Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:28:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulations for crypto currencies  (Read 888 times)
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 01:37:05 PM

Currently crypto is too free to make it easy for anyone to make coins or tokens, unfortunately because it is too easy to make tokens or coins it is widely used for scam projects, strict regulation is needed to ensure that projects are not used for criminal acts.
In this context I agree with the purpose of making regulations for crypto, sometimes what worries me is, if the government gets too far involved.  So it can undermine the decentralization that is the nature of blockchain technology.  What do you think?

If they get involved they follow a standard that is based on a centralized manner, therefore the decentralization factor that makes crypto popular will be gone because of the regulation. Ask yourself, what do you think is the reason why the crypto market is growing? The simple answer is people see it as an investment rather than a payment system, therefore it really boils down to the fact that a decentralized payment system does not really beat the centralized system because that's not how people see it.

People see opportunities and they just simply grab it, most of them are not really into adoption but more on
investment, we can't measure who are those who favored regulation than those who still wanted to keep things as it is
and what's the value of making everything decentralized.

Money making is how people see the value of this market for now, in regard to regulations it's still on self
opinions and acceptance.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2021, 02:07:29 PM

Regulatory issues for cryptocurrency have actually been around for a long time.  In fact, it was several years ago.  But it seems, in the past year or so, it has become a serious topic of discussion in several countries.  And it seems, some countries will soon implement it.  What I personally think is, if true, many countries start implementing regulations for crypto currency, will this change the nature of crypto, namely decentralization to not being fully decentralized?  What do your friends think here?  Please share, hopefully this can add insight for all of us 😊🙏

I believe it will come off as a good thing considering what we have seen from counties where the government has chosen to accept and regulate the trading of cryptocurrencies and from the experience from my own country where the Government have chosen not to and have gone ahead to even Freeze bank accounts "suspected" of dealing in crypto trade even without proof until the account holder is able to prove that the monies are not from crypto trading. So, Government acceptance/regulations can actually bring some sanity to the system.
abralzain17

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 05:10:29 PM

I think more and more country would adopt the usage of cryptocurrency as their part of business, however some countries would think it's advantages and disadvantages to their economy, meanwhile for some countries that aren't going to accept cryptocurrency maybe they just leave it behind but some of other countries would allow cryptocurrency and makes a regulation that their country would also benefit from it.
if we talk about the benefits since the presence of Cryptocurrency, it certainly has great benefits for everyone, especially Crypto users. how not, Crypto users can make payments very easily without having to face to face, then apart from the benefits of using it someone also knows how to use their stored money to be able to invest in Crypto, so that person will benefit from their investment. actually if we study further, the benefits of Cryptocurrency are very large

livingfree

Activity: 2842
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 05:17:16 PM

In this context I agree with the purpose of making regulations for crypto, sometimes what worries me is, if the government gets too far involved.  So it can undermine the decentralization that is the nature of blockchain technology.  What do you think?
That's really where it is heading.

When there's too much intervention of the government it will really affect the decentralization of what cryptos are for.

But can we do something about it? There's none but the same as the government that they adopt, we're also going to adopt what the government will imply to cryptos.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 05:32:20 PM

When there's too much intervention of the government it will really affect the decentralization of what cryptos are for.

But can we do something about it? There's none but the same as the government that they adopt, we're also going to adopt what the government will imply to cryptos.
When most crypto people are forming a community then we can face any kind of regulation from government without closing any of the basic characteristics of decentralization. I guess this is what we can do against the regulations of governments. We should not depend on exchanges or any other services where government will be trying to take over the control by mandating KYC.

When we start using everything in decentralized way then government regulations will have no power over this crypto space; but unfortunately crypto people are going for most of the corporate/ centralised services which is reason, governments try to regulate us.

oemar bakrie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:07:55 PM

in my view because of the current economic changes that have caused some countries to start seeing crypto as a new step to change the economy starting to move forward..
and many people are also starting to understand about crypto so that's one way to tighten transactions so that there are no mistakes or losses for those who start using crypto for their assets.

Rengga Jati

Activity: 2030
Merit: 652

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 10:53:02 PM

That is one of the obstacles for cryptocurrency so far. the regulations by countries are always here. surrounding.
In some countries, cryptocurrency is still banned and not legalized to transact for whatever activities.
In my country itself, it is legal as a commodity asset, but not as a currency in which used for payment method.
So it may be different for each country reminding the condition of the country itself, the readiness, and also the perspective of the government and most community in the country.
Moreover in my country right now, there is a big issue that is being up about the crypto "halal and haram". I know that it may be still debatable and ambigu.

and many people are also starting to understand about crypto so that's one way to tighten transactions so that there are no mistakes or losses for those who start using crypto for their assets.
yes, the right thing to start is by understanding at first about cryptocurrency by learning and learning to get nowledge.
Although in fact there are still many newbies that won't learn about crypto, only invest based on hype, this really make the view of crypto by some certain communities still bad because they only think about negative sides and risks of cryptocurrency.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

livingfree

Activity: 2842
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 11:31:31 PM

When most crypto people are forming a community then we can face any kind of regulation from government without closing any of the basic characteristics of decentralization. I guess this is what we can do against the regulations of governments. We should not depend on exchanges or any other services where government will be trying to take over the control by mandating KYC.

When we start using everything in decentralized way then government regulations will have no power over this crypto space; but unfortunately crypto people are going for most of the corporate/ centralised services which is reason, governments try to regulate us.
We can still stand on our own.

But, the thing is that we have no option if we're going to have the government and exchanges. There will be those that would be against that idea and there will be those that would love the idea.

Most people have already been used to the centralization despite it counters the purpose of crypto.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
towi078 (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 11:36:04 AM

...Please share, hopefully this can add insight for all of us

Ideally, it is not the cryptocurrency that should be regulated, but the structures that provide participants with access to the cryptocurrency market. In this case, the cryptocurrency will be safer for investments, since investments will be protected by law and, accordingly, there will be fewer scammers on the market.
Now, this may be a new understanding for me personally, because all this time, my thoughts are.  If regulations are made for crypto, then it will more or less affect the decentralized nature of crypto to not be fully decentralized, because there is interference from certain parties (in this case the government).
That for sure it could affect but I'd never think that it can affect the volatile nature of the market. As if it happens that there is a strict crypto regulation, the number one that could change is to have KYC. It is pretty obvious that the government will ask for that for taxation reasons and this leaves us no way to escape but have to face it.

Many people had come due to the anonymity that crypto has but as this changes, I don't know if this could still give an interest to the community or that they will keep on fiat.
If we look at it from the other side, where today, it seems that there are more and more fraudulent attempts under the guise of crypto.  It seems that regulation is indeed necessary, as long as the goal is truly to protect the public
the ghabbar

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
November 14, 2021, 12:44:26 PM

If we look at it from the other side, where today, it seems that there are more and more fraudulent attempts under the guise of crypto.  It seems that regulation is indeed necessary, as long as the goal is truly to protect the public
There have been quite a few scams in the name of crypto from the past, but for people who are familiar with crypto, they are not too affected, regulations are made not only for fraud, but regulations are needed to legalize crypto to grow and develop in the midst of a society that is increasing actively participating in it, many advantages obtained in crypto, so regulation is needed to regulate it.
towi078 (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 01:00:16 PM

Currently crypto is too free to make it easy for anyone to make coins or tokens, unfortunately because it is too easy to make tokens or coins it is widely used for scam projects, strict regulation is needed to ensure that projects are not used for criminal acts.
If there's an agency that would require approval before anyone who owns could go for public sale I think it's still not good for the entirety of the crypto market, why? because crypto is supposed to be decentralized, no one should stand as 3rd party before transactions could happen, and with an agency, it will only make things harder for a small capitalist who would like to try their business model by seeking help from the public.

I think like an investor, it's our responsibility to carefully evaluate the project before we invest, authorities should only come later if the team who runs the public sale messed up or scam the investors.
As long as it's within the limits you mentioned, I personally agree with the regulations.  Whatever the form, and not to the point of destroying the decentralization of crypto itself.  Regarding prudence in making choices in investing, I think it is mandatory for us as investors.  Because whatever the conditions, we all want our investment to be safe
towi078 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 06:54:10 AM

What I personally think is, if true, many countries start implementing regulations for crypto currency, will this change the nature of crypto, namely decentralization to not being fully decentralized?
The regulation of cryptocurrencies will be possible without affecting the basic natures of cryptocurrencies. Yeah, I am sure there will be possible regulations in a way without affecting the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies. We cannot expect the same way how government is regulating corporate and other organisation but they must need to take different stand against the cryptocurrencies so that it will serve its real purposes to the people.

There will be no point of regulating cryptocurrencies by removing its all basic characteristics instead of doing like that then government can go for their own digital currency because after removing out all the basic characteristics of cryptocurrencies it will remain like fiats but in digital form.
Surely it is the hope of all of us, whatever the form, the government will not get too involved in making regulations for crypto.  So that it does not damage the characteristics of crypto currency, and makes it easier for crypto adoption more broadly
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 11:01:03 AM

Some countries have already endorse the adoption of cryptocurrency for possible exchange transaction's that can Liga for massive control adoption, now cryptocurrency everyone knows very well that is a decentralized currency and been marginalize or regulate just as simple as we may think, is not possible. Let us look at another futures.
whiteblue

Activity: 1246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 02:22:36 PM

Surely it is the hope of all of us, whatever the form, the government will not get too involved in making regulations for crypto.  So that it does not damage the characteristics of crypto currency, and makes it easier for crypto adoption more broadly
If indeed it can work and is true as you say, then it will be very good for the cryptocurrency space and also good for cryptocurrency users because if the government gets involved in cryptocurrencies there will definitely be taxes for everything.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 02:52:39 PM

Regulatory issues for cryptocurrency have actually been around for a long time.  In fact, it was several years ago.  But it seems, in the past year or so, it has become a serious topic of discussion in several countries.  And it seems, some countries will soon implement it.  What I personally think is, if true, many countries start implementing regulations for crypto currency, will this change the nature of crypto, namely decentralization to not being fully decentralized?  What do your friends think here?  Please share, hopefully this can add insight for all of us 😊🙏

Since that was already starting and happening in some parts of the globe, expect in the future that crypto will be regulated more.

Fully Decentralized can't really be achieved and that's the reality. We just need to be used to it and slowly adopt the change. The government may have a bad impression on others but also think about why they implement or consider doing that way.
israt1@

Activity: 924
Merit: 18

https://imgur.com/yw8HFn9

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2021, 04:55:23 PM

Your idea is true. Several countries are planning to do their transactions in cryptocurrency. El Salvador has officially introduced cryptocurrency transactions in their country. However, many states are interested in implementing it.It is hoped that with the introduction of this transaction system in a few more countries, Crypto will become more popular in the market.

Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 05:39:32 PM

It's definitely going to snatch away the freedom of keeping your transactions to yourself while you're bound to show everything in the books once regulations are implemented, so for the Governments to start levying taxes. Just like israt1@ said, complete decentralization can never be achieved as it wasn't in full even before crypto was in talks. Though things get centralized, it's in the good for crypto because without the country-wide support for crypto, we won't be able to achieve the goals that was set by Satoshi, to make crypto available and easy to use as well as friendly for anyone in this world.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
UDONNA

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 08:44:57 PM

The more valuable cryptocurrencies become and the more people are involved in crypto investing, the stronger government regulation will become. In our world, complete decentralization in the financial area is simply not possible.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2044
Merit: 757

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:54:20 PM

Yeah many countries are trying to regulate crypto. But don't be fooled, it's not "to protect the users from scams", it's mainly to see how they can extract as much tax as possible from crypto holders
TheGreatPython

Activity: 2562
Merit: 329

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 09:58:52 PM

The more valuable cryptocurrencies become and the more people are involved in crypto investing, the stronger government regulation will become. In our world, complete decentralization in the financial area is simply not possible.
This is the reason I am always expecting that crypto regulation might come into exist on day or other because the popularity of cryptocurrencies will trigger government to go for it. The best solution must be we need to go by continuously sticking only with decentralized environment or else we need to get ready for accepting all the regulations of government so that we will not get any interruption in our crypto life.

At the same time I'm not expecting all the governments will be negative against cryptocurrencies with their regulations but most countries main take a stand of neutral against cryptocurrencies which is more than enough for making use of the cryptos at its best.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: