Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:05:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My mother board is used to mine with how many boards?  (Read 64 times)
ErickV (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 05:54:41 PM

I'm starting now in the mining world and I have an 8+ year idle machine that has the motherboard model asus-m4a79xtd-evo:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fvxfrH/asus-motherboard-m4a79xtdevo

I'm in doubt, does it support beginner mining?, and if so, how many GeForce 3070 graphics cards would this motherboard support in a rig?

I really want to use 2 graphics cards to start, which power supply would I recommend to start with only these 2 graphics cards using this motherboard?
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 09:20:27 AM

I'm starting now in the mining world and I have an 8+ year idle machine that has the motherboard model asus-m4a79xtd-evo:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fvxfrH/asus-motherboard-m4a79xtdevo

I'm in doubt, does it support beginner mining?, and if so, how many GeForce 3070 graphics cards would this motherboard support in a rig?

I really want to use 2 graphics cards to start, which power supply would I recommend to start with only these 2 graphics cards using this motherboard?

You can use it with 4 cards. With a pcie splitter you can use more than 4 card for sure.

I recommend 1000w power supply, to have some free space for more cards. Less makes no sense in my opinion.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 12:11:16 PM

Typically 4 video cards work fine in older motherboards. Problems begin after installing the fifth or sixth video card (although the new cards have the same).
If you have 2 only 2 video cards, then you can buy a 750 watt power supply. The main thing is that it has enough 8 pin connectors.
Then you can buy a second power supply for the other two video cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: