Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:40:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon T2T-25T's not hashing  (Read 129 times)
buck21 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 06:53:26 PM
Merited by NotATether (1)

I have a few T2T-25T's that aren't hashing, and I can't seem to get into the kernel logs to view error codes. I've voltage tested the PSU's and they're all fine. I'm going to try Inno Monitor to view error codes but first have a few questions:

1. Inno-Monitor is in Chinese - how can I change it to display in English?

2. "IP/logs" doesn't provide me with a log, its just a blank screen. is there a different "IP/" I should be entering to view the backside logs in the IP GUI for the T2Ti-25 machines specifically?

3. I tried flashing via the GUI, both the "t2ti_20200611_133840.swu"and the "t2ti_soc_20200611_135225.swu" firmware files from Innosilicon's website. How do I know which of those to use, and would it make a difference if I flashed the machines via SD Card, instead of through the GUI? Also, are there different firmware files I should try? i.e., is it possible these firmwares aren't compatible?

4. These were purchased used from a vendor overseas. Video of machines hashing and serial numbers were sent, prior to shipment. Are these T2T's susceptible to shipping damage? The hashboards seem pretty solid compared to lets say an S17 Pro. The main weak point on them seems to be the ribbon connector on the board, as it's a hard 90-degree angle going up to the control board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2021, 11:40:01 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2021, 11:52:02 PM by BitMaxz

That's bad you didn't read the manual to turn innomonitor tool into English. Anyway, this image below will guide you

The 1 is the "option" then the 2 is "other" click that tab then the 3rd button must be the languages just click it you will see the English option.

If you can't access ip/logs try this IP/mlogs or try to access it with https://IP/logs if still nothing the only way to find errors is to use the innomonitor tool.

About flashing it you must check the dashboard overview if it's a soc version or not. And take note you can't flash soc version through SD card those miners are secured compared on g9 and g19.

About your 4th question did you buy it as a used miner?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
buck21 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 03:16:07 PM
Merited by NotATether (1)

That's bad you didn't read the manual to turn innomonitor tool into English. Anyway, this image below will guide you

https://i.imgur.com/xZksTXp.png

The 1 is the "option" then the 2 is "other" click that tab then the 3rd button must be the languages just click it you will see the English option.

If you can't access ip/logs try this IP/mlogs or try to access it with https://IP/logs if still nothing the only way to find errors is to use the innomonitor tool.

About flashing it you must check the dashboard overview if it's a soc version or not. And take note you can't flash soc version through SD card those miners are secured compared on g9 and g19.

https://www.innosilicon.com/statics/images/20190412180056.jpg

About your 4th question did you buy it as a used miner?

I kept getting 404'ed when trying to download the Inno-Monitor install zip, and then when trying to view the manual. I was eventually able to view the manual and get it switched over to English. Thanks though.

Yeah I tried all of the different /logs, /mlogs, https://ip/logs, none of them worked.

I was able to view the error codes in Innomonitor, and was getting an error code 35. PSU Versions and PSU Error Codes all come up blank or "unknown". I've also read another post on the forum (by you actually, i'm pretty sure) that if the correct firmware isn't flashed, the PSU won't function properly. So first thing I did was update the firmware on both machines. One is G19, the other is SOC. The one that i updated to the latest G19 firmware available via Inno's site, worked and started hashing all 3 boards, but the PSU fan wasn't spinning. Pretty sure the fan is bad so I pulled it out and ordered a new one.

The SOC machine however still didn't work. I tried the 2019 version of SOC firmware that you linked to in that other post I found, to no avail. I verified that the boards worked by swapping them out to the other machine. I'm guessing it's maybe a bad PSU because that fan isn't spinning either (will also be replaced and will try a new PSU if that doesn't work), but I'm questioning if it's a SOC firmware issue.

And yes, these were all bought as used miners, as-is.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2965

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 04:24:53 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2021, 04:47:12 PM by BitMaxz

That is the problem with the SOC version these machines are secured you can't able to downgrade them the only solution is to contact one of Innosilicon's support.
They will help you if you bought the miner from them I heard that they need DNA from your miner for analysis before they will send you a working firmware.

Read this thread below until the 2nd page.
- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5355134.msg57751708#msg57751708

But his problem is a fixed pool but worth trying and maybe the firmware they will give you will fix your issue.

Just want to add this can you try to hard reset the g19 miner to set it back to default settings and let see if it could fix the fan.
Press and hold the IP set button for 4 to 15 seconds then release do this same on the SOC version and let see if it can fix your issue.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
buck21 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 09:10:01 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2021, 10:19:02 PM by buck21
Merited by mikeywith (2), NotATether (1)

Understood, regarding the SOC machine. I'll reach out to Innosilicon. Frustrating... I'm now curious if it would've worked had I not tried to upgrade the firmware on it, and if I basically soft-bricked it when I upgraded.

That other thread is interesting - I'm not on-site so I can't look right now, but I think the SOC machine reverts back to a fixed pool, much like that guy mentioned. I say that because I remember having one machine where I constantly had to update the pool back to my settings, and sometimes it wouldn't save them. I'll check it tonight when I'm there.

Yes I'll definitely try hard resetting both miners to see if it fixes the fan issue. This would keep the same firmware on the machine though, correct? So in theory it might potentially fix the G19 issue, but more than likely won't solve the SOC issue as that seems like more of a firmware problem.

EDIT: Hard Reset both machines, didn't fix fan issue for either of them. The G19 I was able to upgrade firmware to Inno's latest 2020 version from their website. Dumb question, but I should expect the PSU fan to be running at all times right? It's not on a temp sensor where it kicks on when needed? FYI, it doesn't kick on AT ALL, not even when I flip the power switch.
buck21 (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2021, 04:05:46 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2021, 04:34:46 PM by buck21

Wanted to provide an update here. I replaced PSU fans on both units, and the G19 unit started working again, on all 3 boards. So it was likely PSU-related issues the entire time. The other unit still won't hash, and I've determined the PSU is bad. I swapped the PSU over to the unit/control board that I knew was good, and it continued to throw an error code 35, with no hashing.

I've got a 3rd PSU that powers boards 1 and 3, but appears power ports for board 2 are bad. Not sure how to troubleshoot a single bad power port, or if anyone has ideas on relatively easy fixes. Along with that, Innosilicon "doesn't have" the G1173 PSU for the T2Ti anymore, and is telling me the G1240 PSU that they make and provide now won't work (although it's identical). Can anyone confirm that? The only difference I'm seeing is that the G1240 is 2200W, instead of the G1173's 2050W. But the control board and FW is going to control power draw, isn't it? As it is, the machine can set to "efficiency" and only draw like 1400W. So wouldn't the T2Ti just draw a max 2050W off the G1240 when set to "performance", and not overdraw? Curious as to thoughts before I order and try the G1240.

Unit: https://www.innosilicon.com/html/t2ti-miner/

1240 PSU specs: https://www.innosilicon.com/html/2200w-psu/index.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: