Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:04:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox issues  (Read 4049 times)
unsquidly (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:01:27 AM

Well....Week three of this whole deal and still no word from MtGox as to when, if ever, I will have access to my account and my BTC again.....This is bull shit customer service....No emails, pms on here or anything except their litte bits of "lip service" on this and a couple of other threads.....

How about an update, MtGox and maybe let's try something a little more private this time.....

Send me your ticket number by PM to reconfirm the situation.

Regards
PM Sent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:16:56 AM

Well....Week three of this whole deal and still no word from MtGox as to when, if ever, I will have access to my account and my BTC again.....This is bull shit customer service....No emails, pms on here or anything except their litte bits of "lip service" on this and a couple of other threads.....

How about an update, MtGox and maybe let's try something a little more private this time.....

Regards
PM Sent

Ok, Thank you, we've checked, again, and we can only re-confirm what MagicalTux said to you last time. So basically we will contact you once the situation has been cleared by the authorities one way or another.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:28:26 AM

Regards
PM Sent

Ok, Thank you, we've checked, again, and we can only re-confirm what MagicalTux said to you last time. So basically we will contact you once the situation has been cleared by the authorities one way or another.

This shit just keeps getting better....Now I am being told that their is a problem with the documents that I sent them....I am sure there is a problem with them since I have not sent them any documents......No one ahs asked me to send MtGox anything so I have not.....Do you guys at MtGox have any clue how to run this business?
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:42:14 AM

We are now checking all activities on your account, give us some more time that we can get into the bottom of this.

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 03:50:10 AM

We are now checking all activities on your account, give us some more time that we can get into the bottom of this.

Seems to me like you guys have had plenty of time already....I have told you what happened....Should not be all that hard to look at what email address is attached to the account and read what I have sent you and see that my account has been hacked and the email address has been changed to one that is not mine....I am sure that what ever BTC I had in there is long gone by now also since you guys have taken so long to act on this.....
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 08:15:55 AM

FIY regarding unsquidly's matter, the problem has been located we will not comment further on this matter on the forum, but the investigation will continue and be focused on the person or the group of person involved in this and we hope to quickly restore unsquidly's account shortly.

unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 02:19:38 PM

OK...So....MtGox finally agrees with me that my account was hacked....It seems that the hacker provided them with a forged US passport and maybe some other documentation that was either fake or forged....Not bad....It only took them about three weeks to figure this out....LOL...Not let's see how long it takes them to get me access to my account again....I wonder how long this processes would have taken if I had not called them out in the forums?  This is no way to run a business....

I will keep this thread updated as I get more information from MtGox for anyone that is interested...
chungenhung
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 08:14:28 PM

OK...So....MtGox finally agrees with me that my account was hacked....It seems that the hacker provided them with a forged US passport and maybe some other documentation that was either fake or forged....Not bad....It only took them about three weeks to figure this out....LOL...Not let's see how long it takes them to get me access to my account again....I wonder how long this processes would have taken if I had not called them out in the forums?  This is no way to run a business....

I will keep this thread updated as I get more information from MtGox for anyone that is interested...
That is not surprising at all.
I'am still waiting on numerous support tickets from 5 months back!
unsquidly (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 08:18:10 PM

Well...I finally got access to my MtGox account last night and it looks all funds were placed back....Finally.....This took way too long to resolve....I wonder how much longer it would have taken if not for this forum thread?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2011, 11:47:36 PM

Well, you are lucky that you got anything back.  I had my account hacked (about a week ago) all of my $ traded to BTC, and withdrawn.  Lost about $1k.  The hacker changed my account email address and password, all without any confirmation to my original email account.  I found out because I received an email stating there was a withdrawal from my account, I immediately replied asking that my account be frozen and that I did not authorize the trade.  I couldn't log in to my account nor could I recover my password (since my email was changed).  Anyway, they closed my several support tickets and refuse to help me in any way.
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 03:09:04 AM

Well, you are lucky that you got anything back.  I had my account hacked (about a week ago) all of my $ traded to BTC, and withdrawn.  Lost about $1k.  The hacker changed my account email address and password, all without any confirmation to my original email account.  I found out because I received an email stating there was a withdrawal from my account, I immediately replied asking that my account be frozen and that I did not authorize the trade.  I couldn't log in to my account nor could I recover my password (since my email was changed).  Anyway, they closed my several support tickets and refuse to help me in any way.

Hi MSIN

We are sincerely very sorry to hear that you have been a victim of this kind of fraudulent activity. From the information we have it looks as though your private data was stolen and used to gain access to your account to change your password. You can contact us for more info.

Despite your belief, Mt.Gox has not been hacked in any way and trading on Mt.Gox is still safe/secure. The way in which your account was taken over proves this point (again, you can contact us for more details).

That all being said, regrettably, it is to late for us to do anything with respect to recovering your funds.

Besides general security tips (strong passwords, not clicking links in emails, not opening unfamiliar attachments) to try and avoid this from happening again, our only suggestion is to buy a Yubikey. If you are not familiar a Yubikey operates as a 2-factor, one time password and thus, will make your account impervious to these types of attacks as the attacker would require both your password and the physical key to gain entry. Us asking you to buy a Yubikey may seem like salt in the wound after you've been victimized like this, however it is our sincere suggestion that you get one if you continue on as our customer or even if you decide to join a different exchange.

We also hope that this experience will not turn you away from using bitcoin in the future.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 19, 2011, 04:15:10 PM

Hi MSIN

We are sincerely very sorry to hear that you have been a victim of this kind of fraudulent activity. From the information we have it looks as though your private data was stolen and used to gain access to your account to change your password. You can contact us for more info.

Despite your belief, Mt.Gox has not been hacked in any way and trading on Mt.Gox is still safe/secure. The way in which your account was taken over proves this point (again, you can contact us for more details).

That all being said, regrettably, it is to late for us to do anything with respect to recovering your funds.

Besides general security tips (strong passwords, not clicking links in emails, not opening unfamiliar attachments) to try and avoid this from happening again, our only suggestion is to buy a Yubikey. If you are not familiar a Yubikey operates as a 2-factor, one time password and thus, will make your account impervious to these types of attacks as the attacker would require both your password and the physical key to gain entry. Us asking you to buy a Yubikey may seem like salt in the wound after you've been victimized like this, however it is our sincere suggestion that you get one if you continue on as our customer or even if you decide to join a different exchange.

We also hope that this experience will not turn you away from using bitcoin in the future.

Wow, this is the most customer service I've ever seen from you.  It's amazing how much effort you put forth to keeping your name clean but won't do shit when you're security is compromised.  The first thing you should do is remove, "Please contact us as soon as possible by replying to this email if you did not request this withdrawal."  from your withdrawal notice, because I did reply, and you didn't do a thing to help me. 
Dirtyhippy42000

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 09:25:46 PM

wish i would have read this thread before i started using mt gox.
just started getting into bitcoins the other month and left all of my 110 bitcoins on there exchange.
signed in the other day to withdraw 10 bitcoins and got some "your account needs to be verified message"
didnt think much of it untill i saw what they were asking for. ive sent them emails and opened up a support ticket yesterday but havent gotten any real answer from them other than the normal sorry for the inconveince letter.
i even opened up another thread on this forum about it but havent heard anything back yet
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56384.0

im very disapointed to read all this AFTER it happens to me but thats usually how it goes.
If i dont get my account back im pretty sure ill jus give up on Bitcoin all together wich is something i really dont want to do

I hope mt gox will do the right thing and make sure people get there money back in "a timely fashion" as bitcoin is rapidly changeing in price value and there is nothing that can compensate for lost time, not even a free Yubikey  Cry
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:02:33 PM

Welcome to the club. After almost 1 month, my money is still not available for me to withdraw.
mckoss

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 10:51:29 PM

Welcome to the club. After almost 1 month, my money is still not available for me to withdraw.
I wanted to test that the transfer systems actually worked to get money out.  So, in December, I was able to withdraw a significant amount of money via:

Bitcoinica -> MtGox -> Dwolla -> MY BANK

It all worked and just took a few business days to get real $ back into my bank account.  I feel satisfied that it's not all a house of cards where money goes in and can never get out.  The longest delay was a few days waiting for "manual approval" at Bitcoinica for a large $ withdrawal (Zhou was traveling, I think, which slowed down customer support on Bitcoinica in December).

Too bad I sold my BTC at $4 to do this test :-(
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 12:13:15 PM

I was able to withdraw my money in the past also. Then I decided to verify my account, sent the scans, there was a problem with a scan quality, so they locked my account with large amount of money in it. A month has pased since... nothing, and I have done everything they asked me to.
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 05:04:17 AM

It could be worse- you could have your money stuck in Tradehell like me!

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maria

Activity: 832

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 06:29:04 AM

MR. Mark Kapeles,

I no longer want to be a member of your exchange. Please return my money and delete my account.

Maria.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: