Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:25:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AVAX into Avalanche wallet  (Read 62 times)
garbagecoin (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 06:43:43 PM

Is it possible, without access to centralized exchanges such as Binance, to somehow convert some crypto such as ETH into Avalanche (AVAX) coins and transfer it into Metamask/Avalanche (C chain) so that the wallet would become usable? It seems that gas fees have to be paid in AVAX in the Avalanche blockchain. The Avalanche Bridge moves crypto from the Ethereum blockchain to the Avalanche blockchain but it seems it cannot convert coins into AVAX coins.
 Huh
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 06:56:46 PM

Bridges are supposed to be communicating with other blockchains. While you are looking for exchange from X coin to Y. I found this DEX while searching on google but make sure their reputation is good enough. I have never used them personally. By the way, why do you need DEX; can't you do it from Kucoin where KYC isn't mandatory & they have 5 BTC daily withdrawal.
https://pangolin.exchange/

garbagecoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 01:53:20 PM

It seems you cannot swap coins on Pangolin Exchange before first having some AVAX on the Avalanche blockchain. MetaMask notification asks whether WETH.e may be spent, but the Confirm button is greyed out because the fee would be charged in AVAX and there is not yet any AVAX in the wallet. So you can't swap coins to AVAX if you don't already have AVAX.

There is an obligatory identification verification procedure on Kucoin. Also, Chinese exchanges don't seem to have much customer service.
RapTarX

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 05:45:11 PM

There is an obligatory identification verification procedure on Kucoin.

From which region are you from? In my region, Kucoin doesn’t require KYC & for non KYC member, daily withdrawal limit is 5 BTC which is quite good amount for me and for most of the people I guess. You have to create an account on Kucoin & it requires an email only.

garbagecoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 07:26:57 PM

An unverified user may only withdraw 1 BTC and trade worth 400 USD a day, according to Kucoin's support pages. Region is irrelevant.

https://support.kucoin.plus/hc/en-us/articles/360015102254-About-KYC-Verification
RapTarX

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 06:54:37 PM

An unverified user may only withdraw 1 BTC and trade worth 400 USD a day, according to Kucoin's support pages. Region is irrelevant.

https://support.kucoin.plus/hc/en-us/articles/360015102254-About-KYC-Verification

This is an very old announcement. Until few days ago, it was 5 BTC a day but most recent update, they adjusted it to 1 BTC again. However, there's no limit of trading volume. I have traded a quite good amount today; without KYC. I guess you are with wrong information.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: