Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:01:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Converting" a token  (Read 29 times)
PercT4b (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 08:07:44 AM

Hope this to be the correct section for this topic.

Many tokens are capable to operate in different blockchains, and that's clearly visible by looking at the different contract addresses available for each blockchain (to make it easy, for instance, if a token exists on Binance chain and Ethereum chain, on CMC it would have its BEP-20 contract address and its Ethereum contract address).

The question is, is it possible to "convert" a contract address into one of a different blockchain?....I'll give you the same example, let's assume that a token is available on Ethereum and Binance chain, but I got the Ethereum version bought on Uniswap, I was wondering if there was a method that would let me like "convert" the Ethereum token I have into the Binance chain version tradable on PancakeSwap.

P.S: I mentioned the contract address because I think this is the core of the problem, the address is what's make a token unique and so I'd probably need to find something that could convert the Ethereum address into the Binance chain one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: