Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox issues  (Read 4049 times)
unsquidly (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:18:02 PM

Well...It looks like my Mt Gox account was hacked and since I have gotten no response from MtGox in about a week on this issue I am assuming that they are not going to do anything about it.....I have tried the "recover my password" on their site several times and have not gotten any emails....All I get when i try to log in is invaild password which I know I have the correct password....Anyone else have or have had this same issue with them?  if so, any tips on what I can do to get the problem resolved?  Be nice if there was a way to contact them that they would actually respond to...... I am only a small time miner due lack of $ for larger equipment and I was stupid and had my entire life savings of BTC in my MtGox account....Might not seem like much to most of you but 10BTC takes me awhile to mine with my miner...

On that note, not begging but if anyone feels like helping a brother out send to here:  18yW4SFefrAGgaSg2o4WZf8CtRAUQCWvbw

Thanks 
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mckoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 08:25:29 PM

I'm not seeing a problem logging in... Undecided
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:37:27 PM

Be nice if there was a way to contact them that they would actually respond to......

Are you saying that you already opened a ticket and the ticket has not received a response?
  https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:46:55 PM

Be nice if there was a way to contact them that they would actually respond to......

Are you saying that you already opened a ticket and the ticket has not received a response?
  https://support.mtgox.com/anonymous_requests/new

I opened a ticket last week end when I was unable to log into my account.....The only response I recieved back from them told me to do the "recover password" part on their website.....I responded back to them and told them that I had and had not gotten the password email from them.....I have not heard anything back from them since and I have emailed them about 6 or so times over this past week about this issue.....I can't get them to respond back with what my next step is to be able to access or just close my account and recover my funds and BTC I had there.....

I have since opened a Trade Hill account and that is what I will be using from now on due to MtGox doing me the way that they are doing me on this issue.....

I just opened up another ticket on this same issue today to see if that helps...
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 12:28:42 AM

responded back to them and told them that I had and had not gotten the password email from them.....I have not heard anything back from them since and I have emailed them about 6 or so times over this past week about this issue.....I can't get them to respond back with what my next step is

When it appears that I am missing messages that I should have received i check my spam folder and more often than not ... that's where the messages ended up.  Perhaps that is what is occurring?

You might wish to, in the followup ticket, ask Mt. Gox support to confirm that the e-mail address you think is associated with your username is still intact as if it has been changed, then that would explain why the reset password message isn't making it to you.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:32:25 PM

responded back to them and told them that I had and had not gotten the password email from them.....I have not heard anything back from them since and I have emailed them about 6 or so times over this past week about this issue.....I can't get them to respond back with what my next step is

When it appears that I am missing messages that I should have received i check my spam folder and more often than not ... that's where the messages ended up.  Perhaps that is what is occurring?

You might wish to, in the followup ticket, ask Mt. Gox support to confirm that the e-mail address you think is associated with your username is still intact as if it has been changed, then that would explain why the reset password message isn't making it to you.

I always check my spam folder and nothing there from MtGox....As for the second ticket and asking them to confirm my email, I opened a second ticket and it wa close with the only response from MtGox saying that it was a duplicate ticket....I have not heard anything more from them and I have sent them more emails.....What a piece of shit company they are....Hopefully enough people read this and move their accounts to TradeHill or another "on the up and up" trading site.....
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:37:01 AM

Well...It looks like my Mt Gox account was hacked and since I have gotten no response from MtGox in about a week on this issue I am assuming that they are not going to do anything about it.....

Due to an ongoing criminal investigation directly related to your account, we are unable to provide any details at this point. You'll receive an update once more information are required or if the investigation ends.
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 02:30:53 PM

Well...It looks like my Mt Gox account was hacked and since I have gotten no response from MtGox in about a week on this issue I am assuming that they are not going to do anything about it.....

Due to an ongoing criminal investigation directly related to your account, we are unable to provide any details at this point. You'll receive an update once more information are required or if the investigation ends.

This is Bull shit......I should not have to use this form to get you guys at MtGox to respond to me.....Nice customer service, MtGox....Mean while, I still can't access my account and don't really have a clue what is going on with it....Nice job.....NOT
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 07, 2011, 09:33:55 PM

yep guys he's laundering 10 BTC! Get him!

(BFL)^2 < 0
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:16:54 AM

Wow.  So much for confidentiality.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:36:36 AM

You would think a much better response would have been:  Check your PM.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 08, 2011, 03:38:48 AM

You would think a much better response would have been:  Check your PM.

Yep.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2011, 12:24:52 AM

This is Bull shit......I should not have to use this form to get you guys at MtGox to respond to me.....Nice customer service, MtGox....Mean while, I still can't access my account and don't really have a clue what is going on with it....Nice job.....NOT

Its not bullshit, stop complaining.

I talk to MtGox customer service every night Go to irc.freenode.net, join #MtGox and Query one of the admins or mods (MagicalTux, ect..)
If you query during Japanese business hours, someone will respond within minutes.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 09, 2011, 02:23:41 PM

The same thing happened to my personal account today. I have a few thousand USD in my account and now I can't access my own money. No message from mtgox, nothing. Looks like my account has been deleted.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 02:48:19 AM

The same thing happened to my personal account today. I have a few thousand USD in my account and now I can't access my own money. No message from mtgox, nothing. Looks like my account has been deleted.

Hi, did you open a ticket that we can check this out? If so could you please give me the ticket number (here or PM, as you like) that I can check this further? (All answer will to this will be replied via our support platform)

Regards

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 12, 2011, 09:02:31 PM

Yes I did, now I know what the situation is. Basically what happened is that I voulanterely decided to verify my account, so I sent you the scans, you didn't like the scan quality and disabled my account.

My mistake, I should have never decided to verify the account and all would be ok.

To everybody reading this: Never try to verify an account that has positive balance. If there is anything wrong with the scans, they will disable your withdrawal options. But hey, you can still deposit new money, that part works just fine, lol.
marhjan

Activity: 215
Merit: 105

Poorer than I ought to be

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 01:53:26 AM

I just want to vouch for Unsquidly as an honest person in this thread.  If any sort of criminal activity is occurring with his account, I am quite sure it was by others.

Also - I would echo the fact that his laundry should not have been publicly aired.

Donations happily accepted @ 15qxNsc7pBiz5kXpAJykw4etzMbZitm2mk
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:37:54 AM

Yes I did, now I know what the situation is. Basically what happened is that I voulanterely decided to verify my account, so I sent you the scans, you didn't like the scan quality and disabled my account.

My mistake, I should have never decided to verify the account and all would be ok.

To everybody reading this: Never try to verify an account that has positive balance. If there is anything wrong with the scans, they will disable your withdrawal options. But hey, you can still deposit new money, that part works just fine, lol.

You have to understand that it is important to get scan and other documents in perfect quality to make sure who's who, also remember that this measure is to make sure that the BTC and other assets are handed to the correct persons. I am sure that if you send us proper documents everything will be in order.

PS I you can't imagine how many fake or expired document we receive from people and sometimes for the same account! So please understand that our goal here is to protect you, nothing else
PS II Send me your Ticket Number via PM and I'll check personally this matter.

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:41:50 AM

Well....Week three of this whole deal and still no word from MtGox as to when, if ever, I will have access to my account and my BTC again.....This is bull shit customer service....No emails, pms on here or anything except their litte bits of "lip service" on this and a couple of other threads.....

How about an update, MtGox and maybe let's try something a little more private this time.....
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:46:14 AM

Well....Week three of this whole deal and still no word from MtGox as to when, if ever, I will have access to my account and my BTC again.....This is bull shit customer service....No emails, pms on here or anything except their litte bits of "lip service" on this and a couple of other threads.....

How about an update, MtGox and maybe let's try something a little more private this time.....

Send me your ticket number by PM to reconfirm the situation.

Regards

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: