Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap Rankings  (Read 270 times)
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 08:09:27 AM

Market capital gives an impression that a given coin is big and successful when in actual fact, is not really true. If you want to see how market is not a too yardstick to measure a coin success, look at big wallet a coin and see how a big wallet sell can dip the market value of a coin!

Yeah, most people measure coin with its market cap valuation, how much the market cap is.
But i think Coinmarketcap team doesn't measure coin in such way, they must be have something else other than market cap valuation to measure the coin rank.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
sumant
Copper Member

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 09:36:58 AM

What can we do see this coinmarketcap. Coin will perform by its usecase in crypto work, if the project is good then nobody can stopped their growth. Community can make any project big by their support no matter what their rank is, so their is nothing to talk about coinmarketcap. In future there is no guaranteed that all rank coin will perform same like past.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 10:00:45 AM

What can we do see this coinmarketcap. Coin will perform by its usecase in crypto work, if the project is good then nobody can stopped their growth. Community can make any project big by their support no matter what their rank is, so their is nothing to talk about coinmarketcap. In future there is no guaranteed that all rank coin will perform same like past.
Yeah and i have experienced how some big coins in the past become nothing for now a those projects got replaced by new projects that have been performed even better and better compared with the projects. The old projects were bad for this time. The tech is getting evolved but those old projects didn't wanna follow the waves and then they were being replaced with the new projects with better usecase.

|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
justdimin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 08:51:01 PM

Yeah and i have experienced how some big coins in the past become nothing for now a those projects got replaced by new projects that have been performed even better and better compared with the projects. The old projects were bad for this time. The tech is getting evolved but those old projects didn't wanna follow the waves and then they were being replaced with the new projects with better usecase.
That's how the crypto world works. There are projects that go up and what not, but the reality is that we are not going to see anything like this at all which would make them stay. I mean btc, eth and bnb seems like they will stay, busd and usdt type of stablecoins could stay high but they are not investment worthy, they are not going to make you profit, they are just regular dollars with extra steps.

Anything other than that, would be a great way to say that it's not going to stay in top 10 forever, it just doesn't make sense. I personally believe that the best way to do this would be a great and amazing profit that we could use for all the non-top10 projects that will get in.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Jaered

Activity: 840
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 10:57:32 PM

There's many instances of wrong listing on coinmarketcap. Some coins or tokens listed lower than they should be. A good example is Saitama Inu. It clearly had a bigger market cap than it's competitors like Shiba Inu, (at a point) but was stuck way down. Rumor has it CZ Had quite a nice bag of Shiba. That is why binance chain becomes too centralized for the good of crypto
Psynthax

Activity: 2310
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 11:11:54 PM

I think it's error coming from CMC as it could potentially misled many of traders with its error, Even if it's their business decision in making such lists I think it's really bad decision that could mislead many of the traders in the long term.
there are many cases in CMC that makes some coin have wrong market capitalization due to wrong supply listed.
so if you want to check some coin valuation and market capitalization it's better if you compare cmc with coingecko so that you can be really sure with the market capitalization of the coin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Little_Sister

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2022, 11:19:36 PM

Yeah, most people measure coin with its market cap valuation, how much the market cap is.
But i think Coinmarketcap team doesn't measure coin in such way, they must be have something else other than market cap valuation to measure the coin rank.
You can order the top coins list by market cap from highest to lowest, I don't think there is anything other than market cap. But if you sort by 24-hour volume then USDT is included in the top 1 coin with the highest trading volume.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
WorkAsPro
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
Join us Now
cryptobadshah

Activity: 756
Merit: 16

BIB Exchange

View Profile
August 18, 2022, 05:04:35 AM

It is clear that CoinMarketCap lists crypto's in descending order based on market cap.  But could anyone tell me why after the first 200 listed (at this time #200's market cap is about 239 Million), #201 through about #215 MC's are back in the Billions?  In fact the MC of #201 through about #280 are above the MC of #200.

Coinmarketcap as is customary has spent signigicant time developing an exhaustive algorithmic solution to the issue after extensive research and data analysis the determined that market liquidity and the number of exchange traders were the two most important factors in overall volume the volume of an individual driven crypto trading market suffers without many traders and liquid markets. The project must have a market cap that has been confirmed by CMC and fall within the boundaries of the top 201 and above the project's market cap must be at least as much as the CMC estimates it to be. Cryptocurrencies that do not have a CMC verified market cap and do not have a ranking based on 24 hour trading volume.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 18, 2022, 11:04:18 PM

First of all, as friends have mentioned, this could be a mistake. But coinmarketcap is a platform open to manipulation. Because even cryptocurrencies, which should not be in the ranking, can enter the ranking with voting on cmc and manipulations by some people. It is also necessary to take a look at alternatives other than cmc. Because now Coinecko offers better and more appropriate statistics than cmc.
Since Coinmarketcap was in the hands of CZ, there have been a lot of problems,
but of course I really appreciate CZ for making Coinmarketcap better,
airdrops that were not there before, are now much more common on coinmarketcao,
of course this is a positive thing, because I prefer Coinmarketcap to Coingecko,

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 18, 2022, 11:16:01 PM

It is clear that CoinMarketCap lists crypto's in descending order based on market cap.  But could anyone tell me why after the first 200 listed (at this time #200's market cap is about 239 Million), #201 through about #215 MC's are back in the Billions?  In fact the MC of #201 through about #280 are above the MC of #200.

I think coinmarkecap has a few requirements towards projects before they get their proper listing within the top 200, the marketcap alone is not enough. I think they need to be listed on at least 2 or 3 different centralized exchanges in order to get a listing within the top 200. People already named Kadena and Hex as examples for big projects that have big market caps but are not listed within the top 200. Radix is another one. At the moment it is ranked at around 3300 even though the real marketcap of this project would put it around rank 80 at the moment. At coingecko Radix is ranked at 83. Sometimes coinmarketcaps rules are a bit confusing.
Mario Yamasaki

Activity: 737
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2022, 07:30:12 AM

I think Coinmarketcap is always innovating so that it becomes the main reference of investors, the thing that makes us always curious is the number of registered coins and tokens at this time more than 20k, but I'm sure all eyes will focus on the top 200, and I always look for the best coin references in Coinmarketcap .
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: