Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Important is Interoperability for the Future of this Space?  (Read 42 times)
Psilocybin9 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 08:52:55 PM

Interoperability is the ability of a certain network to transfer data and value across other networks. Interoperability is a fairly old concept in computer systems, but I think it is especially important when it comes to blockchains. My reasoning for why I believe that interoperability is integral to the future of this space is due to how much value and liquidity each of the major blockchains carry, and contrary to popular belief liquidity is not gradually concentrating in one blockchain, but rather flowing into various different blockchains.

As time goes by the number of blockchains in this space have increased, and might even continue to increase. The amount of development on each of these alternative blockchains is also increasing, which has been successfully attracting liquidity to them. I doubt this trend of diversified liquidity across blockchains is going anywhere, thus interoperability, and DApps which promote interoperable activities like pSTAKE (enables interoperable staking) are also going to increase in this space.

Most of this is my personal observations of where the space is heading/headed, and a lot of what I said here is my personal opinion. Although, I am genuinely curious as to what everyone thinks about the diversification of liquidity across various different blockchains, and the implications it has on interoperability.   

sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 03:05:31 AM

Interoperability is the ability of a certain network to transfer data and value across other networks. Interoperability is a fairly old concept in computer systems, but I think it is especially important when it comes to blockchains. My reasoning for why I believe that interoperability is integral to the future of this space is due to how much value and liquidity each of the major blockchains carry, and contrary to popular belief liquidity is not gradually concentrating in one blockchain, but rather flowing into various different blockchains.

As time goes by the number of blockchains in this space have increased, and might even continue to increase. The amount of development on each of these alternative blockchains is also increasing, which has been successfully attracting liquidity to them. I doubt this trend of diversified liquidity across blockchains is going anywhere, thus interoperability, and DApps which promote interoperable activities like pSTAKE (enables interoperable staking) are also going to increase in this space.

Most of this is my personal observations of where the space is heading/headed, and a lot of what I said here is my personal opinion. Although, I am genuinely curious as to what everyone thinks about the diversification of liquidity across various different blockchains, and the implications it has on interoperability.   

I support this point of you that diversifying is necessary as it is some kind of protection. If one of blockchain where you work is currently inaccessible (for different reasons), you can switch to another one.I think that there will be many multi-chain projects that will be connectable to different blockchain. For example Sushi swap works on Polygon, Ethereum, BSC ans so on.
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 07:05:22 AM

Interoperability is essential for EVM chains. Without them you will have difficulty growing your ecosystem. Bridges are used to link blockchains and NEAR has the only 100% trustless bridge. This means you can safely migrate your assets from Ethereum and farm on Ref Finance without worrying about your funds getting stuck or stolen along the way. Anywap is another bridge that links multiple chains, DYOR.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 10:16:07 AM

For security reasons, I actually prefer only well decentralized networks that stick to the core values of true Blockchain to be Interoperable otherwise you could have a situation where centralized networks are used to weaken the decentralized ones.  For example, a rogue network could be used to raise the supply limit of Bitcoin and makes Bitcoin inflationary.
You could also have the centralized networks sucking up users from well decentralized ones because they are more convenient and have more functionalities. I think they should be subjected to thesame/similar standards, and the competition that comes from this will be fair
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: