Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:21:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoTuner 1.5.0 | Automatic GPU Optimization for Mining | Find Best Settings  (Read 535 times)
CryptoTuner (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 11:05:23 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2021, 06:58:40 PM by CryptoTuner

CryptoTuner 1.5.0
Script to automatically find optimized and stable GPU overclock settings to mine Ethereum on NVIDIA GPUs

What it does
This software does exactly what you would do manually to reach peak speeds/efficiency on your GPUs - but in a parallel, automatically yet accurate way.

Features for automated GPU Overclocking & Power Limiting
Thermal Throttling detection
     - Automatic down-clocking on mining software crash, instability or invalid shares
     - Three Optimization Modes:
          + Efficiency: get the best Hash/Watt ratio
          + Speed: achieve the highest sense-making speed
          + Profitability: get the best profitability with your power costs
     - Parallel Optimization of all GPUs at the same time

Thermal Throttling Detection
If your GPUs are reducing their Hashrate due to high temps or too high overclocks, the tool will inform you and reduce the clocks accordingly.

Finding maximum Memory OC
The software will start overclocking your memory until either the mining software crashes or your GPU created invalid shares. This will help in reaching the maximum possible speed.

Finding minimum Core Clock
After finding the maximum possible memory clock, the software will start reducing the core clock until a significant decrease in speed is detected. This will help decreasing the power consumption and temperatures of your GPUs.

Finding minimum Power Limits
After clocks are fine-tuned, each GPUs power limit will be reduced to lower temperatures and increase efficiency (lower power costs). There are three modes to choose from:
     - Mode 0: Maximum Efficiency (default): your GPU will probably not reach it's top hash rate, but it will be the most efficient (power/hash) you can achieve
     - Mode 1: Maximum Speed (hybrid): Your GPU will run some kHashes below its maximum speed but can achieve this with a lot less power than default (see "margin"-parameter)
     - Mode 2: Maximum Profitability: Enter your powerCost and "daily dollars per MHash" and get the best settings for achieving the highest profitability

Tuning all GPUs in parallel
This software tracks your GPUs state every second, creates statistics from that and automatically sets your GPUs to your preferred model. All GPUs are tuned at the same time, therefore it is fast and accurate in its decision-making without writing down hundreds of values, speeds and efficiencies manually.

Limitations
     - Windows 10/11 only
     - T-Rex Miner only

Requirements
The following requirements need to be met in order for the tool to work properly
     - NVIDIA Driver installed (especially nvidia-smi)
     - Up-to-date Windows 10/11
     - executing script with Administrative Access
     - close MSI Afterburner or any other Overclock Tool (if running)

Usage
The tool can be run as-is. It will pick default values for tuning which might not be perfect - but will work. It is required to run the executable or batch-script with admin privileges (see warning above!).
Code:
cryptotuner.exe --mode 2 --devices 0 1 2 3 --steps 10 --shares 3 --datapoints 30 --offset 0.35 --core_uc -200 --mem_oc 500 --power_limit 160 --power_cost 0.36 --dollar_per_mhash 0.065

See below list for aditional parameters:
    --help <-h>: Shows a help message on the console with all possible arguments and options.
    --mode <-m>: Defines which optimization mode for power limit should be applied, "--mode 0" (Efficiency) "--mode 1" (Speed) "--mode 2" (Profitability)
    --devices <-d>: list of GPUs by id that should be tuned, seperated by a blank space e.g. "--devices 0 1 2 3"
    --steps <-s>: step size to in/decrease memory and core clocks per run e.g. "--steps 5" will increase or decrease clocks 5 Mhz at a time - lower values increase accuracy of result but take longer time to complete the overall process
    --shares <-x>: number of shares each GPU needs to generate before settings are validated e.g. "--shares 5". More shares increases stability but increases overall process time
    --datapoints <-e>: minimum number of datapoints which are required to compare results e.g. "--datapoints 50". Higher values mean more reliable results. Duration impact is minimal. Minimum value is 30.
    --offset <-o>: to compare speed results e.g. "--offset 0.35". If set too low, your efficiency will suffer. If set too high, the efficiency will be fine but your speed result will suffer, feel free to play with this but 0.35 is a good starting point.
    --coreUC <-c>: starting value of core underclock e.g. "--coreUC -200" will begin the core underclock with -200mhz. Separate values for multiple GPUs with a blank space e.g. "--coreUC -200 -100 -50"
    --memOC <-M>: starting value of memory overclock e.g. "--memOC 1000" will begin the memory overclock with +1000mhz. Separate values for multiple GPUs with a blank space e.g. "--memOC 1000 800 550"
    --memTweak <-t>: memory tweak parameter for compatible cards. Separate values for multiple GPUs with a blank space e.g. "--memTweak 1 0 3"
    --powerLimit <-p>: starting value of power limit e.g. "--powerLimit 240" will begin power limit reduction at 240 watts. Separate values for multiple GPUs with a blank space e.g. "--powerLimit 240 230 250"
    --wattSteps <-w>: step size to in/decrease power limit per run e.g. "--wattSteps 5" will increase or decrease power limit 5 Watts at a time
    --powercost <-C>: define how much your power costs $/kWh, needed to calculate profitability in mode 2
    --dollarPerMHash <-D>: define the value of 1 MHash, needed to calculate profitability in mode 2 - you can find out via https://whattomine.com/
    --loadPreset <-l>: load a preset from the GPU database that is fitting to your cards. If no settings could be found, your provided OC settings (if any) or default values for the OC will be applied (MEM +0 / Core +0/ PL 100% / Fan Temp: 60ºC)
    --skipCore : skip the core underlcock optimization process.
    --skipMem : skip the memory overlock optimization process.
    --skipPower : skip the power limit optimization process.
    --verbose : adds more verbosity to the console interface (up to 3 levels). Logs will still have the full information.
    --keepMining <-k>: once finished with the Tuning, this flag keeps the miners working until the user hits "Enter"
    --resume <-r>: constatly writes a file with the progress of the Tuning. If the computer were to crash or the tuning had to be stopped for whatever reason, if this flag is set and the "process.json" file is present, the tool will resume the Tuning process from where it was left at.

Download Link
You can find the latest release on the GitHub page:
https://github.com/CryptoTuner/CryptoTuner/releases

ChangeLog
You can check the changes between versions here:
https://github.com/CryptoTuner/CryptoTuner/blob/main/CHANGELOG.md

Antivirus Scans
CryptoTuner v1.5.0
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/7edfad57368eca123bf86e412b93ab9f7623c9b5f01a1b729a6c4c81a4fc56de

Contribution
Shares mined while running the tool will go towards the developer as a way to help keep updating and improving this tool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 12:00:00 AM

So many red flag in this post.  Avoid this malware until proven safe.
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 12:04:54 AM

So many red flag in this post.  Avoid this malware until proven safe.
Hey thank you for replying.

I can fully understand your concerns. Honestly, flagging every new software as malware is okay safety-wise but is really unfair for new developers that want to make a name for themselves, which is my case. Righteous pay for sinners  Embarrassed

I can and will provide any proofs that this tool is not malware, other than releasing the code to the public.

If you have any idea on what I can do to prove myself as an honest dev, please share with me.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:10:36 AM

only 14 hits on the virus scan    Shocked
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:29:07 AM

only 14 hits on the virus scan    Shocked
Unfortunately PyInstaller is detected by some AV's heuristics as a false positive.

I will do some changes to my workflow to see if I can lower the false-positives detection.

And once again, i can understand you all 100%, but this is not malware..

I am genuinely trying to help the mining community with this tool. Specially newcomers that may find it hard and time-consuming to fine-tune every card manually
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:50:13 AM

https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252500274/Researchers-use-PyInstaller-to-create-stealth-malware

Software known for false positives is a magnet for real malware.
With all the red flags and the persistent malware posts it's just too much of a risk.

CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:59:17 AM

https://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/252500274/Researchers-use-PyInstaller-to-create-stealth-malware

With all the red flags and the persistent malware posts it's just too much of a risk.
Damn.. didn't know that. Thank you for sharing tho.

As I said I will try compiling the Pyinstaller module myself and hopefully that will help with the false-positives.

If it doesn't, i will try to switch to another compiler, and worst case I will just share the tool as an obfuscated .py
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 12:53:56 PM

only 14 hits on the virus scan    Shocked

I was able to lower the false-positives rate a lot just by changing how I compile my code.

Please check it out now.
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:24:07 PM

I was able to lower the false-positives rate a lot just by changing how I compile my code.

Please check it out now.

I think you missed my point. It's not just false positives, but also false negatives.
I don't care if it passes AV tests, It's still closed source software from an unknown
developper.

miner29

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 04:57:53 PM

New and i proved with LESS malware!

(still contains some malware….made in a facility that process nuts)
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 05:30:52 PM

Sorry buddy but I did not understand that sentence.

Can you rephrase?
miner29

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 10:55:45 PM

Can you rephrase?

You went from 14 down to 5 on virus total.  = Now with Less Malware.

ie…still contains some malware….see virustotal…. 

The made in facility that process nuts is seen on certain foods usually candy so people with allergies know it may be a problem for them.  See Humor.

CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 11:20:07 PM

Can you rephrase?

You went from 14 down to 5 on virus total.  = Now with Less Malware.

The made in facility that process nuts is seen on certain foods usually candy so people with allergies know it may be a problem for them.  See Humor.

Oh okay!

Now I see what you mean  Grin
Although that is so really deep humour tbh

But tbf I think even T-Rex or TRM has some false-positives too
miner29

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 12:34:37 AM

Can you rephrase?

The made in facility that process nuts is seen on certain foods usually candy so people with allergies know it may be a problem for them.  See Humor.

Oh okay!

You do realize they are very established devs with years of trust built. 

And you are incorrect both Trex and TRM show zero malware on virustotal.
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 02:25:19 PM

Can you rephrase?

Oh okay!

You do realize they are very established devs with years of trust built. 

And you are incorrect both Trex and TRM show zero malware on virustotal.

Yeah I checked and you are right they are showing fully clean.

Anyhow I honestly do not want to waste any more time trying to convince anyone on trying my tool out.

If anyone wants to give it a try its free to download and test. Maybe in a VM or a spare computer.

I will just keep giving my best and results will come by themselves.
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:13:40 AM

For the record, I improved the false-positives to only 1  Grin

Also added a couple new features which are included in the CHANGELOG.
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 12:53:31 AM
Merited by miner29 (1)

Version 1.3.0:
Added a couple new very useful arguments:
--keepMining: will keep mining once the Tuning process is finished
--resume: will resume the Tuning process from where it was left at (in case of manual or forced exit)
miner29

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 06:27:13 PM

Congrates newest version is down to Zero virustotal flags!
CryptoTuner (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 11:00:20 PM

Congrates newest version is down to Zero virustotal flags!
Thanks a lot mate!
mlesnews

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2021, 09:38:01 AM

I ran the code snipit in a batch file in an admin windows, but even with --keepMining and --resume flags it doesn't seem to do anything but exit right after it's run.  I put a "pause" entry after the cmd, but I don't see any sort of error messages either, it just exits.  /hmmm
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: