Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An example of a Powerful Rebranding  (Read 74 times)
Swapzone_pr (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 09:30:42 AM

XEC token

Its native token “XEC” powers the eCash platform with significant use-cases such as token minting and staking.

Token Minting: With this feature, XEC token holders can mint tokens with a personalized name, icon, decimal places, and supply using the eCash coin protocol. However, users are required to pay for network transaction fees using XEC tokens. In addition, the eCash platform supports NFTs.
Staking: This feature allows XEC crypto holders to participate in Avalanche staking as a part of eCash governance.

Initially, the token ticker for the XEC coin was BCHA (Bitcoin Cash ABC). Now, it has undergone rebranding to change the ticker symbol and redenomination of the token. This rebranding allows BCHA coin holders to convert their digital assets to XEC tokens at a ratio of 1:1,000,000.

eCash also aims at being a user-friendly platform with the help of upgrades like “bits”, which makes it possible to send small XEC crypto payments. Users can now alternatively send an amount like 10 bits instead of inputting a cumbersome value like 0.00001 BTC.

The strategies and plans put in place by eCash to increase XEC market value include the XEC token redenomination process. They argue that psychologically, the market analysis suggests that lower unit prices enjoy better bull market appreciation. Therefore, eCash coin described the redenomination process as a “no-brainer”.

Resource: https://swapzone.io/blog/ecash-xec
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 10:11:06 AM

Its native token “XEC” powers the eCash platform with significant use-cases such as token minting and staking.
No offense, but I'm a fan of innovation and I don't think that token minting and staking is a "significant" use case. I think they've been around for many years, long enough for this to be nothing new anymore.

And then, the 1:1000000 ratio difference is insane and the fact that they want to have faster/more often bull runs says something about the project imo. Also, how is having "bits" an upgrade? Again, this has been around with BTC and any altcoin for so many years - what's next, the "e-Sats" upgrade? lol...

This brings absolutely nothing new to the space, but this is just my 2c.
Swapzone_pr (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2021, 11:38:59 AM

No offense, but I'm a fan of innovation and I don't think that token minting and staking is a "significant" use case. I think they've been around for many years, long enough for this to be nothing new anymore.

And then, the 1:1000000 ratio difference is insane and the fact that they want to have faster/more often bull runs says something about the project imo. Also, how is having "bits" an upgrade? Again, this has been around with BTC and any altcoin for so many years - what's next, the "e-Sats" upgrade? lol...

No offence taken, you have a right to have your own opinion, I undertsand it (mostly) and appreciate
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 02, 2022, 07:20:28 AM

what is the best wallet for ecash ?
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
January 02, 2022, 09:01:11 AM

I was about to say the first line from this post. In fact I dont even consider minting and staking as utility structure. Utility would be something far more than staking and minting. Utility would be like exchanging the token in a transaction against goods or services. Or may be something like they offer you physical stuff that can be redeemed somewhere for your own benefits as you are buying it with their tokens/coins.

There could be any utility applications such as use of coins to get discounts / offers / coupons on the third party websites or walk in stores.

I don't think they have made it any different than existing eCash services.
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
January 02, 2022, 09:18:46 AM

XEC token

Token Minting: With this feature, XEC token holders can mint tokens with a personalized name, icon, decimal places, and supply using the eCash coin protocol. However, users are required to pay for network transaction fees using XEC tokens. In addition, the eCash platform supports NFTs.
Staking: This feature allows XEC crypto holders to participate in Avalanche staking as a part of eCash governance.

Initially, the token ticker for the XEC coin was BCHA (Bitcoin Cash ABC). Now, it has undergone rebranding to change the ticker symbol and redenomination of the token. This rebranding allows BCHA coin holders to convert their digital assets to XEC tokens at a ratio of 1:1,000,000.

eCash also aims at being a user-friendly platform with the help of upgrades like “bits”, which makes it possible to send small XEC crypto payments. Users can now alternatively send an amount like 10 bits instead of inputting a cumbersome value like 0.00001 BTC.

The strategies and plans put in place by eCash to increase XEC market value include the XEC token redenomination process. They argue that psychologically, the market analysis suggests that lower unit prices enjoy better bull market appreciation. Therefore, eCash coin described the redenomination process as a “no-brainer”.

Resource: https://swapzone.io/blog/ecash-xec

This just looks like an attempt of a bag holder to revive a dead project, so he can dump his bags.
I've seen it happen time and time again in the last 10 years in crypto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: