Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:19:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deepbit PPS or Proportional?  (Read 5646 times)
legolouman (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 10:53:22 PM

Well I've seriously been contemplating the actual effectiveness of the Proportional Payout mode on Deepbit. Who uses it? How much do you get paid per M/Hash (or another comparable figure)? Is it really worth it for the little guys, such as >1Gh/s?

Thanks!

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 10:57:21 PM

Well I've seriously been contemplating the actual effectiveness of the Proportional Payout mode on Deepbit. Who uses it? How much do you get paid per M/Hash (or another comparable figure)? Is it really worth it for the little guys, such as >1G/h?

Thanks!

A lot of people use it.  You get paid proportionally to what you put in, it's different for everyone.  Proportional takes a 3% fee, whereas PPS takes a 10% fee.  Some pools have 0% proportional and PPS, look around.  Also, I think you meant < 1 Gh/s and it doesn't really matter either way, just don't solo mine if you want quick returns Tongue
legolouman (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 11:00:34 PM

Well I've seriously been contemplating the actual effectiveness of the Proportional Payout mode on Deepbit. Who uses it? How much do you get paid per M/Hash (or another comparable figure)? Is it really worth it for the little guys, such as >1G/h?

Thanks!

A lot of people use it.  You get paid proportionally to what you put in, it's different for everyone.  Proportional takes a 3% fee, whereas PPS takes a 10% fee.  Some pools have 0% proportional and PPS, look around.  Also, I think you meant < 1 Gh/s and it doesn't really matter either way, just don't solo mine if you want quick returns Tongue

Okay, so from what you're saying, the obvious truth that regardless of your payout speed, it is the same amount. Even with the proportional. Thanks for pointing out my Hash abbreviation error. I seem to do that a lot.

Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 11:05:04 PM

Thanks!

Okay, so from what you're saying, the obvious truth that regardless of your payout speed, it is the same amount. Even with the proportional. Thanks for pointing out my Hash abbreviation error. I seem to do that a lot.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53200.0

Beyond the hash abbreviation, was the greater than sign.  Hopefully that doesn't happen often too !
legolouman (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 11:27:27 PM

Thanks!

A lot of people use it.  You get paid proportionally to what you put in, it's different for everyone.  Proportional takes a 3% fee, whereas PPS takes a 10% fee.  Some pools have 0% proportional and PPS, look around.  Also, I think you meant < 1 Gh/s and it doesn't really matter either way, just don't solo mine if you want quick returns Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53200.0

Beyond the hash abbreviation, was the greater than sign.  Hopefully that doesn't happen often too !

Oh my, that scares me... Thanks for pointing that out... I've decided I'm going to try it on a smaller pool, and thus increase my percentage.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: