Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S9 hashboard tester message question  (Read 58 times)
PanTheo91 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2021, 08:33:33 PM

Hello everyone.

I am trying to figure out what this message means in my tester (Can't open core change to next voltage and freq). Suddenly the machine started to do reboots after 15 days of operation so i disconnect this hashboard and machine working fine with the other 2 hashboards. 

So, i tested the hashboard and got this message above. For sure i know that the temp sensor is not working because it was stuck at 15c.

My question is that, this message related to the temp sensor? If so how many temp sensors have the s9 hashboard? and where are they located? I know for sure that the temp chip is the TMP421YZDR.

Thanks for your help

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2021, 11:14:23 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2021, 11:24:48 PM by BitMaxz

My question is that, this message related to the temp sensor? If so how many temp sensors have the s9 hashboard? and where are they located? I know for sure that the temp chip is the TMP421YZDR.

If you talking about PCB temp sensor then I think it should be TMP451/T451 and you can find them near under heatsink.
If you have a magnifying glass you can find them.

Zeus is selling them and they have images where sensors are located here https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/Parts-Tools-Details.asp?ID=269
The image is not exact as the s9 hashboard but you can use it as a reference where it was located.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PanTheo91 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 05, 2021, 11:29:15 PM

If you talking about PCB temp sensor then I think it should be TMP451/T451 and you can find them near under heatsink.
If you have a magnifying glass you can find them.

Zeus is selling them and they have images where sensors are located here https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/Parts-Tools-Details.asp?ID=269
The image is not exact as the s9 hashboard but you can use it as a reference where it was located.

Thank you for your reply. Yes this is what i am looking for but do you know if this message in my tester related to the temp sensor ?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2021, 11:43:32 PM

Thank you for your reply. Yes this is what i am looking for but do you know if this message in my tester related to the temp sensor ?

In my own guess it's not related to the temp sensor this error "Can't open core change to next voltage and freq" seems related to the power supply if not, the hashboard might be shorted.
I'm not so familiar with a tester what exact tester do you use is that the test fixture from bitmain or zeusBTC?

I'd like to suggest if you want to check or diagnose the hashboard use the diagram from zeusBTC or check those test points and voltages on the hashboard you can follow the guide from this link below.

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/articles/information/171-antminer-s9-and-s9i-manual-download

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████