Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best brand for laptop  (Read 224 times)
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2021, 10:45:12 AM

of course MacBook is what i can tell, durability and security is indeed a package .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
heavycure (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 03:37:19 PM

I have used both laptops, and to tell you the truth I find the Windows laptop much more easy to use than the MAC.

Thanks for the advice!
heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 06:57:12 PM

Truth be said Mac and windows are both good product with great advantages and features. So what ever product, depending on what you want it for, any of the brand would serve you right. But if you are looking for a high quality security I would recommend Apple product.

Thank you very much!  I will see what is for sale!
NastyGambler

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 02:53:00 PM

I want to buy a laptop, i can`t choose between windows or mac, give me some benefits and cons on both platforms.

Hewlett Packards are the best they work forever.
heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 02:36:57 PM

I love HP products.

I will check them, thanks
heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 03:34:18 PM

I want to buy a laptop, i can`t choose between windows or mac, give me some benefits and cons on both platforms.

Hewlett Packards are the best they work forever.

its liked by many people on the thread
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 04:34:07 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2021, 09:56:34 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

My long time fav are Thinkpads.
I'm one of the proverbial Road Warriors (Field service engineer) and can attest that they work for decades despite constant heavy and not often kind usage. I still have a couple from 1993-1997 when they were still under the IBM brand - but actually made for IBM by Lenovo - aside from being slow (1 is 486M, another is Pentium-M cpu) and the backlights getting dim, they still work perfectly. All ThinkPads are highly dust and water resistant with built-in gutters to drain away spills out the bottom. Never had any issues with hinges going bad nor cracked cases both of which are something very common with other makes.

Very nice thing is that Thinkpads can be easily repaired if ever needed. Lenovo carried on the IBM traditions of assembling them with screws vs 'snap & crack' housing latches, providing actual repair manuals and of course parts lists. Currently using a ThinkPad P15 workstation w/gen 10 i7, 16gb memory & NVIDIA® Quadro RTX graphics. That replaced my T410 circa 2010 which still works perfectly, is just slow because of the i3 CPU and only 4gb of memory.

FYI: When IBM exited the small PC market starting in 2004 there was a massive outcry from users regarding the fate of the near-bulletproof ThinkPads. Lenovo paid attention to that and on May 1, 2005 paid IBM a very tidy sum of money to buy all rights to the ThinkPad brand name along with all other IBM PC's and continue production of this top-end gear. Ja ThinkPads are pricey but well worth it.

As for the other Lenovo laptops - meh. Still very well built for being 'Consumer grade' but they ain't ThinkPads...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
figliar0

Activity: 110
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 13, 2021, 12:05:23 AM

I'm one of the proverbial Road Warriors (Field service engineer) and can attest that they work for decades despite constant heavy and not often kind usage. I still have a couple from 1993-1997 when they were still under the IBM brand - but actually made for IBM by Lenovo - aside from being slow (1 is 486M, another is Pentium-M cpu) and the backlights getting dim, they still work perfectly. All ThinkPads are highly dust and water resistant with built-in gutters to drain away spills out the bottom. Never had any issues with hinges going bad nor cracked cases both of which are something very common with other makes.

Very nice thing is that Thinkpads can be easily repaired if ever needed. Lenovo carried on the IBM traditions of assembling them with screws vs 'snap & crack' housing latches, providing actual repair manuals and of course parts lists. Currently using a ThinkPad P15 workstation w/gen 10 i7, 16gb memory & NVIDIA® Quadro RTX graphics. That replaced my T410 circa 2010 which still works perfectly, is just slow because of the i3 CPU and only 4gb of memory.

FYI: When IBM exited the small PC market starting in 2004 there was a massive outcry from users regarding the fate of the near-bulletproof ThinkPads. Lenovo paid attention to that and on May 1, 2005 paid IBM a very tidy sum of money to buy all rights to the ThinkPad brand name along with all other IBM PC's and continue production of this top-end gear. Ja ThinkPads are pricey but well worth it.

As for the other Lenovo laptops - meh. Still very well built for being 'Consumer grade' but they ain't ThinkPads...

Careful about Thinkpads - there are not like used to be. Maybe some T or X class, but there are lowend Thinkpads too. Lenovo change the image of IBM's bullet proof laptops to casual consumer grade.
heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 03:41:23 PM

Careful about Thinkpads - there are not like used to be. Maybe some T or X class, but there are lowend Thinkpads too. Lenovo change the image of IBM's bullet proof laptops to casual consumer grade.

But thinkpads have very good properties for cheap.

What should i avoid?
123bitcoin+

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 12:27:00 PM

Alienware PC are better like dell, Lenovo and the likes
heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2021, 03:08:04 PM

I cheked them but they are very expensive.
figliar0

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 02:08:02 PM

But thinkpads have very good properties for cheap.

What should i avoid?

Well, I am not sure by actual offer - didn't buy Lenovo for a long time. But what can I see on wikipedia, I would avoid to ThinkPad E and Yoga stuff. As I wrote before, class T and X are premium laptop class. Class P is oriented for maximum performance and class L is midclass. Avoid any Lenovo non-ThinkPads!

I cheked them but they are very expensive.

Alienware is manufactured by Dell. This class of products is designed for gaming, thus a little bit fancy and (of course) expensive.

heavycure (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 04:02:07 PM

I see that but everything good wear its price.
figliar0

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 05:41:09 PM

I see that but everything good wear its price.

Well, things are quite simple, and not just about computers. You have to make your choice beetween these:
  • quality
  • performance / features
  • price
You cannot have everything, you must sacrify one of those. Or buy something from second hand, if you don't mind.
ClassPlayer

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 07:39:41 PM

Look for DEll its very good brand.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: