Just imagine, its price increased by 10% this week. Though some have argued to sell, most are convinced to HODL for long-term.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2021, 07:28:49 PM

The key to trading is patience. If you have that amount of patience then everything will be possible in the crypt. The coins you have mentioned are really very profitable. So be patient so that there is no financial crisis. But again, didn't need your money. If you had, you would have sold it.
Then you can benefit by holding.It is basically for your patience.

I think you meant by investing? Trading may require patience but you have to prevent yourself from being too greedy by waiting out too much. Once you see the prices of your coins increase, you have to decide whether to sell or to keep them. Generally, whenever I see a 3-5% increase on the coins that I have, I sell them and re-purchase some new coins and add them to my portfolio.

Investing, on the other hand, requires tremendous amounts of patience. Like here in cryptocurrencies, your best guide will always be the price history index of BTC. Just imagine, its price increased by 10% this week. Though some have argued to sell, most are convinced to HODL for long-term.
Agree with are you're saying, investing requires a lot of patience because you invested on that project because you know they will grow but sometimes it takes a lot of time before it grows. Investing on a project takes at least weeks or months. Investing means you need to HODL for a long term, it's also a life saving for you because that's a money that will be withdrawn if that coin perform a new ATH. History repeats itself and I always note that Q4 is always the month where BTC goes higher, it's a recover or a new ATH.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 18, 2021, 07:55:12 PM

~
This.
I got a bit lucky from the tokens that I held in my MEW in 2017, and good thing that I knew how to sell them before they turned into a shitcoin. Never bothered holding any other coins after that incident. Cheesy
Now all those coins sold turned into Bitcoin and I had never regretted any single satoshi bought.
Marykeller

Activity: 1078
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2021, 10:18:50 PM

HODL, HODL and HODL, as hard as this looks this is simply the way, all you need is lots of patience after DYOR on the coins or tokens, if you want to judge HODL just sit back and look at the past coins you sold, see? There will always the kings among them isn't it? Here is my painful experience and lessons

1. In 2016 I had 1million doge coin ( sold in 2019)
2. In 2017 I owned 12 ETH ( sold in 2019)
3. I bought YOUC aka YouEngine over 1million pieces which was 0.0003$ and today it's 0.65$

There are other coins I sold too early for example PYR at 2$ and it's now 9$, though I need the money at the time and my mistakes is I sold all instead of leaving some parts behind
The road to success in crypto is hodling the right coin and being patient enough while you hodl. Although the market can seem unpredictable at times but having the potential coins in your portfolio there will be no cause for alarm cos it will end up giving the right profits if only you can be patient and optimistic

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2021, 07:38:37 AM

~snip~.
Sometimes people try to hold on to some coins, but they don't know when to sell them. Because it's not always true, hold is the best way. Of course the most correct is to hold and have a target to release it, that would be better in my opinion. After that, if you are sure of the coins you released, then you can buy them again after a correction, because I believe that for every increase there must be a correction.
Anguwa

Activity: 714
Merit: 30

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 01:11:18 PM

One of the main and important thing about crypto trading is patience, once someone can be patient to hold a crypto coin, he/she will be suppressed. There are many crypto coin that one was to live, but unfortunately sold out due to financial situation, and now watch that same crypto coin pump more than 5x the price you sold it out. Holding is really important and has been generating more profit in cryptocurrency world.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Patigi

Activity: 476
Merit: 3

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 08:38:31 PM

With my little experience holding is the best way, especially for holding for a long period of time. When you can hold a bitcoin or some even altcoin coins for long time there are always a probability that the coins will surely increase in their price for example l bought Bitcoin worth of 200$ when the price was still at $30k and  I have been holding for more than a year now.so with the current price have make some profit and if I can leave it for good five years will surely make it more than my expectation. In fact see those  that hold doge coin for long time, their are now a millionaire some are billionaire. So I believe hodl is the way

██        TridentProtocol.com    │    HIGH FIXED APY 382,945%        ██
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:19:31 PM

we all keep making the same mistakes. we never know what coming for us. i can't count the number of altcoins that I sold very cheap and they blow up within months. uniswap, you, FRM, Dogecoin and avalanche. i was lucky to buy AVE infinity. i think that is the only bag I am holding and It was a good investment. i tried holding ORN but it is not making any good move.

TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 11:13:35 PM

If crypto investing is not paying your bills, then holding on and not selling is the way to go. I mean, why not see where things will go. I understand that some people don't have that luxury and have to withdraw their investments every now end then, but if you don't just hold on to it, this is just the begining. 

Rengga Jati

Activity: 1988
Merit: 624

ROLLBIT > Crypto's Most Rewarding Casino

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 11:33:44 PM

Exactly hold is the way, if we rwally pick the right coin. but if we pick the wrong coins based on pump and dump, it is very risky and may not b able to turn our capital.
That is why if we mean to Hold coins, whatever it is, we must analyze surely that the coin will really have big potential and survival in the future, moroever crossing the bearish time and heading to bullish era.
Just watch out, be more careful and wiser whatever we are doing here, for holding or even trading.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████