Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gender-Equality: 2021  (Read 223 times)
BernyJB

Activity: 168
Merit: 190

View Profile
November 17, 2021, 05:01:51 PM

If my company has all white men employees, I'd fire my HR manager since he/she clearly doesn't do the job. IQ-wise, at least there must be a bunch of Asian in my company.
You want someone who can do the job at a minimum of '100%' ability level. The best white male candidate can do 105%. The black female candidate can do the job at 108%. The HR manager has hired the white male at 105%, he's hired someone who is more than qualified to do the job well... he can't really be fired for that.

I agree, but I'd take it a step  further: If you fire your HR manager because of that, you should really be firing yourself, as you don't have any respect for your HR manager, and you're trying to do his job without knowing the first thing about why he decided to do  what he did.
If you suspect an employee of yours might not be doing his/her job properly (or at least according to your guidelines), the least you can do is investigate the issue, before taking action against anybody.
In any case, hiring an employee on the sole basis of their gender, skin color, origin, or whatever other "politically correct" reason, is as insulting (or it should be) to the employee as it would be to discriminate them for the same reasons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 18, 2021, 10:35:55 AM

If my company has all white men employees, I'd fire my HR manager since he/she clearly doesn't do the job. IQ-wise, at least there must be a bunch of Asian in my company.
You want someone who can do the job at a minimum of '100%' ability level. The best white male candidate can do 105%. The black female candidate can do the job at 108%. The HR manager has hired the white male at 105%, he's hired someone who is more than qualified to do the job well... he can't really be fired for that.

I agree, but I'd take it a step  further: If you fire your HR manager because of that, you should really be firing yourself, as you don't have any respect for your HR manager, and you're trying to do his job without knowing the first thing about why he decided to do  what he did.
If you suspect an employee of yours might not be doing his/her job properly (or at least according to your guidelines), the least you can do is investigate the issue, before taking action against anybody.
In any case, hiring an employee on the sole basis of their gender, skin color, origin, or whatever other "politically correct" reason, is as insulting (or it should be) to the employee as it would be to discriminate them for the same reasons.

The example is not about hiring a black female candidate on the sole basis of gender and ethnicity, it's about hiring the black female candidate because she is better at the job.
If there are obstacles and biases that prevent the best person from getting the job, "on the sole basis of their gender, skin color, origin, or whatever other "politically correct" reason", then this needs to be addressed.

Newlifebtc

Activity: 686
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 19, 2021, 04:59:59 AM

Nobody can even find equality from one person to the next. Why would anyone think there could be gender equality?

Cool

Plenty of people are willing to do whatever it takes to create gender equality. Just give them control over your personal and professional life and they'll turn the world into their vision of a utopia.
Someone that is full of wisdom can not thing gender equality the thing is that from the countries we are such gender equality can be happing there but here im nothing like gender segregation.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
faultfaith

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 12:47:33 PM

I dont count myself as very openminded person because i believe in the natural order of the world . Gender Equality is not for me .I think i will never get used to not being a problem man with man or woman with a woman. Im sorry for sharing an opinion like that in this post but everyone have the right to see the things in  his own way. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: